Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cantr II and beyond

lumin

Novice
I was wondering if anybody has played Cantr II. It's a persistent browser based game I believe it to be the best true role-playing game on a computer.

Cantr is a world without any NPC's or static objects. Every man-made item, object or village in the game is created by players for players from resources. There are no pre-named cities or pre-defined back stories in the game. Real players create history themselves.

It's difficult to explain the game in words because there is nothing out there quite like it. Check it out here

I am asking what people think of it because I'm designing my own online PBBG strongly based on this game (and also because I don't just want to post an advertisement :wink:).

Besides the things mentioned above I am also building the game around a simpler/cleaner interface, real family systems, realistic weather and a "fantasy" world. Players are truly born, instead of being magically *poofed* into existence. As in Cantr, there will be no pre-named creatures, cities or histories. When major events occur, I plan to have an online history log that records player's actions in a story book format, published for all to see.

Anyway, you can check out development here: Faery Tale Online

LCJr.

Erudite
and also because I don't just want to post an advertisement Wink).

You lying motherfucker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom