Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

C&C first decade

oherror

Liturgist
just picked it up as a what the hell move like how you get all 12 games, also like how its only 35 bucks. Havent played the original c&c in so long it brings back memories ah good times...so has anyone else gotten it too?

Lurkar

Scholar
The technology of peace!
Peace through power!
One people! One purpose!
KANE LIVES IN DEATH!

Section8

Cipher
Sole Survivor is fucking great, because it's THE classic example of "oh shit, we didn't really think this design through." At least Westwood had the good sense to abandon it, and if I remember rightly, offer it up as a free download.

Bethesda or Bioware on the other hand, would have hyped the shit out of just how exciting it is to play C&C with a single unit, released it with easter eggish snarky comments about their crap design, refused to admit any failings, and release pay-to-play addons for it.

Well, that's not entirely fair, because the Elder Scrolls games sound fucking awesome on paper, whereas Sole Survivor never sounded anything but really fucking stupid.

LaDoushe

Scholar
Is the repackaged C&C of a decent resolution, like it was on the mac, or is it the uber-primitive IBM one?

Psilon

Erudite
I assume it's the Windows 95 version of C&C, which ran at 640x480. At least, that's the version in the older Theater of War pack.

oherror

Liturgist
LaDoushe said:
Is the repackaged C&C of a decent resolution, like it was on the mac, or is it the uber-primitive IBM one?

its retailored so everything runs on xp. As far as res not sure i think its 800 by 600 for the old stuff but i dont really care so long that they dint hange anything else....which they ddnt.

ah just rebeat the orignial c&c now on to red alert......

Lurkar

Scholar
Also, you can play what is easily one of the worst FPSers in history: Renegade.

Let's look at the amazing variaty of weapons.

Assult rifle.
lLazer Rifle.
CHEMICAL rifle.

Kairal

Novice
I really wouldn't buy this. Maybe it's just me but I have serious problems with 5 or so of the 12 games. Disappointingly the ones I actually bought it for tend to be the ones with problems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom