Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

C-evo

Barbader

Novice
http://www.c-evo.org/

Some notable differences between C-evo and Civilization II are:

* C-evo is completely deterministic: Its only randomness lies in what the map looks like and where each player starts. Player's decisions will always yield the same result. For example, if a player were to save their game to reload it a hundred times before attacking an enemy unit, the player's unit would either die in its attack a hundred times, or it would kill the enemy unit a hundred times.
* C-evo AIs play by the same rules as humans and cannot cheat behind the scenes. The game does not distinguish between AI and human players
* In C-evo, only a few advances immediately "unlock" unit designs (allowing construction of such units). All other unit designs are specially made by the player with trade-offs allowed between qualities (for example, mobility vs. attack power). Scientific advancement generally allows for stronger units and more options. Designing a unit costs research points, which must be channeled from general research into unit development. In Civilization II, units are simply made available for construction when their required advances are made.
* Building the spaceship requires scarce special resources. Without access to territory containing these resources, the game cannot be won.
* Unlike Civilization II, the player can not immediately apply advances traded from other nations. Additional research is necessary to achieve the new technology.
* Unlike Civilization II, irrigation does not require a nearby sea or river.

Any of you tried this? Opinions?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried. It's fun. I'm used to the eye-candy and eas to use interface of Civ4 though, that's why I didn't play it for long. It's a nice Civ2-clone, though, and even manages to be better in several aspects. Download it and try it, it's free, so there's no reason not to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom