Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chained Echoes - A classic 2D RPG with Swords, Magic and Mechs

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

Take up your sword, channel your magic or board your Mech as you follow a group of heroes on their journey through the war-ridden land of Valandis.

battleEngage.gif

Fast-Paced & Turn Based Battles
… don’t necessarily contradict each other. No random encounters. Battles take place directly where you engaged the enemy. Give your character an order and he executes it immediately. No waiting involved.
ThroneRoom.png

Which Path Will You Walk?
Valandis has been at war for several generations, manipulated by foolish tyrants and fake gods. Can you put history back into the hands of man? Your choices will impact the fate of Valandis and its citizens.

Website_Screenshot_Sky.png

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens
Sometimes your enemies will escape into the sky. What else to do than boarding your Mechs and burn them to ashes using your Laser Beam? You can freely switch between battling by foot or with your Mechs.

WebseitenGif-1.gif

There is a Cave Behind the Waterfall
Of course there is. And much more! The lands of CHAINED ECHOES are diverse and highly intertwined. You can explore by foot, with the high speed of your mech or by calling your very own airship.

town.png

Back to the Roots!
You’ll find everything a RPG lover’s heart needs. A complex equipment and skill system, stats, loot, sidequests, big towns, dangerous dungeons and since this is a classic JRPG styled game a whole lot of minigames

ABOUT THIS GAME
Chained Echoes is a 16-bit SNES style RPG set in a fantasy world where dragons are as common as piloted mechanical suits. Follow a group of heroes as they explore a land filled to the brim with charming characters, fantastic landscapes and vicious foes. Can you bring peace to a continent where war has been waged for generations and betrayal lurks around every corner?

Chained Echoes is a story-driven game where a group of heroes travel around the vast continent of Valandis to bring an end to the war between its three kingdoms. In the course of their journey, they will travel through a wide array of diverse landscapes spanning from wind-tanned plateaus and exotic archipelagos to sunken cities and forgotten dungeons.

Key Features:

• 20-25 hours of play time
  • Fast paced turn-based battles
  • No random encounters; enemies can be seen running around
  • Tons of items to be looted, stolen or crafted
  • Complex skill and equipment system
  • Customize your own airship
  • Travel and fight by foot or in your Mech
  • 16-bit SNES style graphics
  • Music inspired by PSX RPGs

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Western tranny shit, shit like this will never be JRPG, as much as they copt paste the style, they lack the yamato soul. They probably didn't show Ahmed as a party member to not shoo away potential customers.
>G*rman developer.
It will have scat too.

Western tranny shit, shit like this will never be JRPG, as much as they copt paste the style, they lack the yamato soul. They probably didn't show Ahmed as a party member to not shoo away potential customers.
>G*rman developer.
It will have scat too.
You say that, but Germans made CrossCode and it turned out extremely well.

Jinn

Arcane
Looks pretty sweet. Gonna have to try the demo before they take it down mid-september.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
probably going to buy this next week.

what are the difficulty options?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have clocked 25 hours in this. Very fun, very good. The story is enjoyable with unique fantasy setting, the cast reminded me of FFVI, and the gameplay is just super fun.

Don't mind the whole heal after battle thing, because the combat is designed around this mechanics. The first half of the game is very linear and the enemies are really curated, even the most filler encounters feels really well thought and directed. The game want you to use all skills in battle and not worrying about annoying HP/TP restore after battle. there is also challenges you can do in battles like killing certain enemies without using certain skills or characters, so it add more thought you need to put into the combat. The combat is designed around synergies and switching characters mid-combat. For example one char has a paralyzing attack, and the other has skill that does triple damage towards paralyzed enemies and so on.

The progression is also great. You dont level up and dont get xp, but you earn skill point everytime you kill a boss to unlock passive and active skills and stat boost. It is surprisingly intuitive albeit a bit linear. You only have 8 active skill slots and you get around 16 active skills, so the choices of the active passive and active skills is what determine your build. It's just each character are so defined in their role It's obvious what you should focus on.

The game is very linear and open up in the second half in a very good way. I got into an area that's waay over my level, but i powered trough and got equipment that's 2 tiers above my current one.

What surprised me the most is the mech combat is surprisingly well thought and doesn't feel like tacked on.

I adore this game. Moreso, one dude made this and the streamlining process is so smooth. It's streamlined sure, but not unchallenging and brain dead. It's cutting off the excess at the right place, at the right amount. I played, and enjoyed many solo dev jrpg projects but the good ones are those who are aware of it's own scope and did few things, but did those few aspects really well. This dude basically did alot of unconventional things and did them really well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I have clocked 25 hours in this. Very fun, very good. The story is enjoyable with unique fantasy setting, the cast reminded me of FFVI, and the gameplay is just super fun.

Don't mind the whole heal after battle thing, because the combat is designed around this mechanics. The first half of the game is very linear and the enemies are really curated, even the most filler encounters feels really well thought and directed. The game want you to use all skills in battle and not worrying about annoying HP/TP restore after battle. there is also challenges you can do in battles like killing certain enemies without using certain skills or characters, so it add more thought you need to put into the combat. The combat is designed around synergies and switching characters mid-combat. For example one char has a paralyzing attack, and the other has skill that does triple damage towards paralyzed enemies and so on.

The progression is also great. You dont level up and dont get xp, but you earn skill point everytime you kill a boss to unlock passive and active skills and stat boost. It is surprisingly intuitive albeit a bit linear. You only have 8 active skill slots and you get around 16 active skills, so the choices of the active passive and active skills is what determine your build. It's just each character are so defined in their role It's obvious what you should focus on.

The game is very linear and open up in the second half in a very good way. I got into an area that's waay over my level, but i powered trough and got equipment that's 2 tiers above my current one.

What surprised me the most is the mech combat is surprisingly well thought and doesn't feel like tacked on.

I adore this game. Moreso, one dude made this and the streamlining process is so smooth. It's streamlined sure, but not unchallenging and brain dead. It's cutting off the excess at the right place, at the right amount. I played, and enjoyed many solo dev jrpg projects but the good ones are those who are aware of it's own scope and did few things, but did those few aspects really well. This dude basically did alot of unconventional things and did them really well.

So... what's the catch?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
first boss with hardest settings and I had to use consumables so difficulty might be fine at least
graphs looks great
overdrive system might get annoying hard to say yet

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, just play on the hard setting. There are tons of optional "bosses" too. (They called it unique monster)

There is also a fun veggietastic secret boss in the basil village :) i lol'd when i met it, the game was being cheeky i love it.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
hard is kinda bullshit at least early since rng is too heavy with highlighted skills that reduce overdrive. veggie boss took 5 tries until I got rng I needed, how fun. spamming items is not too helpful either since 1 aoe attack can take 70% of party hp while boss is in overdrive mode.

Struggling to kill even few common enemies but I might be in the wrong area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom