Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

MasPingon

Arcane
9ac24667c1f40fc056dc666c2936a6e9.png

Translation:
Get the fuck out, I'm driving.
-change your sits
-change your sits

Got to love Panam simp questline. 30 minutes of listening to her whining, while carrying crates for her and sitting on passenger seat like a little bitch. I'm surprised it didin't end with her fucking other guy right before V's eyes while insulting his mother. At least not yet.

Last edited:

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Isn't that her car?

Technically, she lost it like a little bitch, but still.

Also, why the fuck are you playing this with Potato VO?

MasPingon

Arcane
Isn't that her car?

Technically, she lost it like a little bitch, but still.

Also, why the fuck are you playing this with Potato VO?
I don't give a damn it's her car, if she would like to make me a schnitzel I would gladly let her use my kitchen. That's how human relations work.

I'm Potato. Witcher 3 polish and english voiceovers were at the same high level, sadly Cyberpunk english version sounds generic.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
so guys I havent been following this game ata ll due to how bored I got with TW3.
Do you think it's worth playing now? Is it even more boring than TW3 due to how easy it is?

It's impossible to answer without knowing your particular tastes. If you like shootan, it's pretty alright if you slog through the cinematic spam or avoid the main story for a hundred hours. On the other hand, if you are expecting another Witcher 3 or lots of C&C and RPG elements... it is not that kind of game.

Keep your expectations low and expect Far Cry: The Future and you might enjoy it, if that is the kind of game you can stomach. Or if you are so demented you actually enjoy the godawful story. Taste is really hard to predict. It could be a fantastic experience for you or a complete waste of money.
I want a real smooth shooter with RPG lite elements. It must be completely unlike Starfield in its mechanics, animations and everything else.
Like a sci fi GTA or sumtin

It's kind of like that, kind of not. Think Future Sci fi GTA with lots of first person cinematics & none of GTA's world interactivity elements (as in, no sitting down and eating at a bar outside of scripted story sequences, almost no minigames, etc). If that sounds appealing to you, go for it.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I'm Potato. Witcher 3 polish and english voiceovers were at the same high level, sadly Cyberpunk english version sounds generic.

I can't listen to Polish VO in Cyberpunk. It's comical. Not comically bad - the people involved are professionals - it just doesn't work on a fundamental level. It's like watching Baywatch with German dubbing. All wrong, all the time.

Then again, Polish VO for Witcher 3 shits all over the English one, so it all balances out.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Ok. So I finished the phantom shit DLC.
It was shit.
Except...for the chimera chase and fight. They blew their load too early with that, it should have been the final boss. I also liked the spider killer robot Alien Isolation sequence, really well done. But guess what? It turned out to be shit. No spider killer robot boss fight, no chase sequence, no Songbird cyberpsycho fight...WTF, what do devs have against cool stuff?
Whatever. I have spoken. So it is.
/thread

Zeriel

Arcane
Did someone at CDPR go on a CoD binge? Because the entire DLC so far feels like I'm playing Cowadoody, with about as much CnC.

Their new game director is the former lead of Citadel and Tresspasser, why do you expect CnC?

Ironically I felt like there was more C&C In DA:I than in C2077. I'm sure people will argue the point, but it at least gave me the impression of my choices mattering more. Maybe it was just the facade of there actually being choices. Far too often in C2077, despite there technically being multiple endings and hence "consequence", you're given no choices in a situation except how to kill someone. The dialogue is full of "Press X to comply with the writer's wishes" moments.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
True 4chan brainrot is when you can't decide if CDRP is omegabased for making the black gang a violent haitian group that believes in voodoo and rules the shithole area of the city, or cringewoke for making them hackers
Voodoo boys were something Mike Pondsmith (black dude who created Cyberpunk) wrote.

So, probably not "based".

He fails to mention it, but quite sure he was influenced by Gibson's Sprawl trilogy with respect of the voodoo boys. The books have vodou, and some AIs function as Loa. Hell, even someone called Baron Samedi.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Ironically I felt like there was more C&C In DA:I than in C2077. I'm sure people will argue the point, but it at least gave me the impression of my choices mattering more. Maybe it was just the facade of there actually being choices.

I don't remember one single choice in Inquisition, to be honest. Except for choosing who to support between mages and templars, and the choice amounts to nothing

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
so guys I havent been following this game ata ll due to how bored I got with TW3.
Do you think it's worth playing now? Is it even more boring than TW3 due to how easy it is?

It's impossible to answer without knowing your particular tastes. If you like shootan, it's pretty alright if you slog through the cinematic spam or avoid the main story for a hundred hours. On the other hand, if you are expecting another Witcher 3 or lots of C&C and RPG elements... it is not that kind of game.

Keep your expectations low and expect Far Cry: The Future and you might enjoy it, if that is the kind of game you can stomach. Or if you are so demented you actually enjoy the godawful story. Taste is really hard to predict. It could be a fantastic experience for you or a complete waste of money.
I want a real smooth shooter with RPG lite elements. It must be completely unlike Starfield in its mechanics, animations and everything else.
Like a sci fi GTA or sumtin

It's kind of like that, kind of not. Think Future Sci fi GTA with lots of first person cinematics & none of GTA's world interactivity elements (as in, no sitting down and eating at a bar outside of scripted story sequences, almost no minigames, etc). If that sounds appealing to you, go for it.
Yeah, that's not completely reductionist to suit your agenda. It's not like the game has way better shooting, comparable driving (now that it doesn't suck ass), hacking/magic, actual gear and a talent tree. Almost like it focused on different shit than GTA.

Besides, GTA can be fun but the mini games are crap and the side activities are shallow. The best thing about them are driving around, listening to decent music while doing something dumb that kills/injures a lot of people and probably yourself. Same thing here, except the actual gameplay is better in every way.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Ironically I felt like there was more C&C In DA:I than in C2077. I'm sure people will argue the point, but it at least gave me the impression of my choices mattering more. Maybe it was just the facade of there actually being choices.

I don't remember one single choice in Inquisition, to be honest. Except for choosing who to support between mages and templars, and the choice amounts to nothing
I remember choosing to uninstall when I had to hold a mouse button down to auto attack and the animation rooted you and you may or may not be swinging at air. It was a great decision and felt very rewarding.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
I’m level 19 now and the bullet-sponginess seems to improve due to getting better hacks, gear and talents.

I do enjoy getting shredded within a few seconds if I goof and don’t take cover on VH tho, doesn’t seem like that changes much so it starts to even out. Haven’t invested in any damage resistance stuff tho and got no defensive gear

You are playing a hacker?

If you do keep me posted if the netrunning nerf left them unusable or if it is good/decent, I remember my first playthrough I made a stealth/hacker character and I could take on a lot of enemies without them even noticing me from cameras etc.

It was pretty broken I will admit that but some missions didn't let you do that.

I agree on a nerf but only if they made the playstyle more engaging somehow.
yes and I just killed a whole base with hacks and overloading gastanks without them finding me

Well that sounds decent enough but since you like to post like this is a diary LMAO I wouldn't mind if you kept talking about how is hacking going as you keep playing.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
I’m level 19 now and the bullet-sponginess seems to improve due to getting better hacks, gear and talents.

I do enjoy getting shredded within a few seconds if I goof and don’t take cover on VH tho, doesn’t seem like that changes much so it starts to even out. Haven’t invested in any damage resistance stuff tho and got no defensive gear

You are playing a hacker?

If you do keep me posted if the netrunning nerf left them unusable or if it is good/decent, I remember my first playthrough I made a stealth/hacker character and I could take on a lot of enemies without them even noticing me from cameras etc.

It was pretty broken I will admit that but some missions didn't let you do that.

I agree on a nerf but only if they made the playstyle more engaging somehow.

Thanks for the video but I don't enjoy watching others telling me what is the best or how should I be playing and that dude made a 24 minutes video explaining and basically spoiling all the fun of trying all the stuff before you, I don't do that.

In the case of Vic he will just talk about his experience but he probably won't make a huge fucking list explaining all the ins and outs of the hacking system which for me spoil the fun.

Thanks for the video like I said but not my thing.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
9ac24667c1f40fc056dc666c2936a6e9.png

Translation:
Get the fuck out, I'm driving.
-change your sits
-change your sits

Got to love Panam simp questline. 30 minutes of listening to her whining, while carrying crates for her and sitting on passenger seat like a little bitch. I'm surprised it didin't end with her fucking other guy right before V's eyes while insulting his mother. At least not yet.

They have to teach you to be a servile mangina beta simp cuck.

I just find fun when people say there wasn't nothing woke in the game before the new expansion when all of this is there and how you can't even romance a white chick at all, only brunettes and if you are a gal is the same, no white dudes for you.

But since being a servile mangina beta simp cuck has been succesfully normalized nobody sees it as woke anymore.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Meh, woke this woke that. There were always female characters and real people like that. Just back in the day it was called being a shrill harpy bitch. I never understood anyone who could deal with Panam. I always wanted to throw her off the side of a mountain. :lol:

Trithne

Erudite
Or, Panam missions are highly scripted and they need you in the passenger seat so you can have the upcoming argument with her about attacking the raffens and you choosing whether to help her or demand she helps you with your job now.

Sometimes, shit is just incompetence.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
A harpy can still be a good character that makes the story better. Panam's fairly plain and, perhaps more importantly, written against the general theme of the game. Where most other major characters face change and the associated uncertainty and fear of unknown, her arc is going back from uncertainty to the comfort and safety of her little "family", with no real consequences.

She would have served the narrative better if she was forced to accept that she's no longer part of her former clan and to reinvent herself outside of it.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
1. It's her car after all.
2. She drives, you shoot. Shooting is more fun.
3. Who cares about her car, in her questline you get to drive a Basilisk and wreck shit around you like a boss.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Well that sounds decent enough but since you like to post like this is a diary LMAO I wouldn't mind if you kept talking about how is hacking going as you keep playing.
I lost interest in the game. The combat is decent, maybe but the AI is way too dumb in contrast to the high tech combat. You would imagine they’d have IQ boosters or something.

Damage hacks do more damage if the target is affected by control hacks first, so you blind them, then directly queue up the damage hack if you’ve skilled enough in the talent tree, and then wait for your RAM to recover to do it again. If that sounds boring it’s because it is.

You can also hack turrets and kill them with it or explode gastanks and such. Overall not really fun because of retarded AI tbh

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Or, Panam missions are highly scripted and they need you in the passenger seat so you can have the upcoming argument with her about attacking the raffens and you choosing whether to help her or demand she helps you with your job now.

Sometimes, shit is just incompetence.
Almost all missions are like that. It's a movie game. They really wanted you to ~*experience*~ the game more than playing it.

Kiste

Augur
God, you people are boring. Boring and predictable. Chick doesn't let you drive her car? WOKE! Romance options in a game taking place in Mongrelmerica not white enough? WOKE! Too many brunettes? WOKE! There's gay people? WOKE! Everything is woke, everything is cucked and you have to point it all out to everyone all the time. :roll:

Almost all missions are like that. It's a movie game. They really wanted you to ~*experience*~ the game more than playing it.
Is CP77 a great RPG? No, but then again, neither were any of the Witcher games. Good games, shitty RPGs.

What CDPR quite successfully accomplished with CP77 is combining the cinematics and set pieces of games like Uncharted with an open world and some very light RPG elements in a way that actually feels pretty damn good. That, by itself, is a lot of fun, now that the game has been fixed into a decent state.

Just don't expect some sort of deep RPG. I mean, why would you? It's CDPR.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Witcher 3 is a much better RPG than this because you actually get choices and consequences during quests.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom