Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bug Reports

Technomancer

Liturgist
For some reason you can set the power into negative values for dormitories.

TitanOutpost_2024-03-29_11-20-19-67.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
In an encounter where your rover gets broken and you become stranded and summon the chinese for help there is an infinite XP exploit.

For some reason when the china guy fixes your crap game rewards you with 10 XP. Guy then tries to walk off to his car but you can just talk with him again resetting the convo and XP.

infinite_xp.png

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
There is a bit of a bug with random hazard event. The one where there is a leak in the base you need to fix. For some reason it triggers on some saves when you load them. Like, you at one point do a quicksave where nothing happens. And if you reload to it, the event always triggers no matter what despite not being there at the time of saving. Something is borked.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Kuo negotiation sequence is bugged. Whatever option you choose first, games treats as success no matter what and disregarding context.

Same bug when you try to convince Ekta to help Rutger.

Of course her very first check is also bugged in the same way. Where you try to convince her to give you an extra person for the base. This is a "failed" charm attempt.

TitanOutpost_2024-03-31_14-13-04-35.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
If you put your cursor on generator output the UI bugs out and shows wrong value.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_03-52-14-92.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Weird bug with Daxia. If you recruit her to outpost but then reload an outpost save really far away (in my case it was near the beginning of the game) she will still remain in the roster. Back then I didn't even find the chinese base yet.

dax.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Pretty sure Polelya Macula map icon is bugged. Its the only one in game so far that doesn't turn green after being explored and remains grey forever.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_04-16-23-06.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Kivu Lacus also likely has borked area entry spawn. You start too far away from your rover, in cold water which rapidly saps your coldsuit's energy. Looks off and makes no sense.

kivu_lacus.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Situ Yan-Sen negotiation icon is bugged. After you leave the convo it remains on screen and will follow the player around until you click it.

yan.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Stranded chinese vehicle. Fairly certain Physical 8 is a technical info that should not be shown to player since stat thresholds on failed checks are hidden in all other instances in the game.

TitanOutpost_2024-03-31_15-23-30-77.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Crashed satellite location has dual music bug. When you leave the rover, two tracks will play at the same time.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_05-50-23-66.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Something is borked with Daxia. For some reason she starts to slide around the base following the main character.

UK48h30Ssu.gif

Technomancer

Liturgist
Broken quest and dialogue logic. I just finished setting up space elevator for chinese nitrogen, came for a reward and after receiving it, Ling again asks to use our space elevator for no reason.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_07-09-03-14.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
When you walk between EMP machine you constructed and rover, there is a bugged construction sound playing out.

broken_sound_effects_when_walking_between.png

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
The EMP parts are not getting deleted from inventory when you construct the machine.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_09-55-58-04.png

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Stranded vehicle, the blue coffee barrel you fish out of the pool disappears once you loot it. The nuclear barrel laying beside it has so no such issues.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_09-35-04-15.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Dialogue conditions are not shared between base Ling and long range communication Ling. I already asked Ling about radar data when I visited the chinese base.

radra.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Karen gave me a mission to visit crashed satellite site. Once I did I contacted her and had a dialogue option to report about it to her which I didn't choose. I exited dialogue and saved. On reload, the option was permanently gone for no reason.

visited_the_sattelite_option_gone.png

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
If you put your cursor on generator output the UI bugs out and shows wrong value.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_03-52-14-92.png
That's not a bug, that displays Watt Thermal as opposed to electrically converted watts. It's explained when you hover over the thermometer icon.

Busy fixing the rest. :)

Technomancer

Liturgist

Thanks, reporting them is tedious and draining as fuck. But you know why I am doing it so on some level appreciate it. And knowing that you suffer restores some mental energy in me :?

That's not a bug, that displays Watt Thermal as opposed to electrically converted watts. It's explained when you hover over the thermometer icon.

I see, pretty obscure but if its explained in game, its alright.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Watt Thermal as opposed to electrically converted watts
Speaking of which, is this thing Horst talks about correct or a left over from an early idea? Maybe I maxed out, but maybe its not implemented because I do not see any stat changing with new computers built.

node.png

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Stranded chinese vehicle. Fairly certain Physical 8 is a technical info that should not be shown to player since stat thresholds on failed checks are hidden in all other instances in the game.
Settings > gameplay > show skill thresholds.

Disable it to make the checks always hidden. If it's enabled you can see checks. Not all, but those that heavily gate content.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer

Thanks, reporting them is tedious and draining as fuck. But you know why I am doing it so on some level appreciate it. And knowing that you suffer restores some mental energy in me :?
I really appreciate it, though. Even though it seems like nitpicking at times, it's exactly the kind of feedback I need for a level of polish that is impossible to achieve in a sprawling non-linear game like this without a massive QA budget (and even then). Even years after release. It's daunting, but thanks a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom