Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BROS I AM HAVING TO MUCH FUN WITH REPULIC THE REVOLUTION

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
I MEAN THIS GAME IS ALL CONSOLETARD AND SHIT BECAUSE IT HAS THE THREEDEE ENGINE AND ALL THAT BUT IT IS SO HARDCORE I THINK MY EPENIS IS HUGE NOW??!?! TRUE STORY I BOUGHT THIS SHIT 5 YEARS AGO AND DID NOT PLAY IT TILL THIS WEEK

REALLY THOGH ANYONE ELSE LIKE THIS GAME I AM PLAYING IT ALOT NOW THE INTERFACE IS TUFF NOT SHITTY I MEAN TUFF BUT IT CAN BE KINDA FUN ANYWAYS MY SECREST POLICEMAN TOTALLY FUCKS UP THE COCKSUCKER PREESTS AND LIBERAL DOOSHBAGS!!!!

L'ennui

Magister
I liked it when I bought it after it came out. I never got too far into it, because it was buggy as hell on my system. It's a novel and interesting game, though.

puke

Novice
yeah, this thing was a chore. i wanted to like it, and tried to play it for hours. but it is in permanent real time and the clock is always running. you can pause, but you cant do anything while paused.

it took me several days of game time to figure out how to move my guy around the map and have meetings with people, then i couldnt tell what the result of those meetings was.

It shows promise, but has crap controls and crap interface and crap documentation.

it basically has absolutely nothing on Liberal Crime Squad, which is in fucking ASCII but still manages to knock this games socks off in all measureable ways.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
A great concept, but the developer bit off more than they could chew. I think the problem is that they spent way too much time with creating the 3d world, and didn't think hard enough how to make a game. They released it with sloppy, inadequate, rushed and untested gameplay mechanics, went bust soon after and could never realize the potential of their idea.

Phelot

Arcane
I bought it when it came out. I remember reading a BBC article on it. Apparently the developers wanted to do a lot more with it, but ended up dumbing it down quite a bit.

Basically, you meet with different civic leaders and try to get them on board your party. You try and influence the people into supporting you.

In the end, everything is just a mini game if I recall correctly and you end up watching a lot of scenes you don't have control over.

What's funny is when you send a thug to intimidate someone and he fucking fails to hit them hard enough.

Anyways, Blobert is a fucking genius. Hey Blobert I'd pick you for my volleyball team NO HOMO

spectre

Arcane
The next game by the same guys, Evil Genius is a p.cool James Bond spoof.
Nice if you like to watch purdy animations and like Dungeon Keeper.
May be a bit shallow on the overmap gameplay, though.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
I blame spectre for mentioning anti-retardo terms like "Evil Genius" and "Dungeon Keeper".

@topic
Shallow, repetitive, buggy.. as we agreed on already I guess.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Hawaii-Aleutian standard time?

58531076.jpg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
THIS IS MY FINAL REVIEW FOR CODEX BROS>>!>!>

IT IS WORTH THE TEN DOLLARS I SPENT WHILE DRUBNK ON VACATION CAUSE I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY JUST BOGUGHT ANOTHER DRINK AND GOPT ARRESTED AT THE MALL

THE CONCEPT IS COOL BUT GAMEPLAY SHIT GETS REPITIVE IF MY PC HAD A MORE COMFORTABLE CHAIRE I MIGHT HAVE PLAYED IT MORE ANWAYS IT HELD MY ATTENTION FOR A COUPKLE OF WEEKS???? TRY IT IF YOU HAVE PATIENTS TO LEARN SOME OBSCURE SHITTY ASS INTERFACE

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
OH AND NO BUGS FOR ME MAYBE I BOUGHT IT IN 2006 OR SO NMAYBE IT WAS FIXED I DIDN'T USE ANY PATCHES

Multi-headed Cow

BRO I HEARD THIS IS A GAME ABAOUT ELECTONS BUT IS THAT RIGHT ITS NOT SET IN AMERICA? I MEAN IF YOUR GOING TO MAKE A FANTASY GAME AT LEAST DO BETTER THAN THAT BECASE THAT IS JUST LAZY

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
GOOD TO SEE ANOTHER BRO!!!11 I MEAN THIS GAME IS SET IN EUROPE AND SHIT WHERE THERE IS CORROPTION THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN AMERICA

Multi-headed Cow

OH THATS COOL ITS LIKE THEY ARE HAVING AN AMERICAN REVOLUTION ON THEIR OWN?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
NO WAY BRO GOD WANTED AMERICA TO HAVE A REVUTLION YOU ARE JUST DOING IT CAUSE YOU JUST WANNA FUCK PEOPLE UP AND THEY KILL PEOPLE AND SHIT IN AMERICA JESUS MADE EVERYTHING GOOD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom