Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher CD Project develops 2 new AAA+++++ games for PC and Next gen consoles

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
According to Eurogamer they have 2 AAA+ projects for a 2014/2015 release one of which will be a new IP but stil an RPG.I guess that pretty much confirms that the Witcher 3 will come out in 2014.

They will be multiplatform but not for the current gen of consoles since they don't have enough power.

They also plan to release two A games in 2012 and an AA game in 2013

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...are-simultaneous-pc-next-gen-console-releases

Can't wait for the : x: x: x+++++++ games in 2020

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Just what we need. More shitty quicktime action games with little or no cRPG elements labeled as a RPG #78948.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Old news is old.

They announced this "plan" like last year in october or something on one of their useless open press conferences (they are hyping them like crazy in potatato gaming internet sites and there is never anything of interest there). And one of two games mentioned for 2012 is Witcher 2 for XBawks. (I won't be surprised if the second one is Witcher 2 for PS3 :lol:). So, there you go. Probably nothing to look into in 2012 from CDRed (well I have a faintest hope that the second title for 2012 is actually a proper W2 expansion with new storyline, but I doubt it).

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Make potatoes a currency in the new RPG and it will be the best game ever.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The Witcher is a horrible series. They should make an RPG with character generation. Preferably party-based.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Witcher is a horrible series. They should make an RPG with character generation. Preferably party-based.

Since they are self-funded (and have no Publisher pressure to to release shitty action games) this would be fantastic. I don't think they love cRPG's that much though and would only focus on something that is profitable (shitty action games, because they sell).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Since they are self-funded (and have no Publisher pressure to to release shitty action games) this would be fantastic. I don't think they love cRPG's that much though and would only focus on something that is profitable (shitty action games, because they sell).

Because it's not possible that they are making what they want to and you just don't like it?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

But Mass Effect is cool, right? :M

More CDPR goodness...just take my moneys now my brothers!
: x

Notorious

Augur
Because it's not possible that they are making what they want to and you just don't like it?

Apparently every developer loves to make ARPGs. And they love doing a story about a white haired asshole who loves to sleep with everything that walks and has a hole between it's legs... (Maybe that's a polish thing)

Also they need to learn the difference between AAA titles (Like Blizzard games) and maybe b+ or a titles they are doing. (Extensive bug testing, balancing, making controls better, more fluid gameplay if you are aiming for an ARPG, etc)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Apparently every developer loves to make ARPGs. And they love doing a story about a white haired asshole who loves to sleep with everything that walks and has a hole between it's legs... (Maybe that's a polish thing)

26-lpmotb_ch053_026.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Considering how ridiculously low development costs are in Poland I doubt CD Projekt are all "Oh if only we could make a traditional RPG but the maaaaaaaaarket." Action games with awesome graphics are what they genuinely want to make. They need to get better at the gameplay part though.

Also they need to learn the difference between AAA titles (Like Blizzard games) and maybe b+ or a titles they are doing. (Extensive bug testing, balancing, making controls better, more fluid gameplay if you are aiming for an ARPG, etc)
It's an internal thing they use:
A "AAA+" game is "something huge and it's multi-platform", explained Platkow-Gilewski.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition on Xbox 360 and PC is classified as "AAA". No plus. This is "something big, or huge, but for a single platform", Platkow-Gilewski clarified.
"AA" titles are "big games with good scores" of 85 per cent or higher on Metacritic, we were told. "They have some selling potential, but they don't require more than two years of our work," said Platkow-Gilewski.
"The definition of product A is that this is a good quality game for a single platform which doesn't involve enormous effort on our side," Platkow-Gilewski explained.

DraQ

Arcane
CBA to click the links - have they publicly apologized for QTEs?
:rpgcodex:

On a brighter note they seem to be seeking a cutscene artist which might mean the hack responsible for TW2 embarrassing cartoons got dumped - :incline: ?

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Considering how ridiculously low development costs are in Poland I doubt CD Projekt are all "Oh if only we could make a traditional RPG but the maaaaaaaaarket." Action games with awesome graphics are what they genuinely want to make. They need to get better at the gameplay part though.

I hope you are just ironic.

After Twitcher 2 there is no doubt that CDP are two-faced morons. Hey, we've made this twitchy game with QTEs all over the place exclusively for the PCs. Right, cool story CDP bros.

Forget about potato developers. Most of them make shitty console games these days.

: x

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Considering how ridiculously low development costs are in Poland

They are?
Yes. Witcher 2 cost about 30 million zloty to make which is about 9 million dollars. AAA console games costs tens of millions to make and from what I've seen, the dollar equivalent of the average Polish programmer's salary is barely more than minimum wage in the US.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Considering how ridiculously low development costs are in Poland

They are?
Yes. Witcher 2 cost about 30 million zloty to make which is about 9 million dollars. AAA console games costs tens of millions to make and from what I've seen, the dollar equivalent of the average Polish programmer's salary is barely more than minimum wage in the US.

I'm thinking that, considering what Americans (and especially Canadians :smug:) have done with it, outsourcing the entire videogame industry to cheaper locales might be a just and worthy move.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

If they like making action games like The Witcher, then that's great. More power to them. I won't be buying their games though (unless it is possibly more cRPG like as say what Larian makes, which was a fun game IMHO). What little of the first Witcher I played was actually enjoyable. I just never got the will to actually finish it. I think around that time I discovered FRUA and said fuck all this other action game shit, I'M FINALLY HOME! FRUA TAKE ME AWAY <3

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
TW2 is as bad as DA2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom