Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
- Byzantine Empire can no longer revoke duchies for free (how was bullshit like this allowed in the first place?).

It's there for historical reasons. You know the Byzzies weren't really feudal as portrayed in CK2; the more time passed the closer they got to it, but in 867 they didn't even come close to such a decentralized mess.
Free duchy revocation is the most applicable thing in the game's mechanics that kinda resembles how the emperors granted land. And if anything it's still an understatement: the emperor could revoke any title on a whim, not just "duchies".

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Picked this island as starting spot.
Doesn't seem like much hope in TOG. Or is it?
Killed 10 wives ... build nothing but levies.
Muslim attacks...
Raise Nestorian Holy Order for 190 Piety no upkeep.
Raise 2000 personal levy from a Castle, Church and a City.
And watch the Mudslims lose battle after battles..

ck2%202014-05-09%2020-07-45-62.jpg

:lol:

Later on, genius daughter matri-marry Abyssinia prince.
And took advantage on claim-war. Blammo. Nestorian Queen of Abyssinia.
But she's depressed and most vassals are butthurt over different religion and culture.
Acted quickly, imprisoning them, banishing them, revoking all titles down to every single county.
Stuck in gavelkind. Imprisoned all sons except for the sole genius. Killed the rest. Tough luck.
Expelled jews, and one thing left to do...

02.jpg

:lol:

03.jpg

04.jpg

Time to redistribute the lands to the rightful Bedouin folks. :smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's amusing how awesome Depressed trait is in CK2. Whenever you get it, it's like "YESSSSSSSSS", but then you lose it and it's "NOOOOOO".

Brinko

Arcane
The one thing that sucks about Ethiopia that I found out is that Axum has the sole 7 holding county but it's packed with temples. What fucking good is that to anyone aside from the muslims who can invade from Oman? I have never found any reason to build temples as they seem like a shit fusion between a castle and city.

The one thing that sucks about Ethiopia that I found out is that Axum has the sole 7 holding county but it's packed with temples. What fucking good is that to anyone aside from the muslims who can invade from Oman? I have never found any reason to build temples as they seem like a shit fusion between a castle and city.

If it's not next to water, why bother?

But seriously, cities without ports aren't much better than Temples.

In that region of the world I would go straight for Sanaa (2 6-holding counties and 1 5-holding), Oman (1 6-holding), and Medina (1 6-holding). All coastal and providing plenty of tax base.

RK47

Patron
As usual, 20k adventurer stack arrives, i surrender - and ... instead of revoking me and utterly destroying me, he went to pick a fight with muslims.
Yes, he's a Nubian Prince, so he goes to help his kin. Attacked Egypt - and got wtf-pwned by 20k Seljuks.

06.jpg

Your tech's too low, try again.
His 20k magical stack goes poof, I bring back my levy and retinue + 2000 merc and reclaim throne.
Seriously, Paradox.
Fix your goddamn adventurer, there is no way 1000AD Kingdom of Abyssinia can withstand 20k adventurer stack without some serious meta.

XenomorphII

Prophet
I cannot brofist that enough. Adventures are really, really, stupid. Especially when a random Norseman is able to raise armies larger than any empire in the world can.

mondblut

Arcane
I cannot brofist that enough. Adventures are really, really, stupid. Especially when a random Norseman is able to raise armies larger than any empire in the world can.

All armies-from-the-air are retarded. Adventurers, revolts, nomads from beyond the map, you name it.

XenomorphII

Prophet

All armies-from-the-air are retarded. Adventurers, revolts, nomads from beyond the map, you name it.

I wouldn't be against them if they made the amount of people that flock to their banner a function of both the relative development of where they come from and the individual leading the groups prestige (and the numbers were much lower than they are now as a base line). Hopefully, this would lead to some serious adventurer types (like William the Bastard) on rare occasions, but most would likely be flash in a pan's or would simply not try after failing to achieve enough support.

mondblut

Arcane
I wouldn't be against them if they made the amount of people that flock to their banner a function of both the relative development of where they come from

Oh, but they do. Revolts are always 150% of garrison, because "challenj!!! blobs should not be!11". That's basically admitting your own gameplay rules do not work and need constant cheating to keep up with the player.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Actually to me it seems to be mostly in the AI vacuum that those things are needed. The player can obviously compensate, but the AI will ultimately always be a dumb motherfucker no matter what so it needs measures like this for things to start rolling both for the Revolt AI and the defending realm. Just standard continuation of the old RTS resource-cheating AI. The failure of the stacks (revolt/adventurer/horsefuckers) is in that they're still only a problem for non-blobs (or a nigh-unstoppable problem in case of horsefuckers). My ass-feels guess is that the success ratio for things like revolts is probably less than 1% at the end of the day against the AI.

The blob problem is down to the fact there's a linear increase in power that never stops.

RK47

Patron
Ran into a strange issue.
Was playing a count of Orvieto, vassal of Italy.
HRE formed, eating up Italy in the process.
Then I managed to fabricate a Duchy of Latium, which included Rome as de jure vassal.
I of course declared war, usurped it and then proceed to distribute Rome's holdings to my vassals.
Curiously, the Pope immediately returned to Rome as soon as I unpaused it. He also took everything from my vassal.
What gives?

XenomorphII

Prophet
Then I managed to fabricate a Duchy of Latium, which included Rome as de jure vassal.
I of course declared war, usurped it and then proceed to distribute Rome's holdings to my vassals.
Curiously, the Pope immediately returned to Rome as soon as I unpaused it. He also took everything from my vassal.
What gives?

Don't know. Same thing happened to me from 867 Spartenos start. I had held Rome for 150ish years, the Pope declared a crusade and immediately after I clicked the don't care button, Rome flipped to him. I immediately took it back, and it immediately flipped back to the Pope.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
What gives?

Don't know. Same thing happened to me from 867 Spartenos start. I had held Rome for 150ish years, the Pope declared a crusade and immediately after I clicked the don't care button, Rome flipped to him. I immediately took it back, and it immediately flipped back to the Pope.
Looks like the Pope decided to define the doctrine of Papal infallibility a few centuries early.
:troll:

actually you're right, i didn't notice he had kept those territories for some time already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom