Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civvie thread (classic FPS reviews/commentary on youtube)

Caim

Arcane
Well as far as boomer shooters go this doesn't look half bad, so if you can stomache Postal's brand of comedy it might be worth looking at. It's also half the price of Postal 4 and probably twice as good.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For some reasons it reminds me KISS Psycho Cirrus. Some enemy design? Levels?

Fucking dogs everywhere :-P.

Though aside from that i can't see the similarity, KISS Psycho Circus has a much darker style (and IMO better atmosphere) and enemies feel more varied in terms of how they work.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

I remember some mentions of it like 2 years back, sounds like a chore.

spoilers
so after 16 hours of the most convoluted plot ever written the actual ending is
the villain monologuing for 10 minutes about how he won and then just shooting your character in the back of the head, cut to credits?
it's like if The Sopranos were written by a neural network patterned on an 8 year old who just wanted to watch Star Wars

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this video mainly because the game is boring. Not even so bad it's funny or tragic or fascinating, just... boring.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hm, i remember playing this game years ago, but aside from a few bugs in some places i do not remember having any major issues with it. Though i never really had much of an issue with hitscanner enemies, it wasn't until recent years that i learned people dislike them :-P. However i do not remember any details about what was going on aside from being a bit "meh".

Civvie does tend to exaggerate some things for comedic purposes though, e.g. his Alpha Prime video made the game look way worse than it actually is.

Caim

Arcane
I'm taking away from this that the people behind Redneck Rampage are ultimately responsible for these two chucklefucks existing:

wolf-youngblood-listing-800x342.jpg

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm taking away from this that the people behind Redneck Rampage are ultimately responsible for these two chucklefucks existing:

Same studio, but different people. What you said is the same as declaring that Doc Pemberton's Coke is the same as current Coke.

Caim

Arcane

Same studio, but different people. What you said is the same as declaring that Doc Pemberton's Coke is the same as current Coke.
Drew Markham directed both. Also what I said is closer to blaming Doc Pemberton for the existence of shitty bootleg coke-like beverages.

Caim

Arcane
Never got around to playing Thief, but this looks like a "part 1 but more" kind of deal. Just take the base game and expand on it, give you a few more tools and obstacles and off you go.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And less supernatural elements like zombies, which some people consider as incine in their book.
I was on the same boat, took me like a decade to start another playthrough to change my mind.

Caim

Arcane
Dude looks like a mix of Wolverine and the Sniper from TF2.

Gotta love that shitty C&C though.

Zlaja

Arcane
I didn't know there's a first person mode in The Suffering. I wonder how well the game plays in that mode. He just briefly mentioned that aiming is harder, without showing it. Usually, it's the opposite.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I didn't know there's a first person mode in The Suffering. I wonder how well the game plays in that mode. He just briefly mentioned that aiming is harder, without showing it. Usually, it's the opposite.
it makes the game more difficult because of a low FOV. Not to mention that it's harder to dodge-roll that way.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't remember rolling in this game at all. FPP camera? Though it was implemented in the sequel...
My memory is playing tricks on me.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finally it happened

what a good start with saying it's better than Blood :argh:

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Good shooting and AI that's given something to do. Nothing new under the sun, but the video was nice.

Gotta wonder if he's going to do the expansions.

Caim

Arcane
So it's basically Blood 3. Might give it a shot, if only to see how the most Blood weapon to ever exist in a game like this works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom