Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Zariusz

Arbiter
aDVlAkgg_700w_0.jpg

Mauman

Learned
HAHA!!

I got my Stew. Oh yeah, and master pickpocketing.

Left the militia for the Ring of Water. Borr isn't so picky now.

I was rather touched (and impressed with the devs for taking things into account) when Oklav came up and cheerfully said hi, asked how I was doing now that I wasn't in the guard, and that the guard missed me :hug:

Digital Goat

Novice
Found an infinite xp exploit. Well, near infinite as it requires a tiny bit of gold.

minor spoilers so I'll tag it just in case.

So Ingolf, the Mage in the Water Monestary who sells you stuff (and shrunk you the rat bastard :argh:) has an infinite supply of blank spell runes due to the fact he interacts with the rune maker. Every time he uses it he gains a new one in his inventory if he has none (actually, he gets two I don't know why). These can then be traded into the City water mages for 250 xp a pop.

The runes themselves cost a laughable 50 gp per item. Net cost of 45 as you get 5 papers you can just sell right back if you want.

Only problem is the mage takes ALL of the runes of the same type. Normally this isn't an issue as you just drop the extras and give them one at a time. Blank runes are stackable so you'll have to put the extras in a nearby container. The nearby bookcase works well for this.

Honestly, it's not really worth it. By this point you should be God amongst mortals, and it's a bit tedious. But it's there if you're so inclined :D

There is another one and much earlier:

Inside water mage's temple in town you can find one mage, who's constantly operating that rune device, kick his butt and loot 2 blank runes every time. Another mage – one who gives quest to gather 8 pearls – becomes agressive, so you need kick his butt too. Repeat as many times as you like

Also found infinite strength exploit, much more tedious though:

Ingor in MercGuild smithy is constantly devouring various food, including apples, so every time he grabs another one out of nowhere it appears in his inventory and can be bought for 5 gp

Mauman

Learned
Found an infinite xp exploit. Well, near infinite as it requires a tiny bit of gold.

minor spoilers so I'll tag it just in case.

So Ingolf, the Mage in the Water Monestary who sells you stuff (and shrunk you the rat bastard :argh:) has an infinite supply of blank spell runes due to the fact he interacts with the rune maker. Every time he uses it he gains a new one in his inventory if he has none (actually, he gets two I don't know why). These can then be traded into the City water mages for 250 xp a pop.

The runes themselves cost a laughable 50 gp per item. Net cost of 45 as you get 5 papers you can just sell right back if you want.

Only problem is the mage takes ALL of the runes of the same type. Normally this isn't an issue as you just drop the extras and give them one at a time. Blank runes are stackable so you'll have to put the extras in a nearby container. The nearby bookcase works well for this.

Honestly, it's not really worth it. By this point you should be God amongst mortals, and it's a bit tedious. But it's there if you're so inclined :D

There is another one and much earlier:

Inside water mage's temple in town you can find one mage, who's constantly operating that rune device, kick his butt and loot 2 blank runes every time. Another mage – one who gives quest to gather 8 pearls – becomes agressive, so you need kick his butt too. Repeat as many times as you like

Also found infinite strength exploit, much more tedious though:

Ingor in MercGuild smithy is constantly devouring various food, including apples, so every time he grabs another one out of nowhere it appears in his inventory and can be bought for 5 gp

Hehe....I noticed the water mage in town doing that, but I figured that would be a good way to get super duper fined. Do you not get fined for thrashing the water mages? If not that's hilarious.

As for Ingor, I'll have to remember that when I play my next character (went militia this time). I won't farm him or anything, but I'll stop by and grab an apple whenever I'm in the area :P

As an aside, I'm really enjoying the expedition. It's flavorful and interesting.

Mauman

Learned
South Swamp, location on map in the spoiler.

2684191887-preview-archeologmapa.jpg

Is there a way to open the door on the left?

Yeah, don't open the door on the right.

Seriously, that's the trick.

Choice rundown

Door right - gold and silverware, money, dragonroot, goblin berries, and a health elixer

Door left - lots of rare scrolls and potions (including destroy undead) and a mana elixer.

Door right is probably the better choice. Unless you're playing a completely pure mage I suppose.

Each one also has a decent belt but you probably have better stuff by this point.

This is assuming you're not talking about the door with pedestal key thingy, but the inside.

if that's not the case then

Give old coins to the museum guy till he gives you a sword

Zariusz

Arbiter
HAHA!!

I was rather touched (and impressed with the devs for taking things into account) when Oklav came up and cheerfully said hi, asked how I was doing now that I wasn't in the guard, and that the guard missed me :hug:
Why would you even leave your guard bros for some shady dude.:cry:

Mauman

Learned
HAHA!!

I wanted my stew damn it :P

Also, it was the only way I was going to get Water Fist before going into the scary ruins.

Salvo

Arcane
HAHA!!

Roderich is an asshole
"Oh yeah dude I know you've been asking for my help for a month now but how about those slum patrols eh"

Tygrende

Arbiter
Roderich is an asshole
"Oh yeah dude I know you've been asking for my help for a month now but how about those slum patrols eh"
Well to be fair the guard is not your personal army, you don't get to pick and choose what law enforcement does because you signed up and your brother is missng. He's not obliged to help you at all but does something anyways. I think it's more fair to shit on Araxos for not helping you enough if you join them since they are a private company.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Finished. 104 hours. 10/10. What else is there even to say?

In the end I have become one with DEX. 415 with the pot, 390 otherwise. I think I got most perma bonuses but not all for sure. Worth nothing that I was almost 1-shoting most things with a bow, so an optimized crossbow build would probably be actually 1-shoting everything. Final boss(es) took quite a few more. Bosses don't really interact well with ranged, you either slow them down with the spell and kite or just out-DPS them, but it was fun nonetheless.

UQpA4cM.png

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Roderich is an asshole
Well to be fair the guard is not your personal army, you don't get to pick and choose what law enforcement does because you signed up and your brother is missng. He's not obliged to help you at all but does something anyways. I think it's more fair to shit on Araxos for not helping you enough if you join them since they are a private company.

In fairness to the guild, Lorenzo does actually keep his word and send out the trackers to search. They just don't do a very good job.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
chapter 4 finale:

knew it was coming, but damn. the stry is finally going into the fast gear now. this is the last chapter right?

also googling the result i found
you can find jorn alive if you don't do sidequests. most players won't get it, but that is such a cool thing to do and the gam ended there

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
chapter 4 finale:

knew it was coming, but damn. the stry is finally going into the fast gear now. this is the last chapter right?

you can find jorn alive if you don't do sidequests. most players won't get it, but that is such a cool thing to do and the gam ended there
It goes to 6, but the last two are pretty much railroaded. Do everything you need to do before crossing the bridge in Vardhahl.

Yeah that speedrun is the only thing to give Marvin a decent ending.

Danikas

Arcane
chapter 4 finale:

There is still good amount of side quests in chapter 5 they finish storylines that started in previous chapters. Chapter 6 is basically ending sequence with no side quests.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I just remembered, there is one thing I didn't find an answer to in particular.

What happened to Fabio and his new group? I made them farm swamp weed, visited them once in ch4, on a second visit in ch5 they were all gone, Marvin noted it himself too. I searched the whole swamp and they were nowhere to be found.

agris

Arcane
Patron

What happened to Fabio and his new group? I made them farm swamp weed, visited them once in ch4, on a second visit in ch5 they were all gone, Marvin noted it himself too. I searched the whole swamp and they were nowhere to be found.
apparently, if you return to the swamp a few days after finding everyone missing, you'll find them zombiefied.

Tygrende

Arbiter

apparently, if you return to the swamp a few days after finding everyone missing, you'll find them zombiefied.
So just a matter of waiting a few days after they were gone, thanks. I suspected something like that happened.

Mauman

Learned
That swamp always felt like there should be some questline about its secrets or some hidden notes with story

Yeah, between the

Swamp witch who shows up at night in the hut you find the Axeman bounty, Fabio's group, the haunted forge in the teleporter cave, the mysterious salesman, and Fane, you'd think that there's SOMETHING that you'd be able to dig into a little bit.

But no, it just ends. I guess it's ok. Sometimes some things aren't meant to be explained, and they make it more memorable for it. But man it makes you wonder too.

Edit - also, about Fabio.

You have to show up at night to find their zombies. If you show up during the day then nobody is around. Martin will comment on it, but no zombies

Also, as an aside, the gal isn't present. This could be chalked up to there being no female zombie model, an oversight by the devs, or something else we don't know. Who knows.

edit - at least I think it has to be night as I came back that same exact day but at midnight. That's how it worked for me. Somebody let me know if you saw them during the day :D

Chalk it up to more Swamp Witch fuckery I guess :roll:

Last edited:

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
An Archolos dev on the Steam forum said that they tried to get patch 1.2 ready for today, but didn't make it, and that "the next chance is on Thursday".

Murk

Arcane
Played through it twice, as a str/melee guard and then a dex/archer->mage mercenary and yeah, the game is fucking great.

Long live the potatomen responsible for this wonderful gift; in all of its free glory. I'll be seeking them out and sending money their way that they may bless us again.

It's what I always wanted... Gothic 2: Again. May there be a Gothic 2: Once More in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom