Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

T-Bug was originally meant to survive the heist and side with Dex when he betrays V. I think that they rewrote it because things were getting too convoluted already and it would be simpler to have her be killed by security.

Also the video turns into ASMR near the end for some reason. :M

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Cyberpunk will never be the game it could have been - the flaws are too deep in the fabric of the game for this - but the existing game has been much improved and is still the best western AAA title of the last 5 years.
Well said and I agree with all of your points. The apartments were truly pointless, think I visited my own only two times in the whole run. There's just no need to sleep at all in the game. The police system is awful, they get triggered even when you kill someone without witnesses in the middle of nowhere and they stop going after you really quickly. Easy to shake them off too.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
  • Making clothes irrelevant for stats was also a good move. This way I could pick an outfit I like and sell the rest

> Wants to play dress up in a game where you can't even see your own character and there's zero game mechanics or world reaction to what you wear.

Lol k.
Yeah, not like I can see it in my fucking inventory or something

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Yeah, not like I can see it in my fucking inventory or something

Woooh.. That yellow shirt looks pretty in my inventory!!

ywfiaNr.jpg

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49789/cyberpunk-2077-ultimate-edition-game-booklet-out-now

Chooms! To celebrate the recent release of Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition, we present this preem Ultimate Edition Game Booklet — ready for you to dig into right now!

Inside, you’ll find a ton of detes about Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty, including insight from developers, our Community and Localization teams, and more. Wanna learn how to build a V who’s an unstoppable tank? We’ve got you covered. Looking for some cool things to do in Night City? Look no further. Ever wondered how we localize corny jokes into different languages? Here’s your answer!

Whether you’re a veteran of the dark future or you’re finally ready to jump into the world of cyber-enhanced mercenaries for the first time, we’ve packed this booklet with handy info about the game, all in the name of celebrating our journey with Cyberpunk 2077. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

Some funny stuff in there.

JAPANESE – Our team was faced with some particularly interesting challenges when localizing Cyberpunk 2077. Take the base game side job “Big in Japan,” which features the quirky, heavily accented character Haruyoshi, who was based on a Japanese character from the TV show The Office. Unfortunately, the show isn’t as well known in Japan and all the other characters in the game spoke Japanese to begin with – we couldn’t just give him a Japanese accent. We had to find a different way. We decided to pepper his speech with simple, often broken English words to give Japanese-language players a similar experience as their English-language counterparts when interacting with him. We took a similar approach with Takemura; instead of giving him a Japanese accent, we wrote his lines in a more traditional Japanese style. This allowed him to stand out from most other characters in the game, who tended to use colloquial, “modern day” or 2077-style Japanese.

user

Savant
Thought I'd give this a spin until Owlcat patches Rogue Trader, and got some questions. I wanted a realistic experience so I added the hardcore22 mod for combat and economy rebalance for a more lore-friendly and realistic economy. Also survival system.
Finished the very first mission to get the bot, and I ended up with like 300 ammo for each kind of weapon, 40k (pocketed the Millitec money) and a shitton of healing items.

Isn't that a lot for the very first mission? Is this normal in vanilla? Will money even matter if I got so much stuff in my first mission? Anyone knows any mods that fix this?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The AMD FSR 3 bridge I mentioned earlier is pretty amazing. My i5-7600 with a 3070 in 4K is running in DLSS "quality" mode with max non-raytracing settings at some 70-100 FPS. For gaming in 1440p you could probably afford to run with partial raytracing settings.

goregasm

Scholar
Thought I'd give this a spin until Owlcat patches Rogue Trader, and got some questions. I wanted a realistic experience so I added the hardcore22 mod for combat and economy rebalance for a more lore-friendly and realistic economy. Also survival system.
Finished the very first mission to get the bot, and I ended up with like 300 ammo for each kind of weapon, 40k (pocketed the Millitec money) and a shitton of healing items.

Isn't that a lot for the very first mission? Is this normal in vanilla? Will money even matter if I got so much stuff in my first mission? Anyone knows any mods that fix this?
I haven't played since it was still in the -1.whatever- stages of "development"

That said I used almost all of the mods from the scissors guy on Nexus and rmk to increase "realism" and difficulty. Think I added something called "less loot" and a realistic reloading mod.

Was decent enough for a bit until I couldn't shake the whole idea of the game just being window dressing for shooty bits, which aren't bad, but well the issues with the game are long documented by now.

frajaq

Erudite
Any mods to reduce experience/street cred gain? I feel like it's given too easily by the game

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49789/cyberpunk-2077-ultimate-edition-game-booklet-out-now

Chooms! To celebrate the recent release of Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition, we present this preem Ultimate Edition Game Booklet — ready for you to dig into right now!

Inside, you’ll find a ton of detes about Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty, including insight from developers, our Community and Localization teams, and more. Wanna learn how to build a V who’s an unstoppable tank? We’ve got you covered. Looking for some cool things to do in Night City? Look no further. Ever wondered how we localize corny jokes into different languages? Here’s your answer!

Whether you’re a veteran of the dark future or you’re finally ready to jump into the world of cyber-enhanced mercenaries for the first time, we’ve packed this booklet with handy info about the game, all in the name of celebrating our journey with Cyberpunk 2077. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

Some funny stuff in there.

JAPANESE – Our team was faced with some particularly interesting challenges when localizing Cyberpunk 2077. Take the base game side job “Big in Japan,” which features the quirky, heavily accented character Haruyoshi, who was based on a Japanese character from the TV show The Office. Unfortunately, the show isn’t as well known in Japan and all the other characters in the game spoke Japanese to begin with – we couldn’t just give him a Japanese accent. We had to find a different way. We decided to pepper his speech with simple, often broken English words to give Japanese-language players a similar experience as their English-language counterparts when interacting with him. We took a similar approach with Takemura; instead of giving him a Japanese accent, we wrote his lines in a more traditional Japanese style. This allowed him to stand out from most other characters in the game, who tended to use colloquial, “modern day” or 2077-style Japanese.
For added immersion I'm using the mod which swaps Takemura's English audio with the Japanese localization when I'm playing the game in English. Good to know I'm getting the extra-authentic version.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cyberpunk will never be the game it could have been - the flaws are too deep in the fabric of the game for this - but the existing game has been much improved and is still the best western AAA title of the last 5 years.

Good breakdown.

It was made the wrong way from the beginning to be a good adaptation of the existing source, but it can be played for some mild amusement along the lines of GTA shallowness, New Vegas and the better portions on post-Morrowind Bethesda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom