Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Blood Bowl League

grotsnik

Arcane
Nine injuries in total across the teams, I think, including the dead wolf that wasn't! Finally this is shaping up to be a worthy sacrifice to Khorne suitably bloody league.

I took all of scratchmonkey's re-rolls. All of them. I felt terrible about it for a while, but then he scored. I did, however, put his Yhetee on the bench for the next match! And my other Treeman levelled up. GG scratchmonkey.

grotsnik

Arcane
This game ain't changing me, baby. It's good for the soul, spending a moment mentally sympathising with your opponent or lamenting their poor luck even while you're viciously fouling his players out of existence.

I look forward to demonstrating this sound ethical principle directly to your werewolf in the very next round...

:fight:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
come at me bro

while you're busy with wolves which actually have defensive skills, my ST4 AV7 ghoul will whistle merrily as he takes the ball to the end zone.

Garm

Learned
Or ditch Wrestle and get Juggernaut + Strip Ball.

Juggernaut won't help him stay upright though...at least with wrestle, I get to take down an opponent with block if he rolls Both Down. You usually can't afford to keep many Saurus away from the scrum--with wrestle I know he can at least hold his own if he gets trapped in one. Plus with MV 6, Saurus can actually use wrestle effectively. And strip ball is useless if the opponent has Sure Hands...I'd rather get Frenzy instead of that. Although, in a league full of low TV teams, that would be a great combo for a ball sacker...pity you'd have to keep him out of the fray though.

scratchmonkey

Educated
I felt terrible about it

If it makes you feel better, in a match in my other league later in the day, I finished the game with 4 players versus 11. And the other team were Skaven.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, me and hoverdog tried to play. But he couldn't connect to the client and then Steam server crashed.

So that was cool. We'll try again tomorrow.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I just want the strongest defensive team. I don't care if they suck at offense. I was thinking maybe one of the ugly factions where passing is near impossible because everyone is so hideous the throwers and receivers freak out and runners fall on their faces.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I just want the strongest defensive team. I don't care if they suck at offense. I was thinking maybe one of the ugly factions where passing is near impossible because everyone is so hideous the throwers and receivers freak out and runners fall on their faces.
You need to be more specific.

What constitute defense?
If you really want - I can demonstrate why Nurgle is probably your best choice by taking fresh TV 1000 Human and you take Nurgle.
It's a really painful experience for the human team.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
By the way, Me and hoverdog tried to play before and the blood bowl server crashed in the meantime. Should we try to resume the score or just start over from scratch?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Start from scratch. You have to accept that sometimes Cyanide will crap out and invalidate Your efforts.

As for the best defense team - yup, Nurgle. They have great means to stop passing play by the opponent team.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
So we played, first of all I'd like to state that I'm probably fairly lucky to not have faced any permanent injuries on sauri. With that said however:

:rage::x:rage:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Are you missing one of my replays Mico? I see only five matches played for me in the first post :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I still need to upload the faux-replay. Last time I tried BBmanager was down. Will try again tomorrow.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Faux-replay was created and uploaded. I wasn't able to simulate a 2-1 result (went with 2-0), so TD difference will be a bit off for Country_Gravy.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Jaedar had some really piss-poor rolls (-9 luck on BBM). However, this time it was me who had numerical disadvantage (decliners went back to phase one - soft little kittens: only one casualty inflicted, though it was a dead lvl3 skink), with Gaider BH and Something Awesome! Button (his third incarnation) broken. I won 2-0 in the end, and my win was never really in danger, but I did have one heart-stopping moment. Kroxigor blitzed Bobby Kotick, put him in the dirt :x , injured him ( :rage:), regeneration failed ( :rage::rage:)...

but he only got badly hurt :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom