Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fargo complained to Cain about how people are harassing him over the stolen bonus. :lol:

Regarding In-N-Out, I agree with Mr. J here
4JljNN7VNdig.jpeg

Tim liked the show but he says himself he wasn't even paying attention the dialogue. Like Rex with Hellgate London, maybe he just enjoyed the experience surrounding it (and the set and prop design).

deama

Prophet
I suspect he didn't want to say anything bad, so he just focused on the stuff he liked, or at least could pretend to like.

ciox

Liturgist
It's pretty crazy to think that people won't just go with the flow in this type of situation.
Even James Cameron said he thought T3 was great at the time when it just came out. I also remember that Warren Spector actually did criticize the new Deus Ex games a little when he was asked for his opinion and everyone was shocked like he broke some unwritten rule (HR for having no free melee option, MD for having a trailer that's too combat focused) and was "getting out of line".

Butter

Arcane
Patron
It's pretty crazy to think that people won't just go with the flow in this type of situation.
Even James Cameron said he thought T3 was great at the time when it just came out. I also remember that Warren Spector actually did criticize the new Deus Ex games a little when he was asked for his opinion and everyone was shocked like he broke some unwritten rule (HR for having no free melee option, MD for having a trailer that's too combat focused) and was "getting out of line".
Yeah it's standard for people in the industry to not publicly shit on each other's work. That doesn't stop Bethesda fans from screaming "Look, even Tim Cain liked it!" like Tim is incapable of being wrong.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
"I hear you've been talking shit about me on your little Youtube channel"
"n- no Mr Fargo, m- I just remember things that may or may not have happened, no heroes no villains-"
"shut up, you gay worm"

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
I binged every episode yesterday and it's... I don't really fucking know. Not gonna go into a whole rant about the TV show considering that's not the topic here but yeah.
It was carried by Walton Goggins, his performance alone made it watchable even if I was seething the entire time.
I'm curious to hear what Tim has to say.
Cletus van Damme is solid as always :)

Saldrone

Novice
Man i care very little less about this Fallout TV show, but talking about his opinion about it reminds me about this part of his Interview from this website:

"I did enjoy both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I know that surprised some of my fans, who wanted me to hate the games and rail against their design choices (which I have repeatedly pointed out were different than the ones I would have made), but there is no arguing that more people enjoy the modern versions of the franchise than the older ones."

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8416

NotSweeper

Educated

My estimation of v*deo g*me d*velopers is continuing to plummet to previously thought impossible levels. It's like you pour your heart and soul into something, then whoever holds the IP shits all over it and you have to smile about it.
"Hehe, I don't actually care."
I remember a time when creatives used to shit all over each other and everyone else for really minor shit. They're all corporate slaves now.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Tim really going full retard.
Said he likes the new Fallout show and doesn't understand the criticism aimed at it and "those" who try to create new things.
Did the nigga even see what's happening on the Fallout wiki??

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Said he likes the new Fallout show and doesn't understand the criticism aimed at it and "those" who try to create new things.
That's the argument I didn't get. They're not "creating new things". They're just taking something that's been in existence for two and a half decades, tossing in "modern sensibilities", making it goofy, and coughing it up like a cat with a particularly slimy hairball.

I haven't seen it. I really have no desire to see it. About the only reason I think I would see it would be morbid curiosity, the same reason why I watched the trailer. The big problem I have with the trailer is all the years that Bethesda has flip flopped on the Brotherhood of Steel, which somewhat started with Fallout Tactics. They were practically morally grey in the first two games, they just had their own interests. They went from nearly dying out in Fallout 2 to being spread across the entire United States in everything after that. In no game after Fallout 2 did they seem "small" with maybe the exception of New Vegas. They were ridiculously large in Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 with no really good explanation. Even Fallout Tactics attempted to explain why the Brotherhood was fairly large in that game, even though they probably shouldn't be. You watch the trailer and it's like, "Oh, they're the good guys again?"

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
BOS were always self righteous pricks.
Unfortunately said pricks had access to high tech and advanced military training and scientific method, making them one of the big dogs in the post nuclear wasteland (albeit they were always rather
secretive).
Honestly, they were little better than the Enclave, just lacking the whole "Let's purify the post nuclear wasteland by committing genocide on those living in it" thing the Enclave had going.

NotSweeper

Educated

19:10
Here's your based and totally not mentally ill gay video game developer bro.
Turns out Fallout really is transcore, going all the way back to the very beginning.

Tim being a faggot nerd has no bearing on what Fallout is or isn't. He made some good games when he was young, surrounded by smart and talented people, and immersed in an interesting, not completely spent culture. Many such cases in history. Now that he's no longer being worked like a slave, he's just another faggot nerd. He's not someone you look up to or ask opinions about general things.

REhorror

Educated
Tim being a faggot nerd has no bearing on what Fallout is or isn't. He made some good games when he was young, surrounded by smart and talented people, and immersed in an interesting, not completely spent culture. Many such cases in history. Now that he's no longer being worked like a slave, he's just another faggot nerd. He's not someone you look up to or ask opinions about general things.
I think a nerd still got some pride.

Tim Cain is just straight out selling out now, I'm not sure how he really feels when the camera no longer records.

Maldoror

Scholar
Mind spoonfeeding me about what's happening on the Fallout Wiki? I'm going to guess it's just drama over the canon but I'm still interested.
I used to dick around there in 2010 - 2012, fond memories. The moderators at that time were largely very trigger-happy with the banhammer and would pretty quickly chew anyone out for thinking that Fallout 3 was good. At the same time, they were autistic spaztards in many respects, and I'm pretty confident that nobody who was around back then frequents that site any longer. They don't even have their own dedicated chat software anymore, it's just a Discord now from the looks of it.

I'm guessing it's mostly populated with Fallout 4 redditors now.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Mind spoonfeeding me about what's happening on the Fallout Wiki? I'm going to guess it's just drama over the canon but I'm still interested.
I used to dick around there in 2010 - 2012, fond memories. The moderators at that time were largely very trigger-happy with the banhammer and would pretty quickly chew anyone out for thinking that Fallout 3 was good. At the same time, they were autistic spaztards in many respects, and I'm pretty confident that nobody who was around back then frequents that site any longer. They don't even have their own dedicated chat software anymore, it's just a Discord now from the looks of it.

I'm guessing it's mostly populated with Fallout 4 redditors now.
They are fighting over editing certain pages on the wiki like Shady Sands and others...

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Aside from some very special circumstances, a nerd is defined by not having pride.
That’s the pride talking
He's gotta be joking...
Many of the nerds who made our beloved games are defined by their pride, they got high off their own farts.
Just look at John Romero...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom