Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Chances for Arcanum sequel

Would you like to have a sequel for Arcanum?/Is it possible?

• I'd love to and I want to believe!

• I'd love to, but it's impossible.

• Arcanum was shit./No need for sequels/I do not care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Call me a newfag, but I have no idea of what Rich Homie Cloaked is or means.Would someone care to enlighten me, please?

You're already enlightened by not having been on the Codex this morning to see it. Consider yourself lucky.

But if you really want to know, go have a look at Site Feedback.
Ugh. Found it. Not worth the search.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Does inXile own the Bard's Tale IP? Wasn't it an EA trademark?
No, EA owns The Bard's Tale IP (World, Setting, Characters etc...). inXile does however own the Bards Tale trademark currently.
Oh yeah? How does that work with Fargo announcing that BT4 will be set in Skara Brae? Confused.

He was also given permission to use the Bards Tale IP (of which Ea owns) for this new Bards Tale.

Do you still remember that time you put the CDs into your CD-ROM drive, installed Arcanum into your games folder - because only fools install into default -, started it and created a new Arcanum character for the first time, accompanied by wonderful portraits, music and some of the best selectable backgrounds of all time?

I do.
And the game falls apart right after that moment.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
When did it become teh coolz to bitch on Arcanum?

Arcanum is about as incline as it gets.
If you don't care about silly things like pacing, combat, challenge, or balance. The only thing it does well is setting.

Why should I suddenly have to care about those thing now? I could pick the same holes in any list of incline you wish to put in front of me.

Shall we reminisce over BG, PS:T or Gothic?

Last edited:

If you don't care about silly things like pacing, combat, challenge, or balance. The only thing it does well is setting.

Why should I suddenly have to care about those thing now? I could pick the same holes in any list of incline you wish to put in front of me.

Shall we reminisce over BG, PS:T or Gothic?
I mean, other than Gothic the other two are shit as well, and Gothic has pretty decent pacing, challenge, and combat.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Gothic has pretty decent pacing, challenge, and combat.

That killed your arguement stone dead, dude. Pacing is purely subjective, stunlock from a boar isn't challenge and combat is a clicky, swingy mess... but we're not going to discuss Gothic here any more, I'm willing to re-start in that thread, but my opinion wouldn't change.

Idk. Aside from the "challenge" part I would say Gothic had good pacing, setting and great combat. The challenge is kinda iffy, it's intense and then it drops of into nothing with wild spikes here and there.
Fair assessment. Anyway, no matter how you slice it Arcanum doesn't possess ANY of those qualities.

Also, lol at critiquing clicky combat when harm spam will win the game on its own.

Arcanum is the only old isometric game I can't play anymore because the everything about the gameplay is so bad. I'd love to see a sequel since the setting's so great.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Also interesting character system, atmosphere, quest design, writing, choice and consequence (really, this has the best C&C of any RPG ever).

imweasel

I never understood all the love for Arcanum around here. The combat isn't good and becomes the biggest clusterfuck ever towards the end of the game. The setting and lore is kind of meh and really needed to be fleshed out more. The UI is shit too. And some other stuff.

I wouldn't get excited about a sequel, but I'd play it if it were good.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I never understood all the love for Arcanum around here. The combat isn't good and becomes the biggest clusterfuck ever towards the end of the game. The setting and lore is kind of meh and really needed to be fleshed out more. The UI is shit too. And some other stuff.

If combat is all you care about in a RPG you should probably leave here and just go to the Watch or BSN Network.

If combat is all you care about in a RPG you should probably leave here and just go to the Watch or BSN Network.
Actual homosexual.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
If you don't care about silly things like pacing, combat, challenge, or balance.
9767.jpg

Rake

Arcane
If combat is all you care about in a RPG you should probably leave here .
Agree.

just go to the Watch or BSN Network.
:what:
What on earth gave you the idea that BSN or the Watch are the right places for someone who only cares about combat???????????? Half of BSN posters propably would prefer if RPGs removed combat outright.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom