Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone + Brian Fargo = ?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Wait, where is the link to this presser? I just checked both the inxile website AND the kickstarter page (since Im a backer) and I can find no sign of this. o_O

Brian mailed it to me and - presumably - a number of websites.

Hopefully he'll post it to Kickstarter as an update soon.

Johannes

Arcane
Fargo links to that story on RPS from his Twitter, so not fake.

2,1m seems easy, considering there'll be a last minute rush in any case.

curry

Arcane
They have $1.6M now and they need $2.1M to bring in Bugsidian Obsidian. So the price of fucking up the game is $500k? Good to know.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Sure, agreed. But we should be able to anti-brofist them. Not take away their brofists, mind you...just give them a "dumbfuck" post-count.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Chris Avellone + Brian Fargo = TRUE!!

:yeah:

@Anthony Davis The only big publisher I can think of that loves turn-based games is 1C Company in Russia. Do you know if Obsidian has ever made a pitch to them, or considered doing so?

hiver

DO NOT SPOIL THIS MOMENT FOR ME!
Mr Davis.... Im kinda feeling very smug now about the recent discussion we had a page back. (although not exactly exclusively between us two, but none the less)

very, very smug and happy.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I am definitely holding on to the $250 reward tier because if Brian or MCA announces that MCA will autograph the box as well, I know they're gonna be gone in a jiffy. Also, I would die a happy man with God Emperor's signature sitting in a plaque with my Wasteland 2 Collectors Edition Box. :smug:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
pps. Yes, I am at TimeGate now and I LOVE IT. Like Obsidian it is a great company full of great people. The culture is very different, but in a good way. I am working on ACM, though I did join the project late.

You should remind your new employers about fucking KOHAN!
I do, constantly. I love Kohan.

Heh, good to hear!

:bro:

It's a shame they've only bothered with 'slamdunk'( ;) ) FPS expansions and cheapo multi shooters since then for the most part when they obviously have the capacity for more monocled titles.

Hey, Kohan II was a good game even if a bit different from the first ones and better and more original than anything they've done since. At the time Timegate were just starting out, not much hype or mainstream support for such a game either. It got higher ratings at IGN (8.5)than any Obsidian game apart from KOTOR 2 and FNV. :troll: (Their FEAR games got 7.6 and 5.9 from the same prestigious magazine in comparison)

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I would build a shrine to hold the signed collectors edition in honor of the W2 crew, but only if the game is well above average. If it sucks I will gladly burn it.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It'll mostly depend on how challenging it is and whether or not the quest design is better than the standard mmo bullshit. Fuck, I just realized how much I hate "modern" games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom