Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
As always, if you see an orange dot, save before "looking", because the number of slots is RNG, so it's worth trying a few times till you get full slottage.

Yeah bro, gotta make that non existant challenge even less challenging by cheesing the game! Cos the JooTubers I watch told me to!

Danikas

Arcane
Peralez and Garry the prophet are wearing the same ring.

photomode_02012021_14bbjoj.png

photomode_02012021_2355j2y.png

Perkel

Arcane
Speaking of AI. I found chick which had Kereznikov but unlike other mobs she run away from me and never let me get close to her. She packed SMG that kind of fucked me quicklu so i had to do some cover mumbo jumbo. Every time i did that she just noped the fuck out of there and went toward further cover.

In same place i found dude with Tech sniper rifle who was covering her from afar and he did not allow me to safely get in cover as he would shoot through my cover.

Aside from that i also noticed that penetration is on all weapons, but on tech weapons it is a lot higher. I was firing SMG and dude got cover via some plastic shit. It did not do full damage but it went through

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anything that comes from social media is complete garbage, youtube gaming is infected with youtuber "reviewers" with their 01 hour essays that say fucking nothing or have average opinions that any regular retard can spew, grown men pretending they are 12 years old, drama harvesting "news" channels , thots wanting their simp corral. Nothing of good comes from there. Unfortunately, the very few people with useful content there, namely, the educational channels, as expected, have zero views.
I've been ranting about the same thing recently.

It's just one more example of the tendency that technology and services that common wisdom (and marketing) says are improving our lives are actually wasting our time and adding stress. It used to be the internet was inhabited by mostly mature and sane people. It used to be that useful content was uploaded and was getting recommended on youtube. Once it all became a business, all these shit eaters settled in, and now those mature and sane people get recommendations based on the mass viewership of immature and insane people. It became just like TV - you are showered with content, and you have to pay (in one way or another) for the shit to be filtered so you can get to meaningful stuff. Real life cyberpunk is already here in some respects.

People need to put them in spoilers. I'm assuming that stops it from autoplaying.
No, you're assuming wrong. If the codex was coded a bit more intelligently, maybe. As it is everything loads before the script that applies the hiding of spoilered things is initialized. If someone spoilers a big sized image you can even see it loading before the spoiler hides it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Level scaling in this game is implemented in the worst possible way

As the official guide also implies, different areas have different min-max stat for goons and loot. If you go too early to ceratain areas (i.e. corpo plaza) you'll get slaughtered. At the same time, if you delay certain quests in low level areas, they'll become extra easy, so this kind of defeats the purpose of level scaling which is to offer a challenge that if matched to the player capabilities. There's also another aspect. If you're able, early in the game, to defeat a goon in a high difficulty area (like the already mentioned corpo plaza) the dropped weapons will have a minimum level far above yours and won't be usable. This, of course, because the whole character progression is shit relying mostly on insane increase of the weapons stats.
Exactly, and I would like to add is: why a regular ganger on Santo Domingo is of higher level than a ganger on Watson? It was the same retardation on Witcher 3 with the water zombies, they are push overs then you turn a corner and they become one hit kill murder machines. Is it too hard to have threat levels not based on popamole general area level but based on enemy type? It doesnt make any sense to have downtown and Heywood blocked because the gangers in there are murder machines. I guess they made areas with a determined level so you can level scale guns to get that Swen's item fever nonsense, only that explain it.

I dont think the concept that what defines if a guy is though should be his firepower and armor and not much his level is that hard for a normie to grasp. I mean, even if you are a disfunctional retarded human being, if you see a Robocop guy with a cyber bazooka, it is way more intuitive for you to know that you are going to have your ass kicked than some retardred area level.Man, they copy pasted the worst popamole common denominator possible.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I hope they expand custmization. I would love legs like on that chick on right.

photomode_02012021_223041.png

that attention to detail. Females version of zipper XD

photomode_02012021_222732.png

Also doll conversion:

photomode_02012021_224241.png

my dude

photomode_02012021_223918.png

Semiurge

Cipher
If the shoe fits THOT... (w/ her clever santa hat, tats, and bright red lipstick, she surely is just a hardcore gamer not selling her ass on her channel right?)

Adam Smasher is my personal hero for giving THOTs immediate feedback on what they are based on how they present themselves. Evelyn was literally there as a paid whore. Smasher should have 'smashed' on the way out. #MakeMisogynyGreatAgain

At some point I was looking for Dark Souls videos on utube, more specifically blind runs, because I wanted to see noobs doing the same retarded shit like I did.

Her videos were recommended and she had 400K+ subscribers. She is not ugly (despite the sociopath stare) and I was curious what's the fuss about.

I've noticed that her blind run was fake (perfect build, fake surprises and so on) and she was also complaining about some off-utube drama with her boyfriend.

Later she moved to twitch and she also provided some private information about her boyfriend. The reason is clear in hind-sight: single TOTHs are more successful with simps :)

To get back to your question: her videos are some of the first videos which made me realize that streamers's outrage and surprises are often scripted. There are very few authentic streamers which are successful.

That's why I know about her despite the fact that I didn't watch her for long. Like I've posted before, I watch twitch on background at work but I never subscribed and I will never pay for a subscription.

To be completely honest, I almost did it for Sinatar but then I'm a cheap motherfucker and he will survive without one subscription.

Don't hate the players, hate the game. You'd put on some kneepads too if it meant easy money.

God fucking damn it stop posting Reddit embeds here. Almost blew my eardrums out.

Use a script blocker nigger, I've never had autoplay issues in the thread.

Script blockers, why not, but the only way to be sure is both them and a plugin that mutes all tabs by default. In case you need a script enabled but don't wish tabs to play sound.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Wasn't there supposed to be some option to overwrite the chip with an engram of yourself? Or was that just BS?
In both the Arasaka and Alt endings, there are explanations that engage in hand-waving as to how supposedly V's body has been so damaged and altered as a consequence of the Johnny Silverhand engram/virus, combined with consumption of drugs, that V's death is inevitable, except that V's body will somehow survive if Johnny Silverhand is allowed to complete the process of transforming V's brain into one matching his engram. Just a bit of nonsense from CDPR to justify including an ending they wanted (Johnny Silverhand is resurrected in V's body) but excluding an ending they didn't want as an option (V survives in V's own body rather than being doomed to die in a few months).

Perkel

Arcane
In both the Arasaka and Alt endings, there are explanations that engage in hand-waving as to how supposedly V's body has been so damaged and altered as a consequence of the Johnny Silverhand engram/virus, combined with consumption of drugs, that V's death is inevitable, except that V's body will somehow survive if Johnny Silverhand is allowed to complete the process of transforming V's brain into one matching his engram. Just a bit of nonsense from CDPR to justify including an ending they wanted (Johnny Silverhand is resurrected in V's body) but excluding an ending they didn't want as an option (V survives in V's own body rather than being doomed to die in a few months).

The whole point of chip was to release nanomaschines and "convert" subject brain to engram version of it. Moreover depending on how you play you die about 2-3 times in story each time being effectively revived by chip.

I don't see how it is "hand waved" where whole thing is about it from start.

Turjan

Arcane
Crit chance and crit damage is way, way too overturned. Hacking is straight up broken. Resistances and everything else are essentially useless.
Level scaling in this game is implemented in the worst possible way

As the official guide also implies, different areas have different min-max stat for goons and loot. If you go too early to ceratain areas (i.e. corpo plaza) you'll get slaughtered. At the same time, if you delay certain quests in low level areas, they'll become extra easy, so this kind of defeats the purpose of level scaling which is to offer a challenge that if matched to the player capabilities. There's also another aspect. If you're able, early in the game, to defeat a goon in a high difficulty area (like the already mentioned corpo plaza) the dropped weapons will have a minimum level far above yours and won't be usable. This, of course, because the whole character progression is shit relying mostly on insane increase of the weapons stats.
Exactly, and I would like to add is: why a regular ganger on Santo Domingo is of higher level than a ganger on Watson? It was the same retardation on Witcher 3 with the water zombies, they are push overs then you turn a corner and they become one hit kill murder machines. Is it too hard to have threat levels not based on popamole general area level but based on enemy type? It doesnt make any sense to have downtown and Heywood blocked because the gangers in there are murder machines. I guess they made areas with a determined level so you can level scale guns to get that Swen's item fever nonsense, only that explain it.

I dont think the concept that what defines if a guy is though should be his firepower and armor and not much his level is that hard for a normie to grasp. I mean, even if you are a disfunctional retarded human being, if you see a Robocop guy with a cyber bazooka, it is way more intuitive for you to know that you are going to have your ass kicked than some retardred area level.Man, they copy pasted the worst popamole common denominator possible.
My V is level 39 at the moment, and I have the feeling that the level of those gangsters in Downtown got upped again. Armor is mostly meaningless, and I had to build my own sniper rifle to be able to try and one-shoot anything. Which you can do once or twice in a fight, before it gets ugly (handguns may work better, but my level in those is too low).

I also have the feeling that some perks are bugged in other ways than simply not working. I wish I would remember which perk made my rifles worse.

alyvain

Learned
Are tarot cards somewhat prominent in the tabletop Cyberpunk, or is it just CDPR? Just remembered that they were used by the girls in the cyberpunky movie Soylent Green, along with the toxic oceans, the importance of artificial food for the settings and all that, been wondering whether this possible allusion could be attributed to Pondsmith.

Turjan

Arcane

The whole point of chip was to release nanomaschines and "convert" subject brain to engram version of it. Moreover depending on how you play you die about 2-3 times in story each time being effectively revived by chip.

I don't see how it is "hand waved" where whole thing is about it from start.
That point is easy to forget. V's story was effectively over at the end of Act 1, because he already died. He got re-acitvated for one specific purpose.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
That point is easy to forget. V's story was effectively over at the end of Act 1, because he already died. He got re-acitvated for one specific purpose.

Which is why there should be more to the prologue and Act 1. Longer lifepaths, more missions with Jackie and T-Bug

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I'm 5 minutes in and he hasn't said a word about bad software engineering. Shit video.

Yep. It is just a ten minute rant about how bad and evil the management is and how great the developers are at their craft. There is no value to this video whatsoever.

Anybody who posts it here is just getting duped by a clickbaiting grandpa and wasting our time.

NO WAY MAN!11! We definitely need some fucking tard to come in and post a link to it again, that way we can see it linked on at least every other page of this topic. It is that good. Make sure to also include a video of the game glitching out because those are SO funny and that way I don't have to go to Reddit for my 70 IQ funny vid fix. Let's just turn this into a video linking thread for funny reddit videos actually!

don't worry fan, i got you
:troll:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Anything that comes from social media is complete garbage, youtube gaming is infected with youtuber "reviewers" with their 01 hour essays that say fucking nothing or have average opinions that any regular retard can spew, grown men pretending they are 12 years old, drama harvesting "news" channels , thots wanting their simp corral. Nothing of good comes from there. Unfortunately, the very few people with useful content there, namely, the educational channels, as expected, have zero views.

There are some good Youtube "shows" out there that are either very creative or do real documentary style analysis, but they are VERY few and far between.

TNO

Augur
A few of things to add from what I said before 50(!) pages ago:

I've seen a couple of nice bits of reactivity. A good example is if you do a gig which involves you killing a pimp, you can intimidate another pimp in the story to give you info by claiming responsibility for the demise of the other one. I guess the other neat bits and pieces highlighted before suggest very uneven/rushed development: care lavished in earlier-developed content, later stuff much more bare-bones and rushed.

Giving weapon mods or cyberware that converts your weapons to non-lethal is pretty cheap design. Although 'pacifism' has basically zero in-game effects, people might want to roleplay as characters reluctant to kill - at least in certain circumstances or certain people (e.g. I might be happy to kill an evil pimp and his lackies, but not the guards of something I'm stealing for creds - until they start shooting at me). When I did this in DX this gave a nice thematic handicap, as the less-lethal weapons were typically inferior to the more lethal ones. In this game, you can convert (e.g.) your mega damage tech sniper rifle which can blow through multiple walls to evaporate someone's head into a non-lethal weapon with trivial effort and downside. (The best quickhacks - contagion, short circuit - are also non-lethal, but that is one the least bad issues with hacking).

Per others, the game balance is generally broken to hell when you get north of level 20 almost no matter what. I can still murder everything ~my level (i.e. not 'red' enemies) even when using unoptimized kit my character is not specced in (on max difficulty). Per others, the large amount of open world content makes it hard to thread your way through the game without ending up over-levelled for the great majority of it (although even if you 'just' do the story missions you're still OP as hell). The level cap feels too high (you can max out 3 of the 5 stats at the level cap), so scaling down both level and XP rewards would help.

Worth emphasising how utterly broken quickhacking is. If you spec your character to be a netrunner, even at the start of the game (on max difficulty) all level-equivalent threats are ~2H-KO with a damage hack like short circuit, and the AI on alert is sufficiently terrible that you can 'peek out of cover - trigger hack - hide and wait for your RAM/cooldown - pop out again to kill' one enemy at a time with ~zero risk. At mid level and up it becomes the closest thing to an 'I win button' in any game I've played: ping not only gives you a wallhack for all enemies, but legendary ping (which you can get at level 15 if you beeline) lets you hack (not just see) them through walls. Combined with your bog standard hacks (never mind the 'ultimate' ones like suicide or cyberpsychosis) are 1HKO now, you can clear entire maps of enemies without even getting out of your car. Even if 'combat' is bizarrely triggered (which gives enemies perfect info on where you are), the AI is hopeless at navigating to you across the map, remaining basically in place whilst you hold tab to murderspell them one by one. It also trivialises the more interesting things you can do re. hacking environmental objects etc.

Also worth adding these problems with gameplay also undermine bits of the story: V says they don't want to mess with one character because they think they could take them out (despite them murdering everything that stands in their way so far with ease); one story beat wants to hype up an instance of remote hacking as being remarkable, despite netrunner characters pulling off more impressive hacks every combat encounter; all the netrunners having to jack in looks odd when the protagonist can do much more wirelessly; why only V has access god-tier hacking, or if others can why other characters/factions aren't killing all their enemies with hacks/not using implants or tech to protect themselves, etc.; some 'infiltration' story missions can be done guns blazing, yet (AFAICT) the bad guys are happy to trust (e.g.) the mcguffin you've hacked although everyone in the base that housed it got murdered. And so on.

I'm still pessimistic on a rebalance mod making the game an interesting challenge, just because the core(/unmoddable?) mechanics are so limited. There isn't much to quickhacks *besides* murderspells and debuffs. The stealth AI is so bad, detuning the damage (and the literal wall-hack) would only add tedium: if enemies are n-hit KOs, you can still repeat the boring 'hop out into LOS to hit the hack then hide again' n times with minimal danger (having all the enemies 'alerted' matters little, even if sometimes an alerted enemy seems to know where you are and start walking straight to you - although some encounters counter-cheese this by having a 'reveal position' hack trigger despite no enemy netrunner). The game isn't designed around better 'mechanistic' balance options (e.g. you have to find a computer/somewhere to jack in to the enemy network to quickhack people, and some are completely 'off the grid'), so the netrunner game is either 'stealth to the nearest laptop to initiate your murder spree', or netrunners end up royally screwed in scenarios where the mechanistic gate is not open to them (e.g. something similar to DX:HR's old 'boss battles'). Maybe you could make hacking 'debuff only', but even the debuffs are pretty powerful (reboot optics further trivializes stealth, cyberware malfunction seems to ~paralyse enemies for several seconds, etc.) In any case, hacks being 'point and click' limit how interesting the gameplay can be.

(Stealth is also too easy because the alert timers are far too generous: an enemy which spots me around a corner 4m away can still take a second or so to move into combat mode, but this has some hope of being moddable. The AI crutches of how 'combat' and 'alerted' enemies seem to know where you are looks harder to fix.)

I think there's also a problem where the AI is too underdeveloped to use all the toys in the game, making them essentially 'player character only'. Besides enemy netrunners hitting you with very mediocre hacks (only overheat and reveal position as I remember), I think there was only a few times where an enemy shot at me with a smart weapon, and I don't recall an enemy with a tech weapon blasting me through my cover. If they could it would be extremely annoying to play (e.g. "enemy tech sniper tracks and starts blasting you from the other side of a building, and there's nowhere you can go where they can't shoot you", "enemy netrunner uploads 'suicide': you die in 10 seconds"). I wonder whether a good rule of game design is "if the game would be stupid if the AI used the same abilities of the player, the game mechanics need work".

Maybe a 'realism mod' which flattens the hp/dmg/item bloat could help a bit (e.g. headshot with the starter pistol on an unmodded character is lethal) - the core gameplay is still borked, but as the player almost always ends up with 1HK mega weapons, giving the same to the AI might even the scales a bit).

A few folks here (and more on reddit and elsewhere) say they find the game is giving them a real challenge. I guess it might be attributable to a mass-market game attracting less experienced gamers: encounters (esp 'boss battles') would be a lot harder for those who won't naturally pick complementary perks (several reviews said they found the array of options bewildering), and who don't have years and years of FPS. I think this is a genuinely hard problem for single-player games (I can't think of many games which aren't 'easy' after a couple of playthroughs which are neither horrendous for newcomers or enhance difficulty by jacking up stats to encourage players to look for weird exploits/corner cases to abuse). But CDPR has failed horribly here, as there are so many broken features, many of which are 'baked in' to the core mechanics (e.g. hacking, health potion spam, tech weapons, crit damage generally, armour stacking, stealth AI, compounding %age buffs) that players at least as canny as 'I want to build character archetype X, so I'll pick stats/perks/items to complement this theme' accordingly will likely stumble on an effective 'I win' button.

Despite all this, limited and easy gameplay could still be tolerable for a 'storyfag': KOTOR 2 is one of my favourite games, despite basically everything in it being ludicrously over-tuned (e.g. lightsaber crystals and clothing items which give you +4 to multiple stats in a D&D game - and they stack) - I'm pretty sure you could beat the game on easy - maybe normal - with auto-level-ups and auto-attacks. The problem with cyberpunk 2077 is although it has a good story, it is a very linear one - most of the narratively rich sidequests have exactly 1 ending too. So the 'replay value' relies on the open world content (maybe most of the game by playtime) which doesn't have much in the way of story and so relies in turn on the horribly busted gameplay.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Finished the game. I like that the ending you got wasn't a clear choice, and came naturally from dialog choices. I might look at a guide out of curiosity, but I'm not the type to want to see everything in one playthrough and do them now. SPOILERZ I got the Arisoka ending, as I quite like the Goro character and also played a rather in it for themselves merc who hated Silverhand for blowing up a ton of innocents. At the very end I chose to be uploaded, which was a neat cut to credits. Overall story wise I think the game is... fine. Not as well written as Witcher 2 and 3 probably, but also not poorly written. Pretty good for video game standards I'd say, but nothing amazing. The mood and setting are where the game succeeds much more.

Gameplay wise I don't really have much to add I haven't written before. I like the mini-Deus Ex levels and sneaky infiltration gameplay a lot. I dislike the lack of context and story many of those missions suffer from. The main "quest" is almost all movie with very little gameplay, and the game relies on the side gigs to give you that gameplay, so they should have been more beefed up. Still, I enjoy the setting and basic gameplay enough to have finished it and done most of the side content.

Speaking of which, I hit level 19 in handguns (which are all I used the whole game) right at the end. This is with clearing all yellow missions, a ton of blue police missions and hitting the level cap of 50. I don't know what the fuck you'd have to do to max these skills out, nor why you'd care since you're invincible long before that. For pretty much the second half of the game, at least levels 30 and up, nothing could touch me. This is with a stealth character, who theoretically should have to use stealth to survive due to having put no points in "body," but clothing armor made it so I barely took damage even from direct gunfire. I could also kill everything in one body shot from a pistol, even mechs. I stopped bothering with stealth the last third of the game, just ran around one-shotting everything, and it was boring as fuck. Do NOT 100% this game or anything close to that, save shit for future playthroughs and finish early before the terrible balancing kills what enjoyment there is in it.

Anyway, I went in hoping for an open world Deus Ex and expecting a cyberpunk Far Cry and I feel like we got something between those two, which is fair enough. But it could have been SO much more, and that's a shame.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It is like a pretty girl you go out and end up having fish sex with her. You sort of expected to be disappointed but the potential in there was so great.

I would like to amend my complaints. The fact that you can't get your cock out in photo mode is seriously cramping my style, and on a completely unrelated note if you kidnap various women and drag them back to your apartment they will eventually despawn. I keep trying with different women (Random NPCs, named NPCs, quest-target assassination NPCs) but they always manage to escape my clutches. Still having a blast with the game though, surprises me how I have more fun the more I play it but it's just a very tasteful game.

882682B017AC7407C3C2AB1ECA794B41CBBBEDF4

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I would like to amend my complaints. The fact that you can't get your cock out in photo mode is seriously cramping my style, and on a completely unrelated note if you kidnap various women and drag them back to your apartment they will eventually despawn. I keep trying with different women (Random NPCs, named NPCs, quest-target assassination NPCs) but they always manage to escape my clutches. Still having a blast with the game though, surprises me how I have more fun the more I play it but it's just a very tasteful game.

882682B017AC7407C3C2AB1ECA794B41CBBBEDF4

You should carry them around with you. There's a ridiculously OP perk in Athletics that triples your damage if you're carrying a body. Needless to say our own dear Pope Amole (Nerd Commando) has already made 2 builds exploiting that perk, one for pistols (as intended, since there's another perk that lets you fire pistols while carrying a body) and one a netrunner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom