Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bring back imbedded quotes.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It's been a couple of weeks and imbedded quotes are still not back in. What I'm talking about are how when you used to quote someone you would get their whole post, including quotations of previous members. Now you get only what they've posted, which means you need to edit in the old quotes manually if you want to make sense of some of the things they've said. Taluntain says that all "sensible" forums are this way now because of database space. Don't listen to Taluntain, DU. It was perfect the way it was before because it's easier to remove unnecessary quotes than it is to add them back in. We don't want to be just another shitty forum do we?

If you agree, brofist.

Shitposter
I just noticed it today but I'm not sure if I disagree or not. On the one hand, the way it was before gave us more functionality. On the other hand, it made way for laziness in terms of writing up a reply. I can easily take bunch of quotes and write one-liners in response to each but...if I have to deal with just that one post, that one general idea of what the user is trying to say, it may force me to think harder and write more.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I still haven't had even one circumstance where I wanted them back in yet. Though I wouldn't really care as long as it's an option to set in profile. But deleting a half dozen nested quotes from a split up reply was annoying as fuck. The editor constantly highlights too much shit when I try to select things to delete.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm pretty sure they can limit the number of nested quotes to avoid huge chains. I think just 2 would be alright.

SoupNazi

Brofist DamnedRegistrations if you disagree with Dick.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's been a couple of weeks and imbedded quotes are still not back in. What I'm talking about are how when you used to quote someone you would get their whole post, including quotations of previous members. Now you get only what they've posted, which means you need to edit in the old quotes manually if you want to make sense of some of the things they've said. Taluntain says that all "sensible" forums are this way now because of database space. Don't listen to Taluntain, DU. It was perfect the way it was before because it's easier to remove unnecessary quotes than it is to add them back in. We don't want to be just another shitty forum do we?

If you agree, brofist.
Why sir, I do believe you mean embedded.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member

If you agree, brofist.
Why yes, yes he does.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member

If you agree, brofist.
Why yes, yes he does.
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member

If you agree, brofist.
Why yes, yes he does.
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO
First person to make a quote pyramid that breaks the forum gets perma-banned. And we can keep you out for good this time.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

If you agree, brofist.
Why yes, yes he does.
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO
First person to make a quote pyramid that breaks the forum gets perma-banned. And we can keep you out for good this time.
How about the second person?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

If you agree, brofist.
Why yes, yes he does.
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO
How about the second person?
Ahh this is better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom