Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Chinatown Detective Agency - cybernoir point-and-click adventure inspired by Carmen Sandiego

Nicebrain

Educated
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Why all this "innovative" stuff in adventure games...
Well, the save game system is a sure way for me to never play it anyway, and I am a backer so I own it.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I assume its not so bad as to have you figure out a Bible quote to find out which place to go or just look up which place to go
I don't know if you are joking but I'm sure there was a game that did that and I can't remember its title. :negative:
I was thinking of The Secret World when I said that. Which has you go out of game to figure out some grand mystery, which also suffered from the problem I'm describing. I just remembered that Riddle of the Sphinx had you figuring out a quote from the Bible, however, there was an in-game one, so they understood the issue.

Viata

Arcane
I assume its not so bad as to have you figure out a Bible quote to find out which place to go or just look up which place to go
I don't know if you are joking but I'm sure there was a game that did that and I can't remember its title. :negative:
I was thinking of The Secret World when I said that. Which has you go out of game to figure out some grand mystery, which also suffered from the problem I'm describing. I just remembered that Riddle of the Sphinx had you figuring out a quote from the Bible, however, there was an in-game one, so they understood the issue.
I see. It was neither of these games. It's The Inheritance by Scott Adams, which has the whole bible implemented in the game so you could just type "rb [bible verse]" to read some verse.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
shit game has shit reviews

a mystery for the ages
They put out the call and reviews are now at 67%.
70%, and the critical "mostly positive" threshold is reached.

Unfortunately, 60 reviews two months after release is a pretty rough spot to be in. They probably should've discounted 50% or 60% (or even 75%) rather than 30% in the Steam sale to try to shock it back to life. Still, $60k from Kickstarter plus whatever they've made on various platforms probably brings this to the six-figure level in revenue. Maybe not exactly what they were shooting for, but nothing to sneeze at for an indie game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom