Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview CD Projekt's in-house interview with co-founder Michał Kiciński

denizsi

Arcane
To everyone else: sorry about the derailment.

No one says that everyone has to agree with a review on the Codex just because they're registered here.

Then what the fuck is with your teen dreams of a "YES/NO" stamp? Who the fuck is anyone to give any game a big fucking yes, when somebody else in the same forum says "Fuck you, it sucks"? Interesting thing is, you are aware of this fact, but you fail to comprehend what it means. I trust that this kind of lack of comprehension is why you get tagged in the first place.

People disagree with VD's MotB review saying it's too positive, yet still the quote says "RPG Codex" not VD. Your interpretation of the hivemind is juvenile at best.

Who the fuck else wrote a review for the game and not get called "RPG Codex Review"?

denizsi

Arcane
Q: When you're looking at all the reviews, you can find some with a score lower than 80% - no longer that positive. Did you read them? What do you think of them?

A: Who am I to judge journalists? However, I should dare to comment on it, even if that means endangering good relations with some representatives of the fourth branch of government.

Well, there may be many reasons for the low scores. Surely there are reviewers who didn't work thoroughly and wrote the reviews after playing the game only for a short time. I'd say that usually lack of professionalism can be held liable for that and fortunately the readers can see through this - which is shown by the many comments criticizing those reviews. For us game developers such incidents are particularly sad. Making games is unbelievably complicated and takes many years full of hard work. The final result is required to be very professional. In consequence, we think that reviewers should be required to be professional and dedicated as well, considering that they have a slightly easier job to do.

This should be etched on a plate. When there is honest effort and love and passion, it makes an immediately notable difference in words spoken. In contrast, take a look at Hellgate: London and what's-his-name lead developer's recent comments regarding public dissent with the game.

vrok

Liturgist
denizsi said:
Then what the fuck is with your teen dreams of a "YES/NO" stamp? Who the fuck is anyone to give any game a big fucking yes, when somebody else in the same forum says "Fuck you, it sucks"?
Honestly? The controversy would be enough for a yes around these parts. If you strongly disagree you can write a second review about the game instead of posting "fuck you", or is that too fucking complicated for you to grasp?

denizsi said:
Whe the fuck else wrote a review for the game and not get called "RPG Codex"?
And in English this means what?

Why the fuck are you this sensitive about the issue anyway? It was a gimmick suggestion, nothing more, nothing less. Calm the fuck down nerd.

Monolith

Prophet
MasPingon said:
Monolith said:
MasPingon said:
Ups, I think they didn't translate it for a reason. If some stupidos from gamesdaily/eurogamer/1up read it they won't spend even hour playing CDP's next game(as they done playing Witcher)
That's why we have to keep it a secret.

Thank god you realize the gravity of the situation
Well, now, to be honest, I didn't think of it that way when posting the news. All I was thinking of was getting that paragraph translated. Does anybody seriously think I should get it off the newspost?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Making games is unbelievably complicated and takes many years full of hard work. The final result is required to be very professional. In consequence, we think that reviewers should be required to be professional and dedicated as well, considering that they have a slightly easier job to do.
Oh, Snap.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
WOW! The arrogance of that interview. He basically says, if you rate his game low you are dumb and unprofessional; but if you rate it high you are cool, smart, and professional. L0L

I don't really have a comment on The Witcher itself since I've only played it for like 10 minutes thus far. Too busy trudging through MOTB.

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
WOW! The arrogance of that interview. He basically says, if you rate his game low you are dumb and unprofessional; but if you rate it high you are cool, smart, and professional. L0L

I don't really have a comment on The Witcher itself since I've only played it for like 10 minutes thus far. Too busy trudging through MOTB.

Id be pissed off also if my game would be reviewed by ignorant fucks. TW is praised on every forum and RPG sites love it, compared to Halo/Anime retard reviewers who complain that you cant costumize your nose length.

Longshanks

Augur
Volourn said:
I agree with Volourn, to a degree.
I like what he said, but that's because I'm positively disposed toward the game, and negatively disposed toward most game reviewers. If negative opinions about Fallout 3 or Oblivion were fobbed off in such a way, I don't think I'd be as positive.

Though to be fair, he did not say all negative reviews were due to lack of professionalism, just some, declining to comment on whether there were any professionally written reviews with negative opinions:
Well, there may be many reasons for the low scores. Surely there are reviewers who didn't work thoroughly ...

There's no reason to tear him apart for the comment, as it's not in his interests to defend negative opinions about the game. Could have gone with the more bland, "well, many people like it, some don't", at least comes across as genuinely disappointed with some ill-informed reviews (there definitely were these). In any case, I welcome most any comment on lack of professionalism in games journalism.

I did unequivocally enjoy this though (even if I had to shut down my cynicism to take it at face value):

The Witcher is our debut. I promise that we won’t rest on our laurels. I believe that The Witcher is just the beginning of CD Projekt making the highest quality games — games with soul and made with passion, games which are not only the result of market analysis and large marketing budgets. :)

dragonfk

Erudite
Volourn said:

There is a difference when a reviewer finishes the game and then writes a review and a revier who finishes first Act and reviews the game. And it seemes that on few sites around the net that there are reviews which are based only on Act I.

Volourn said:
I don't really have a comment on The Witcher itself since I've only played it for like 10 minutes thus far.
Why not? You've already played it for twice as long as many of the professional reviewers.

dagorkan

Arbiter
vrok said:
No one says that everyone has to agree with a review on the Codex just because they're registered here. People disagree with VD's MotB review saying it's too positive, yet still the quote says "RPG Codex" not VD. Think about that. Your interpretation of the hivemind is juvenile at best.
As he said, the hivemind doesn't exist. There is nothing to 'comprehend' about it. Why do you keep referring to something that doesn't exist? You are a delusional dumbfuck.

Do you really feel you accomplished something worthwile by derailing this newspost?
It's not a news post, fucktard. There isn't any news in this. It's just masturbatory crap.

vrok

Liturgist
You forgot to add: R00fles!

Edit: Looking at Volourn's post in this thread that's an insult to R00fles! I take that back.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Volourn said:

Cheapo Pollack PR strategy. Interview yourselves and get your fanboys on the Codex to hype it as a 'news' post.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
dagorkan said:
Volourn said:

Cheapo Pollack PR strategy. Interview yourselves and get your fanboys on the Codex to hype it as a 'news' post.

Sheek, GTFO wit yo' hatin'.

Seriously - did you play the game yet? Do it now and join our orgiastic hyping!

Nightjed

Liturgist
after playing several hours (im in act3) i can say i pretty much love everything as a game from the witcher. the fights, the story, the potions, the quests. but the game has some goddamn interface issues that are just infuriating and really need to be patched:

-the loading times are breaking my balls. i defragged until NO witcher file has any fragments yet i could swear 20% of my game time is spent watching loading screens, i dread every time i have to enter a house, for the love of sanity they have to do something, i noticed the game isnt using my full 2gbs of ram, use them dammnit.

-unresponsive controls, i think this an aurora issue but its anoying that you have to click 10 times for Geralt to execute a dodge move and sometimes he just gets locked up there and wont hit until you move him again

-the inventory, it would have been ok without the ingredients but with them everything goes to hell, the stash seems to want to screw with me, it doesnt matter in what order i put things in, they get completely scrambled randombly (even items of the same type), its like if it were ordering them by some unknown "item number"
also, if i have to pay 5 gold to sleep in a tavern at least allow me access to my stash for potion making so i can avoid switching ingredients all the freaking time, btw, auto potion making could use a "use rubedo/albedo/nigredo only" option

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom