Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Or seen his computer den…

Citation needed. I need to see how the rich geeks are able to live.
https://www.pcgamer.com/show-us-your-rig-wasteland-2s-chris-avellone/
dDjBsfU.jpg
Americans lead too easy lives. That will lead to degeneracy. It is sad that the Great Avellone has become... this. God put all that talent into a Californian and the man wasted it. Avellone's days of writing are over. Had he been from Finland or Eastern Europe... maybe then he would have become worthy of his talent.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Jokes aside, "frolicsome" in the American sense cannot be anything but sexual. There's no room for interpretation.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Avellone has once again quietly updated his linkedin

Narrative Designer/Writer
Ghost Story Games

Dec 2015 - Aug 2019 3 years 9 months

Westwood, MA

- Narrative Designer/Writer (contract), Judas. Finally announced!

After it's released I'll be interested in learning just how much of his writing was retained. Even without the Cancellation, Levine is notorious for throwing out completed work and Avellone hasn't worked on this in years. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Some guy on twitter is dropping snippets of an interview with Chris that he never got to release for whatever reason. All the answers are more or less things he's said elsewhere though https://twitter.com/4allout/status/1607139539906330625

To sum it up "I don't put my politics in games, people see politics in them anyway, I was tricked into doing the Dying Light 2 E3 presentation but at least I got to meet Todd again, the Obsidian owners are a bunch of clowns who are going to run the company into the ground any day now." Oh yeah and "I like making games and want to do it for the rest of my life. I don't ever plan to retire or give up the shop and pack it in" which turned out to hit quite a snag.

For some reason this fellow also tagged a bunch of random people for thoughts, with some funny results.

Dude, it’s Christmas Day.
I’m Jewish. I thought nothing stopped the NEWS?
Oy.

laclongquan

Arcane
Yeah but... it's so industrial looking and sparse. I guess it could be part of his basement or garage or something. Doesn't seem like a good place to do much other than punch in shipping/receiving data or track the number of bodies in your freezer so you don't run out of room.
Yeah that's a man's apartment all right.

c01.jpg
I must have the gay gene, because I actually decorate and try to make it cozy.
I dont know if I add in more items, but at least a super big poster behind the screen and one smaller beside the window though~ Exactly what is the question, but will change over the year.

Not framed, just plain picture/poster. It will deteriorate after one year and it's time to try something else.

Conan

Arcane
Some guy on twitter is dropping snippets of an interview with Chris that he never got to release for whatever reason. All the answers are more or less things he's said elsewhere though https://twitter.com/4allout/status/1607139539906330625

To sum it up "I don't put my politics in games, people see politics in them anyway, I was tricked into doing the Dying Light 2 E3 presentation but at least I got to meet Todd again, the Obsidian owners are a bunch of clowns who are going to run the company into the ground any day now." Oh yeah and "I like making games and want to do it for the rest of my life. I don't ever plan to retire or give up the shop and pack it in" which turned out to hit quite a snag.

For some reason this fellow also tagged a bunch of random people for thoughts, with some funny results.

Dude, it’s Christmas Day.
I’m Jewish. I thought nothing stopped the NEWS?
Oy.

Sorry Roguey for replying to an old post.

But here's my 2 cents.

The man says he does not put the politics in REAL LIFE into his games. Politicking within the story world and setting is fine.

How enlightened is that? One wishes we could have more of such insight. Firstly, it enables the storyteller to create worlds with their own history and politics divorced from reality, an essential aspect of escapist fantasy.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The man says he does not put the politics in REAL LIFE into his games. Politicking within the story world and setting is fine.

How enlightened is that? One wishes we could have more of such insight. Firstly, it enables the storyteller to create worlds with their own history and politics divorced from reality, an essential aspect of escapist fantasy.

Fictional settings and worlds will not have the same political and social issues that we have. Injecting 2023 issues from a moderately advanced computer age civilization such as ours to, say, a medieval analogy is the height of Author Tract.

"Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from."
— Worst Muse

.Pixote.

Augur
Is the man working again? I'm hoping if he succeeds with his legal actions against the whores he goes after the media companies that helped blackened his reputation...

:evilcodex:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Is the man working again? I'm hoping if he succeeds with his legal actions against the whores he goes after the media companies that helped blackened his reputation...

:evilcodex:
Nope. If it wasn't for his lawsuits continuing I wouldn't even be certain he was alive, he dropped off of social media entirely back in October.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom