Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Chris Avellone and Shanna Germain on Shane Plays Radio Sat 19th talking Numenera

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Those were both fantastic moments in their respective games. :cool:

Azarkon

Arcane
Remember when I said that the things that MCA actually writes about game design aren't really that un-Sawyery? There's another example of that. :M

But still no mention of Sawyer in any of his interviews +Mwhy why why

Zed: Well-endowed women: This was not my decision, I am very much of the "Crazy Jane from Doom Patrol is the epitome of what makes a female/male fantasy NPC intriguing to me.

Poor Zed, tried to bait a classic SJW response.

But the answer he did get is delicious.

Jane Morris is the dominant alternate personality of Kay Challis, who suffers from multiple personality disorder. As a result of exposure to the alien Dominators' "gene bomb", each of her 64 alternate personalities has a different super-power.

Crazy%20Jane%202.JPG

Always knew Chris was into crazies!

m_s0

Arcane
I also believe the reason he left Obsdian was simply due to feeling creatively un-fufilled with all these projects giving him opportunities to work on strange and exciting things it makes sense why he'd want to dedicate more time to that than just working on publisher pitches.
I kinda hope that is the main cause after hearing about the family stuff.
Pursuing a Full-Time Position: Family matters preclude this, unfortunately, and it was hard enough to cope with dealing with this while at Obsidian, which is part of the reason for the departure.
Hopefully it doesn't last much longer :salute:

Neanderthal

Arcane
That's not Chris. Chris is Turn up the Radio in Alpha Protocol and Do You Really Want to Hurt Me in Wasteland 2.

Personally think that O Superman by Laurie Anderson'd fit with Numenera, or maybe something weird by Art of Noise.

Remember first hearing Culture Club singing "Do you really want to hurt me?" on TotP, me father looked out from behind his paper as Boy George sang title refrain and said, "Yes!" Thought that were pretty witty for an old bastard.

sstacks

Arcane
I imagine that if he wanted to expound on the family stuff, he would have. People deserve a personal life.

Fairfax

Arcane
I imagine that if he wanted to expound on the family stuff, he would have. People deserve a personal life.
Aye, this is a bit too far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom