Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Can you be a hardcore gamer if...

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Lesifoere said:
You mean their parents.

I'm also in the habit of not-removing-from-inventory a lot but finishing very few games, though.

Yeah, me too.

I finish perhaps 1 in 10 games I don't remove from inventory - sometimes regardless of their quality. Yet a friend of mine who never downloads, but buys (at full price) maybe 2-3 games per month always finishes them (again, regardless of quality).

I guess torrenting does have it's down side in that you're less compelled to get your money's worth. Of course it's also true that most games these days are just not worth the time to complete, and I hate forking out big bucks on crap games.

I actually have a whole 1TB hard drive set aside, full of games I've yet to finish but would like to someday - I call it my "must get back to" drive (yet I hardly ever do). :roll:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I tend to finish all games I start, even those removed from inventory. That said I do not start as many games as I used to.

I even forced myself to finish Bloodrayne, and it was the only case where I used a cheat mode to get it over as fast as possible. Actually I lied: I did the same for Bloodrayne 2.

BloodRayne was actually pretty good. For what it was. Back then.

There are many better games nowadays, though. Like DMC3/4.

Dmitron

Arbiter
Droog White Smile said:
Can you be a hardcore gamer if...you play games just for fun and don't care whether they're intelligent or not?

Obviously. Playing Quake isn't "intelligent", it's completely reflex based. But if you spend 16 hours a day playing it and competing competitively I'd say you're "hardcore".

I think in the context of cockdex the question should be altered to:

...you play just for fun and don't care whether they have a storwie und chwacters with xena dialogue that makes me feel intelligent?

relootz

Scholar
Discussing games being intelligent is stupid anyway. What makes a game intelligent and can games even be intelligent anyway?
Being 'intelligent' doesnt make a game enjoyable. And if a game isnt enjoyable you wont play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom