Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Codex GOTY 2015 - Results

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Underrail. Really? :killit:

Thanks for confirming that ya'll are nothing but clueless nostalgiafags that will gobble up anything that calls itself similar to Fallout, even when it has exactly zero common features with it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
i'd rather play through the poe expansion than underrail

:lol:

I'm genuinely hard-pressed to identify rational reasons why you find the game so repugnant. Your opinions in the actual Underrail thread were gross oversimplifications, exaggerations, and nitpicking of the variety that can easily be used to lambast just about any game someone personally dislikes.

Modron

Arcane
Underrail. Really? :killit:

Thanks for confirming that ya'll are nothing but clueless nostalgiafags that will gobble up anything that calls itself similar to Fallout, even when it has exactly zero common features with it.
So you're upset over people not liking AoD enough for being fallout like but disappointed people like Underrail for being fallout like...okay... Or did I misinterpret and you are arguing for the:outrage: choice?

That said I did rate AoD higher than Underrail but either game is worthy of GotY especially when you consider the shitty year those two games barely made decent of in the last quarter.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Congratulations to Overture for being the 10th best RPG of 2015! It was played by two people, both of whom gave it a "3".

edit: sorry, 9th best

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
So you're upset over people not liking AoD enough for being fallout like but disappointed people like Underrail for being fallout like...okay... Or did I misinterpret and you are arguing for the:outrage: choice?

AoD fans shitting on Underrail in an attempt to decrease the latter's comparative prestyg was one of the recurring themes of 2015. Was Roxor one of those? I hadn't noticed.

The subtlety of people's agendas continues to tickle me. People who enjoyed Underrail more than AoD by and large acknowledged AoD's worthiness and didn't go out of their way to shit on it, whereas people who enjoyed AoD more were aggrieved by Underrail's somewhat higher popularity and visibility, and vigorously shat upon it at every opportunity.

I imagine this poll, pointless and meaningless as it is, is like salt in those wounds.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Guys, there's no way the poll can be accurate unless Age of Decadence is #1.

We should have a recount, this is unacceptable!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm genuinely hard-pressed to identify rational reasons why you find the game so repugnant. Your opinions in the actual Underrail thread were gross oversimplifications, exaggerations, and nitpicking of the variety that can easily be used to lambast just about any game someone personally dislikes.

Underrail is a game about genociding sewer wildlife (alternatively using a stealth awesome button and parading around from place to place at a gentlemanly pace), collecting junk, starting an assembly line of goods out of said junk, reading inane dialogues and doing inane fetch quests. Not to mention it's the fucking game of the century when it comes to wasting your time at every single corner of the game (acid puddles taking half an hour to dry up are still my favourite).

But actually, I'd say that what bothers me the most about it is not the game itself - it HAS its saving graces - but the stupid reception it's getting here. Deepest craftung in the history of gaeming! Wow such great writung! Smacking down dese batrats is very compelling! THOSE FETCH QUESTS FIT THE SETTING STOP HATE YOU HATER! This is all exactly like fallout see its brown and post-apo and isometric and single-character! In that sense, it pisses me off exactly the same way PoE did - if not for the tards flooding the 'dex at its release saying that it's the second coming of bestestness, I wouldn't have given enough of a shit to respond with the Ultimate Review (tm).

I honestly give zero fucks about all the shovelware shitgames out there, and I also give zero fucks whether you like them or not. I know I like many shovelware shitgames out there. But boy, if you go ahead and start telling me that one of them is 10/10 game of the year every year, I sure as hell am going to stand up and flail my arms to throw shit your way and yell that your king is fucking naked.

So you're upset over people not liking AoD enough for being fallout

idiot

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Underrail is better than AoD, and this poll proves it.

Wow such great writung!

I've never seen anyone claim that, myself least of all. I've cited it as one of the game's weaknesses, whereas AoD's writing is a strength. That stance is immortalized in the preview I wrote.

However, it's serviceable and isn't actively obnoxious, which is important.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Stingray said:
I think that "top 10" is a bit misleading because for most of those games, hardly anyone on the site actually played them. Their style of voting was a bit out of the ordinary - instead of voting for the best game, what they did is have everyone rate every game that they played from 2015. The list is derived from the Bayesian average ratings of each game.

If you limit the list to games that were played by a reasonable number of voters, then their full GotY rankings would be:

1. Underrail (played by 58%) - rating 4.20
2. AoD (played by 63%) - rating 4.18
3. Witcher 3 (played by 51%) - rating 4.00
4. Serpent in the Staglands (played by 35%) - rating 3.56
5. Shadowrun: Hong Kong (played by 44%) - rating 3.52
6. Pillars of Eternity (played by 76%) - rating 3.30
7. Sunless Sea (played by 17%) - rating 2.91
8. Undertale (played by 29%) - rating 2.60
9. Fallout 4 (played by 44%) - rating 1.86
10. Sword Coast Legends (played by 11%) - rating 1.71

Every other game was only played by 8% or less of the voters. (The full spreadsheet is available at their site, my list is taken from the GotY tab of it.) #7 and #10 weren't played by many, so maybe they should be dropped too. Now the list begins to look pretty reasonable.

If they had actually voted like we do here, I'm assuming AoD would have won their GotY, due to its somewhat higher % of players than Underrail (and Witcher 3), and similar rating.

valcik

Arcane
Underrail is better than AoD, and this poll proves it.
Poll proves jackshit, because butthurted UR fanboys downvoted AoD intentionally. It was enough to create 0.02 difference, congrats to all the UR fans! lel
I just double-checked and there's just one retard (registered in 2015 with 70 posts) downvoting UR with the lowest rating of 1. As you can see ladies and gentlemen, AoD truly is a mature game for mature audience who doesn't feel the need to do any stupid childish shenanigans in order to put their favorite game on some virtual pedestal. Unlike UR, where fanbase is much more childish and insecure, obviously.

:troll:

(Just for the record, voted 5 for AoD and 4 for UR.)

imweasel

ywsN2vO.png

:balance:

kwo1jv7.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom