Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

mastroego

Arcane
Chris should also go after the "game industry journalists" who spread the shit around unless they delete those articles and issue a public apology to him. Letting them walk scott free is a mistake.
force game industry that outed him into hiring him next?
No but the first part is perhaps doable.
I don't remember what the articles said exactly, back then, I didn't even read most of them in fact, but I'm sure they went beyond reporting the simple news of the claims. If this is the case, he should have sued them too.
I have no idea if it's too late now, though

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't remember what the articles said exactly, back then, I didn't even read most of them in fact, but I'm sure they went beyond reporting the simple news of the claims. If this is the case, he should have sued them too.

This is the key bit. If they went beyond reporting the allegations, i.e. didn't just report the facts as they were at the time and stick "allegedly" before any assertion, then they may well be vulnerable to such action.

Sizzle

Arcane
Chris should also go after the "game industry journalists" who spread the shit around unless they delete those articles and issue a public apology to him. Letting them walk scott free is a mistake.

The Gamer was the worst of them, as Sean Murray wrote that he drugged and raped countless women. I think that this is the toned-down version of the article, as the original was even crazier.

Speaking of unhinged wackjobs, Jim Sterling, that miserable fat fuck, also noted in one of his videos (don't know which one and can't be arsed finding it, but I do remember watching it) that "Like, everyone in the industry knows that Chris Avellone is a sexual predator, you guys! Seriously, he's molested dozens of women! The only reason I couldn't talk about it was that I didn't have permission to do it before! Really, honest to goodness!" Of course, he never mentioned it again, the slimy twit.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Kotaku have more important things to write about, thank you very much:
cAMGNup.png

To be fair, I think that's the best Kotaku article I ever read.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Cucktacoo once got in touch with me about some shit that was going down. I told them my side of the story. They ignored all my facts and posted "both parties are at fault", which simply wasn't the case. The guy I was in confrontation with ended up settling. I informed cucktacoo. Never heard back from them again. It's like being sjw cunts is not enough, they also have to be bullies and toxic fucks, too. To imply that I was at fault was gaslighting in its purest form, and it really came at a bad time. I ended up having a nervous breakdown at one point, and those cunts certainly contributed. Not a single other dirtsheet did that, only those fucks. If I ever become a terrorist and decide to blow myself up with some other people, cuntacoo writers will be the first on my list.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine

The Gamer was the worst of them, as Sean Murray wrote that he drugged and raped countless women. I think that this is the toned-down version of the article, as the original was even crazier.

Speaking of unhinged wackjobs, Jim Sterling, that miserable fat fuck, also noted in one of his videos (don't know which one and can't be arsed finding it, but I do remember watching it) that "Like, everyone in the industry knows that Chris Avellone is a sexual predator, you guys! Seriously, he's molested dozens of women! The only reason I couldn't talk about it was that I didn't have permission to do it before! Really, honest to goodness!" Of course, he never mentioned it again, the slimy twit.
He should take these 2 clowns to trial and make an example out of them. They are even worse than those 2 hoes because these clowns made the story explode and popularize it with those articles.

Sizzle

Arcane

He should take these 2 clowns to trial and make an example out of them. They are even worse than those 2 hoes because these clowns made the story explode and popularize it with those articles.

He almost certainly won't.

Knowing him, he's just happy this is all over (of course, it's far from done when it comes to his future working prospects, which are still up in the air), and going on a suing spree would probably just result in him losing the good faith he managed to win back with this.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

For what exactly?

All the stories I recall seeing used the words alleged correctly, and reported what was claimed as claims. Plus Chris is definitely a newsworthy and public figure for video games "journalism".

Are there any specific stories you think crossed the line to defamation?

Sòren

Arcane
i'm pretty happy for chris. if he learned some lessons here (i guess he did), his writing will get even better.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
He isnt a chad because he apologized for nothing but any victory against SJWs feels warm and fuzzy
It baffles me how retards will apologize when things like this happen.

The correct response is never 'im so sorry you feel that way' it's 'bitch if you dont apologize and publicly retract your statement within 24 hours im taking you to court and killing your dog, and possibly not in that order.'

I still remember that right after that big fox news guy got fired for harassing/groping women or something, a woman tried to claim another completely different higher up at fox (one of the ones who had/has his own show, also cant remember his name) groped her. He went on air and said he was addressing the allegations by having his lawyers contact her immediately with a lawsuit. She apologized and retracted the comments the next day.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I still remember that right after that big fox news guy got fired for harassing/groping women or something, a woman tried to claim another completely different higher up at fox (one of the ones who had/has his own show, also cant remember his name) groped her. He went on air and said he was addressing the allegations by having his lawyers contact her immediately with a lawsuit. She apologized and retracted the comments the next day.
Tucker Carlson?

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Leave dogs out of this, it's not their fault they got kidnapped by insane women at birth and force-fed kibble in captivity

Lambach

Arcane
The correct response is never 'im so sorry you feel that way' it's 'bitch if you dont apologize and publicly retract your statement within 24 hours im taking you to court and killing your dog, and possibly not in that order.'

Just in case people forgot, right around at the same time this happened to Chris, some bitch accused Seven-Pesos Pedro of the same. And whereas Chris was groveling like an utterly pathetic cuckold, Irrate Ignacio issued a response similar to what you're saying (though in a more diplomatic tone).

Fast forward a couple of months, Chris ends up in court, while Enraged Enrique's accuser simply vanished into non-existence much earlier than that.

Vincente

Arbiter

Just in case people forgot, right around at the same time this happened to Chris, some bitch accused Seven-Pesos Pedro of the same. And whereas Chris was groveling like an utterly pathetic cuckold, Irrate Ignacio issued a response similar to what you're saying (though in a more diplomatic tone).

Fast forward a couple of months, Chris ends up in court, while Enraged Enrique's accuser simply vanished into non-existence much earlier than that.
Gotta love Furious Fabio.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Tucker Carlson?
Yeah that's the one. He wore a bow tie when he was on CNN.

Vincente

Arbiter
How soon we forget Sawyers "pro-rape" quest line in New Vegas..
Sorry, the what questline?
The Cook-Cook and Fiends in general, Avellone just threw Sawyer under the bus by saying something in the lines of "yeah that wasnt me guys it was all Sawyer go harrass him" and Sawyer actually stood his ground and said that rape is one of the brutal truths of war.

GdGmjSI_d.webp

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The Cook-Cook and Fiends in general, Avellone just threw Sawyer under the bus by saying something in the lines of "yeah that wasnt me guys it was all Sawyer go harrass him" and Sawyer actually stood his ground and said that rape is one of the brutal truths of war.

Avellone is just very literal sometimes, doesn't mean he is against using rape in fiction, just that in this case it was Sawyer and MCA really doesn't like to get attributed for things he hasn't done, good or bad

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Avellone is just very literal sometimes, doesn't mean he is against using rape in fiction, just that in this case it was Sawyer and MCA really doesn't like to get attributed for things he hasn't done, good or bad

Yeah, I never read any malicious intent in all of that. Just Chris effectively saying, "The fuck are you asking me for?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom