Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cadaver, The Immortal, Hillsfar...

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Heroes of the Lance
1100034-heroes_of_the_lance_2.gif

:bounce:

but seriously many of the games mentioned here have cool graphics (I especially love Elmira and Waxworks, genuinely creepy)
Waxworks-london-01.png

Waxworks-graveyard-02.png

Waxworks-london-00.png

Al-Qadim looks like a zelda clone in persia

3d43e804c8ce33ec6ce6c0010445dd53805bbfc8dd91291c601a1ef5f3dab7ad_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I just finished first level of Cadaver to refresh my memory. It's still as fun as I remember it. It has some bad parts. For example UI could be better and throwing stones are pretty derpy weapon with their arc. Saving games for gold is not my favorite mechanic as well, but I understand its merits. Also it makes all dungeon treasures useful instead of just "1343 points collected!"
Puzzles are interesting, but not too impossible, there is some sort of reason for dungeon layout and there are a lot of obscure things that you could do. Some "side quests" bring additional items, there are several solutions for some quests and, after all, dragon is hilarious.

By the way, does anyone have full Cadaver manual? My version of Cadaver: Payoff requires protection codes and I could not find them anywhere. It's apparently 5-digits numbers in some sort of grid (H 34, for example).

Haven't tried this, but maybe it helps
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=62523

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom