Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Help me out Codexians. Who is this girl and what is the story between her and Chris?
Tina Parker. She sexually harassed Chris so severely that he outright refused to attend company events so he wouldn't have to be around her. She got away with it because her proud cuck of a husband is a co-owner.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Help me out Codexians. Who is this girl and what is the story between her and Chris?
Tina Parker. She sexually harassed Chris so severely that he outright refused to attend company events so he wouldn't have to be around her. She got away with it because her proud cuck of a husband is a co-owner.

How do you know this?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Why would someone who isn't already in a relationship object to getting sexually harassed by that cutie?
"Never dip your pen in the company ink". You'd know this if you ever had a fucking job Roguey. Lol.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why would someone who isn't already in a relationship object to getting sexually harassed by that cutie?
"Never dip your pen in the company ink". You'd know this if you ever had a fucking job Roguey. Lol.

While that may be best practices, recent events have made it pretty damn clear that people dip their pen in the company ink all the time, even when the ink itself is unwilling.

Honestly, it’s a good question. By most accounts, Chris Parker sounds like kind of a douchebag (and certainly the worst co-founder named Chris). If Chris Avellone said no when Tina threw herself at him, that’s some serious lawful good behavior. Then again, maybe he slipped up one time and she wouldn’t leave him alone after—that’s a good reason to get the hell out of dodge. Maybe she just bullied him, though; we can’t really be sure if the harassment was sexual. Perhaps she was merely a loathsome person who was horrible to be around.

Given MCA’s willingness to correct the record when it comes to our misapprehensions about his former colleagues, I think we should assume that silence = the most negative possible interpretation.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck

Roguey being Roguey I'll just assume she knows that can't be how it happened :hero:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Avellone: I'm gonna interact on the internet with some people who seem to like my work, what can go wrong?

RPG Codex: Hey Chris, remember this post you made on wanka-panka.com forums in 1998, where you vaguely implied that neighbor of a friend had a dog who knew Feargus's dog, and Feargus dog implied to the other dog who implied to a friend who implied to neighbor that Feargus may or may not suffer from erectile dysfunction? Would you like to elaborate on that?

Avellone:

:backawayslowly:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i give this thread 4 avellones out of 5
rating_mca.gif
rating_mca.gif
rating_mca.gif
rating_mca.gif
/
rating_mca.gif
rating_mca.gif
rating_mca.gif
rating_mca.gif
rating_mca.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah the implication I always got was that she was being a bitch
If that's all it was, seems like a situation that could have been resolved with the Chris Parker/Feargus Urquhart approach i.e. "Fuck you!" "No, fuck you!"

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Obsidian employee(s) feeding Infinitron the Obsidian perspective. Infinitron being not so coy about it.
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/930266212109393921
I used to have the naïve conception HR was there to help. Some in HR do. But the ones that don't can make you lose faith in human nature vs. corporate evil, greed, nepotism, and denial.

is certainly something to keep in mind about anything coming from a current Obsidian employee.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How do you acquire all this information? Have you written a network of bots that tracks all their internet activity?
Forum lurking, internet searching, and a memory that's better than it ought to be when it comes to certain details.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom