Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex GOTY 2015 - Results

Fairfax

Arcane
:killit:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My brother made this graph correlating AoD & Underrail votes:
JIstuvJ.jpg

- 45% of those who gave 1/5 to AoD gave 5/5 to Underrail. It's a small group, but the reverse is almost non-existent.
- If a person never played one of these games, he likely also never played the other.
- However, those who enjoyed one game likely enjoyed the other.
I do not know if this was already discussed, but:

I checked the raw data for people who had given 1-5 grade to both AoD and UR.

There were 349 entries grading both. Of those, 105 gave a better grade to AoD, 100 gave better grade to UR and 144 graded them equal.
The average among this sample for AoD was 4.172 and for UR 4.163, respectively. As is evident by a quick look, the difference between grades is statistically insignificant, if we use, say a paired t-test (observed p=0.89).

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So, how many people do realize that there is no AoD or UR equivalent in 2016?

Vault Dweller has already announced the Supreme Ubersturmfuhrer's Cut of AoD to be released in November.
It'll have three romanceable companions (woman, man, trans; you can only fuck one because C&C), enhanced rtwp combat and new awesome cooldown abilities.
We'll be able to vote on that.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Vault Dweller has already announced the Supreme Ubersturmfuhrer's Cut of AoD to be released in November.
It'll have three romanceable companions (woman, man, trans; you can only fuck one because C&C), enhanced rtwp combat and new awesome cooldown abilities.

Nah, I don't like necrophilia.

epeli

Arcane
Amongst those who even play(let alone buy anything), how many finish the games ? Theres quite a few who rated underrail 5 but never bothered to went past the junkyard.As far as i remember the game wasnt overhyped, no popular blogger plays it , outisde the codex and the watch its pretty much obscure and unknown. So i think people who tried underraill are mostly hardcore gamers.

Yet theres something i cant explain looking at the steam stats
First Blood!
Kill a living creature 64.7 % only ??? So many people did not even bother to even kill one critter....

The total number of players in Steam achievement stats includes all (or redeemed?) Steam keys, not only active Steam players. Styg used to give Steam keys to purchases from all other platforms, so those unused keys might lower all the achievement percentages somewhat.

But on the other hand, AoD's steam achievements look similar; only about two thirds (59.6% at the moment) of players have the most common achievement. I don't know if AoD has many unused Steam keys in circulation or if this is just a common pattern for other reasons.

So... this means Styg has to release Underrail Complete Edition in 2016 so we can repeat this poll in vain. :M

Azarkon

Arcane
If Underrail is like Donald Trump, whose sudden rise to popularity was driven by a coalition of toxic newfags who wanted to "make the Codex great again,"

:mrpresident:

and Age of Decadence is like Ted Cruz, who ran on a platform of good old fashioned Codex values and Vault Dweller worship,

:mob:

...Then is Witcher 3, John Kasich?

:happytrollboy:

sstacks

Arcane
A lot of the Codex is actually Sanders, running around full of earnest passion and half baked ideas and opinions without a deep understanding of the long term implications should they get their way :P

:kwafuckyeah:

Weasel
A lot of the Codex is actually Sanders, running around full of earnest passion and half baked ideas and opinions without a deep understanding of the long term implications should they get their way :P

:kwafuckyeah:

And don't forget a few SCL and F4 fans who kiss ass like Chris Christie :dance:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A lot of the Codex is actually Sanders, running around full of... half baked ideas and opinions without a deep understanding of the long term implications should they get their way :P
I guess this would apply for anyone giving 4/5 to F4 at least.

Edit: Damn ninja posts

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I'm guessing PoE is Hillary Clinton: a more mature and streamlined representative of late 90s culture with broad public appeal.

sstacks

Arcane
OK, yeah in line with comparing a candidate to a game. Sanders is the Pool of Radiance remake, it means well but the results are disastrous.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I think of Sanders as more of a Tim Schafer type--he knows everything you're doing wrong and you don't know where your money is going to go once you give it to him.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm guessing PoE is Hillary Clinton: a more mature and streamlined representative of late 90s culture with broad public appeal.
It's status quo – but worse!

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
You almost make it sound like choices and deep reactivity it’s a bad thing. Every time I read those complaints about teleporting, the message I’m getting is that your inner teenager is saying something like this “Please, I want moar exploring and moar things to kill. I don’t give a shit about serious writing and choices. Fuck this. I just want to kill more things and walking in my air pee gees!” Don’t get me wrong, but you guys deserve all the mainstream popamole cRPg crap with boring reused settings that come your way. The only difference between you and Skyrm fans, is that they don’t pretend to care about stats
true

the more I read this forum the more I came to a conclusion that folks here dreaming about bethesda's games with some fairytail shit
fucking wannabes

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You are all faggots;

RPGs were always about exploring and killing shit. Dungeon Master, Wizardry, Might and Magic. Those are RPGs. Take your faggot shit away to some other storyfag forum.

(I am being facetious, but seriously, stop fucking pretending that RPGs other than those with shitty writing and choices are the only good style. That's retarded. Combat-focused dungeon crawlers, tactical RPGs focused on strategical layers, 1-person Ultima Underworld like crawlers, jRPGs - those are all valid styles and the sooner you accept there is more room in this genre than you dumb two-dimensional view the sooner you can grow up.)

Seriously, are you dumb? C'mon. Just because someone doesn't like the AoD snore-a-thon doesn't mean he loves Bethshit. What a horrible fucking strawman.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
AoD is a good game because it doesn't have fairies!

After all THE ANCIENT EVIL NEVER AWAKENED!!!

Except it's about ancient evils.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Seriously, are you dumb? C'mon. Just because someone doesn't like the AoD snore-a-thon doesn't mean he loves Bethshit. What a horrible fucking strawman.
AoD 2, undertail 5

you personally are even worse
Better taste than you, retard. Sorry I don't like CYOA books. If I wanted to play one, I'd rent a Lone Wolf from the library.
Tryhard newfag.

makiavelli747

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Village Idiot Shitposter
Better taste than you, retard. Sorry I don't like CYOA books. If I wanted to play one, I'd rent a Lone Wolf from the library.
Tryhard newfag.
newfag? cyoa books? see, that's what I was talking about... cyoa's are old as fuck, first games was text-based ones, but bitches like you act like they are super hardcore-oldfags who only plays REAL games...
pathetic

Ninjerk

Arcane
lol, "i mean wow" really ties that image together

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom