Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

C&C 4 to require internet to play

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009 ... ternet.ars

C&C 4 is not an MMO in the sense of World of Warcraft, but conceptually it has similar principles for being online all the time,

O god.

In fact, in a prior interview, Designer Samuel Bass claimed "as a nice side effect, since C&C4 requires players to be online all the time in order to prevent cheating, we'll be shipping without any form of DRM."

HAHAHAHA

catfood

AGAIN
That'll show those filthy pirates.

Don't actually care about it, I never really liked the C&C series anyways. I found the interface kinda awkward.

skyway

Educated
hoodoo said:
In fact, in a prior interview, Designer Samuel Bass claimed "as a nice side effect, since C&C4 requires players to be online all the time in order to prevent cheating, we'll be shipping without any form of DRM."

HAHAHAHA

Digital rights management or Digital Restrictions Management, he doesnt specify.

I'm sure it will be only a temporary annoyance, appropriate patches will be available within two weeks from release.

Vortexx

Novice
So people will just set up private servers like they do for all the other online games.

kris

Arcane
Vortexx said:
So people will just set up private servers like they do for all the other online games.

Probably won't even need that, unless the game is 100% online.

Luzur

Good Sir
The Vanished One said:
I'm sure it will be only a temporary annoyance, appropriate patches will be available within two weeks from release.

two weeks? try two hours after release.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
I nearly barfed up my Schnitzel when I had to go online for Bioshock once.
So, thanks, not interested, not even if I were interested, which I'm not as the franchise turned to shit about 10 years ago.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And this is going to stop piracy exactly *how*?
There are hacks for MMOs to make them work in offline single player mode, so...

Turok

Erudite
Hey mom the new game you bough is telling me that i need internet.
Sorry son, we use the money for pay the internet for buy you C&C 4.

:D

racofer

Thread Incliner
Turok said:
Hey mom the new game you bough is telling me that i need internet.
Sorry son, we use the money for pay the internet for buy you C&C 4.

:D

BUT MOM I WAAAAANNNNNTTTTZZZZZZZ BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

erik-theodore-cartman-3.jpg

1eyedking

Erudite
After the rape that C&C 3 was to the original C&C and Tiberian Sun, I frankly couldn't care less about the future of the series at the hands of EA.

Let the violation continue, I've grown comfortably numb.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
Not C&C Generals 2? Screw it.

Generals has as much in common with C&C as Fallout 3 with Fallout, I have no idea why EA insisted on putting the "C&C" in the title. Purely for marketing reasons, most probably.

After the rape that C&C 3 was to the original C&C and Tiberian Sun, I frankly couldn't care less about the future of the series at the hands of EA.

My thoughts exactly. The "tiberian" storyline ended with Firestorm for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom