Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
how the fuck do I make a white person
image.png

image.png
You can make a white character, the problem is that the chracter creator is a total fuckup. They have made it with weird light sources which confuse you about which color is which under normal light. I think there was a mod that fixes it, but I'm not sure, I'll have to look.

Codex Year of the Donut
how the fuck do I make a white person
image.png

image.png
You can make a white character, the problem is that the chracter creator is a total fuckup. They have made it with weird light sources which confuse you about which color is which under normal light. I think there was a mod that fixes it, but I'm not sure, I'll have to look.
yeah I found out after making my character that looked nothing like what it did in the character creation
lmao how did they fuckup something so basic
better yet, how did they not fix it months later

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
yeah I found out after making my character that looked nothing like what it did in the character creation
lmao how did they fuckup something so basic
better yet, how did they not fix it months later
It's obvious the project and the company is in totall disarray, yeah.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Based CDPR going for gritty realism where everyone in the future is a mutt. BASED CDPR is trying to tell americans something.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
check out their twitter they sometimes post some pointless cyberpunk trivia like once a week and in the comments they just get shit on by people. it honestly feels like normies hate cdpr even more than the codex which blows my mind. it‘s such a crazy contrast to a couple months ago when people where just endlessly fellating them on twitter.

usually it‘s my opinion that fan outrage doesn’t bother most devs because they already got your money and people are going to forget being ripped off once the hype for the next game starts. this time i‘m not sure cdpr can just get away by announcing witcher because the backlash is so widespread. they became the biggest meme in the industry i wonder how they plan to dig themselves out of this situation.

Danikas

Arcane
i‘m not sure cdpr can just get away by announcing witcher because the backlash is so widespread. they became the biggest meme in the industry i wonder how they plan to dig themselves out of this situation.
This is their grand recovery plan.

th-92774-38597.jpg

irjykxg0g6331.jpg

Honestly they did it to themselves should have listened to the devs that said they needed at least 1 year more you can only imagine how the game would look like if they released it in 04.2020 :lol:. They did the same thing with Witcher 3 but that game was so big normies didnt notice the obvious cut content Cyberpunk though has less quality quests so the cut content is more noticable.

What should be obvious is the fact that Cdpr leadership is out of touch with reality (unrealistic release dates for both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk and retardo development of Cyberpunk are a big proof of that) so I dont expect any big improvments to the things normies want like Police chases or traffic and npc AI.

Last edited:

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

th-92774-38597.jpg

irjykxg0g6331.jpg

Honestly they did it to themselves should have listened to the devs that said they needed at least 1 year more you can only imagine how the game would look like if they released it in 04.2020 :lol:. They did the same thing with Witcher 3 but that game was so big normies didnt notice the obvious cut content Cyberpunk though has less quality quests so the cut content is more noticable.

What should be obvious is the fact that Cdpr leadership is out of touch with reality (unrealistic release dates for both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk and retardo development of Cyberpunk are a big proof of that) so I dont expect any big improvments to the things normies want like Police chases or traffic and npc AI.

Imagine these faggots telling you they need more time. I wouldn't take them seriously too.

By the way, what was cut from TW3?

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
i wonder how they plan to dig themselves out of this situation
The only way they can reasonably claw out of the shitpit they dug for themselves is to fix* Soyberpunk, but it's blatantly obvious they are either unwilling or unable to do so.

The project feels genuinely abandoned, they keep releasing all these patches that seemingly do nothing instead of including some sort of major feature they could build the patch around whenever they release one, something that could revive interest in the game, give them better optics and make it easy for the public to discern they are trying to fix the game. Hell, just take a page out of Hello Games' playbook on how to handle this kind of shit.

Other than that, I really don't see much of a future for CDPR - they can announce a new Witcher game, but they're never going to get the same amount of hype as they did with Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, let alone the same amount of support, both from fans and investors/partners, considering how many bridges they've burned.

2077 was their one chance to enter the big leagues and they've fucked it up so thoroughly the company might even be forced to close down a few years down the line. They've ended up where modern BioWare is in a quarter of the time and with barely 5 games under their belt.

*And by that I mean add in both large chunks of the cut content and introduce GTA mechanics and simulation aspects the normalfags expect

Danikas

Arcane

th-92774-38597.jpg

irjykxg0g6331.jpg

Imagine these faggots telling you they need more time. I wouldn't take them seriously too.

By the way, what was cut from TW3?
Iorveth questline, Wild hunt attack on Novigrad, Quests that were supposed to flesh out Wild hunt, Questline about plague in Velen that was replaced by retardo Reason of state quest, Vizima was supposed to be a hub with quests where you could meet characters from Witcher 1, etc.

Gargaune

Arcane
Hell, just take a page out of Hello Games' playbook on how to handle this kind of shit.
Pretty sure I've asked you before and you didn't answer - what exactly has Hello Games done to make No Man's Sky worth the AAA asking price? Crap on CDPR all you want, but stop shilling this NMS "redemption" bullshit, it's not even scale appropriate. Or at least go do it in the Star Citizen thread, where it'll generate relevant butthurt.

DeepOcean

Arcane
2077 was their one chance to enter the big leagues and they've fucked it up so thoroughly.
It is kinda ironic that this is also the plot of their game. If you assume V is CDPR, they fucked badly and their future is to end with a chip made by japanese EA rewiring CDPR brains so their consciousness are replaced by Hollywood.

Codex Year of the Donut
Quite a mixed bag. Can't believe they spent so much money on this.

• vehicle handling is really bad, combined with traffic and I'm often just running instead. There are times when gameplay trumps pseudo-realism, and this is one of them. The amount of vehicles on the road should decrease dramatically anytime you enter a vehicle, and the roads should be wider. This is something games like Need For Speed and such solved years ago in their various city-based games.
  • Some of the quests are pretty good. A lot of non-combat ones that are just exposition. Some of them are really good, like the one with Jackie in the tower. A lot of them feel like filler tho, so you often go from "harass random no-name thugs" to "reminiscence about the old days with Johnny"
  • The city is OK I guess? Feels like so much effort was put into it that could have been put elsewhere though.
  • FUCKING ELEVATORS ARE SO GOD DAMN SLOW HOLY SHIT
  • The civilian AI... jesus. Just accelerating my vehicle causes them to all start screaming and cowering. How did this get past QA?
  • My background comes up a lot in quests which is cool. There isn't anywhere near enough backgrounds, which isn't cool.
  • A typical problem with FPSRPGs, shooting someone in the head from stealth just causes them to go "HUH?!" and take 30% of their HP away and I instantly get put on alert.
  • There's more character building than I thought there would be. A lot more. Why did they actively go out of their way to hide it? Were they afraid of scaring away GTA fans?
  • Too much colored loot pinata garbage, which is kinda sad. If they had way less weapons and focused on the iconics, it would have been solid with the extensive mod system.

The game before Johnny felt a lot more coherent than post-Johnny. Feels like there was some serious rewriting/meddling going on once they found out they got Keanu onboard. And quite honestly, I just don't like Johnny as a character. Feels like I traded a character I really liked for someone I just don't.

Is it really that different from Witcher 3 base game? ...Eh. Witcher 3 hits a climax pretty early and drags on from there, but with the DLC it's not even close as both are way above cyberpunk.
I guess the best thing I could say about it is that in many ways, it feels like more DXHR?

Oh and the performance is alright. Nothing special, nothing bad. Was probably a lot worse at release I'd imagine.

DeepOcean

Arcane
what exactly has Hello Games done to make No Man's Sky worth the AAA asking price?
The metric of making AAA price worthy, what is worthy to some wont be for others, so it is subjective so I dunno about how to discuss that , yes Shean Murray is overcharged Todd on the lies department but being fair, taking the metric of the gap of "game as marketed" vs "game as delivered", taking in mind the proportion of Hello Games that is a much smaller company than CDPR, they did ALOT of work on NMS as free dlc to reduce that gap:
Check this page here:
https://www.nomanssky.com/release-log/?cli_action=1624736141.035

There is absolutely no reason beyond than being greedy dicks that CDPR cant fix their game and add missing features.

Codex Year of the Donut
There is absolutely no reason beyond than being greedy dicks that CDPR cant fix their game and add missing features.
I suppose I'm lucky in that I'm the one person in the world who didn't know anything about cyberpunk before it released so I can't be disappointed by missing features as I never expected them.

... And yet, I'm still disappointed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My biggest disappointment wasn't even missing features, poor performance, or any of their other game design. My biggest disappointment is that Jackie was a bro character, but you don't get to become bros for real. The whole montage they show of the main character and him doing all kinds of shit together should have been playable. That should have set up your mission to you witnessing what happens between some of the members in the Arasaka family.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Pretty sure I've asked you before and you didn't answer
Pretty sure I didn't bother to answer because it was a stupid question back then as it is now, and also because reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

I never argued that NMS was a particularly good game or that it is worth the AAA asking prince (then again neither is Cyberpunk 2077).

What I am talking about specifically is optics. Hello Games may never have fixed the flawed core gameplay loop of the game, but they did a stellar job selling their redemption story to the public. Doesn't matter that every new expansion/patch usually just adds another shallow gimmick - it looks good in the trailers, it makes Hello Games look like the good guys and gives them the moral high-ground.

That's the point I was trying to make - if CDPR wants to crawl their way back into the limelight that's the kind of approach they need to take with 2077, not what they've been doing these past 8 months - which have been a complete and utter disaster.

Codex Year of the Donut
but you don't get to become bros for real. The whole montage they show of the main character and him doing all kinds of shit together should have been playable.
while this happened I remember thinking "wow, this looks cool. Why am I watching it instead of playing it?"

Lambach

Arcane
2077 was their one chance to enter the big leagues and they've fucked it up so thoroughly the company might even be forced to close down a few years down the line.

People who think Kurwajunk will kill CDPR must have met precisely 0 normies in their lives. Do you have any idea how short their memories and low their standars are? And most importantly, how prone to hype they are?

The absolute worst case scenario for them is getting bought by EA, Microsoft or some other giant, after which they'll be releasing mediocre crap that will be just profitable enough to keep them alive for god-knows-how-many years. They're not going anywhere, not in any foreseeable future. Hype alone sold more than enough copies of Kurwajunk to keep them afloat.

The project feels genuinely abandoned, they keep releasing all these patches that seemingly do nothing instead of including some sort of major feature they could build the patch around whenever they release one, something that could revive interest in the game, give them better optics and make it easy for the public to discern they are trying to fix the game. Hell, just take a page out of Hello Games' playbook on how to handle this kind of shit.
The changelogs are long enough that it's clearly not abandoned, but they're working on bugfixes and performance. Eye-catching stuff like car customization and haircuts come later. Dunno how easy it is to implement that while you're still at the "Does the game run? Can we complete all quests?" stage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom