Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone interviewed

CreamyBlood

Arcane
It's good to see straight up honest people speak their minds. He was polite when answering questions regarding his 'peers' and was direct about his thoughts.

I had the feeling he was talking directly to the Codex and not the email questions he was replying to. In fact, I'm not seeing a lot of hate going on here.

He sounds like a creative guy and has a good job in the gaming industry and does what he can. That's all you can do. I'm sure he spreads his ideas when he can.

Plus I think he was drinking while writing up his replies and had a good laugh, like I did. Was. Am

Good interview.

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
The only time it really hurt was Fallout 3, because that game felt like it had the potential to be better than Torment, and when I was working on it, I could feel the inner creativity “sing” because it felt like everything was clicking into place.

Van Buren, the Tower of Babel of RPGs. The greatest minds were united under one great cause but reached too high, and were struck down, the languages of the suits overseeing the project having been confounded. All involved were scattered to the winds, each to his own failure elsewhere, for what was success individually having tasted the glorious sweet honey of unity and purpose with sworn brothers?

The tower is fallen. It shan't be built again. All who try do so futilely, doomed, cursed, reviled, mocked, spit upon and kicked like dogs.

If creativity sang that hour, my friends, the next its tongue was cut out. And mute it remains. All we hear now are coughs and moans, and can it talk back to us as we beat, abuse, and mutilate it? Rape it? Tie it down with rope and pierce its nipples with chains and taunt it with 'safe' words and dress it in leather and roll out the mach-...uhh, I mean, yeah.

You get the idea.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
Ausir said:
feelings or humour

Elaborate on these concepts please.

I'm none too certain on the "feelings" part, but I believe that the "humour" bit is probably something like this:

55555xz6.jpg

Also, tubgirl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom