Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Broderzone solicitation at RPGDot

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BorderZone

<a href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A> has put up an <A href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=778">interview</a> with the guys doing <a href="http://int.games.1c.ru/borderzone/">BorderZone</a>, another Russian made CRPG.. Only this one is an action CRPG set so far in the future, it's got magic and stuff. Ummm.. Yeah. Here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>RPGDot: The setting is described to take place 9000 A.D., but all screenshots so far look and feel like a classical fantasy RPG. Are there sci-fi levels also or more common, what different areas are there?
<br>
<br>
Sergey Gerasev:</b> The game takes place in 9,000 AD and it really looks like some fantasy world. But actually it is the future of Earth or Terra, how the natives call their planet.
<br>
<br>
On the planet Terra the past and the future have blurred. The tales of the great catastrophe, the Collapse, have been passed down for generations, although the details have faded. Most of the elders speak of a time, six or seven thousand years ago, when people possessed unprecedented power over Nature with an ancient, now forgotten, witchcraft known as "Science." They tell tales of when men could fly in the air, swim under water and even traveled to Selena, feats only the most rare magicians on Terra can still perform. The gods of ancient times grew angry and could no longer stand man's arrogance. So came the Collapse - mankind's "Science" was turned against them and as a result billions of people died.
<br>
<br>
The game begins in Taria, the northern province of Kammir, where the local system of chronology records the year as 3285.
<br>
<br>
However as soon as BorderZone is a mixture of a fantasy and sci-fi RPG there will be a scenario twist in the game. What you see on the screenshots is only a part of the game. There will be also some hi-tech locations, ultramodern weapons and even a bio-robot manufacturing facility.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Did I mention that you play a guy named <i>Olaf</i>. It's true!
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Garrett</b>!
<br>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Come on, Prince of Persia and The Last Express were good. Anyone played the second one? One of the best adventure games I've seen.

Psilon

Erudite
Yeah, Prince of Persia, Lode Runner, Snoggle, seventy Carmen Sandiego games (which were fun until they started recycling areas)...

I never played The Last Express, but if it's as good as you say I'll just let it cancel out Myst.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom