Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brian Fargo twitter

likaq

Arcane
So I ask a few long time friends at publishers to tweet about the #Wasteland #kickstarter as a favor and they refuse to help. Disappointing.

Let there be no doubt it can only be the fans that can make a #wasteland 2 happen

I want to bring back the wonderful kind of RPG's that were made in the 90's. Old school baby...

I think anyone who wanted a proper #Fallout sequel that was more like the first two will he very happy with our direction with #Wasteland.

Help! I can't see anything because my monitor is covered in cum!!!

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I just want a game that is fun to play. Fuck. Please don't HIGH-LARIOUS + XTREME this one up, Fa(r)go.

Renegen

Arcane
So first he says the game will be like Wasteland and now he says the game will be like Fallout? Give yourselves a shake, because the two games are radically different in terms of graphics, engine and what it can do. Which type of game will it be? The guy's just as much of a liar like any dudebro trailer. He has decades worth of experience as a CEO and marketing guru, he knows exactly what to say to get people hyped up. To me it's pretty clear he will try to have the hardcore fans fund a game that he will ultimately try to bring to a wider audience.

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah this is a little confusing. It's not like there's anything wrong with a game that is like a true Fallout 3, but if it's supposed to be a Wasteland sequel like he keeps harping on about then I don't know. That makes he sound like he just wants to make Fallout 3 by a different name.

MMXI

Arcane
So first he says the game will be like Wasteland and now he says the game will be like Fallout? Give yourselves a shake, because the two games are radically different in terms of graphics, engine and what it can do. Which type of game will it be? The guy's just as much of a liar like any dudebro trailer. He has decades worth of experience as a CEO and marketing guru, he knows exactly what to say to get people hyped up. To me it's pretty clear he will try to have the hardcore fans fund a game that he will ultimately try to bring to a wider audience.
Well, most of the people on the Wasteland forum are people who haven't played Wasteland and want a proper Fallout 3. Lots of people are suggesting ideas to make it more like Fallout rather than Wasteland. Some have suggested having a single character and others have suggested the use of Fallout's colour scheme. Perhaps he's already being influenced?

Johannes

Arcane
How could you even make a Wasteland 2 today that wouldn't resemble Fallout in some form? I don't see what's the problem with that statement.

Morkar Left

Fallout was the spiritual successor to Wasteland. If they wanted to make it EXACTLY like Wasteland they could have done it already with Fallout. And I think it's pretty clear that it can't be a carboncopy of Wasteland. Personally I expect something like Fallout just with some JA2 put in. Actually, I hope it will have a lot of JA2 in it.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just hope the game will remain top down. Otherwise, I'll be so pissed off I'm not sure I'm even going to donate. Wasteland isn't Fallout. I don't need Fallout 3, I need Wasteland 2. Fallout fans can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I think anyone who wanted a proper #Fallout sequel that was more like the first two will he very happy with our direction with #Wasteland.

1321763728139.gif

Not gonna happen, dudes, not gonna happen...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's nothing wrong with having faith or being naive when it comes to a genre you're passionate about. Let's all pray for a little miracle.

likaq

Arcane
So I ask a few long time friends at publishers to tweet about the #Wasteland #kickstarter as a favor and they refuse to help. Disappointing.

Let there be no doubt it can only be the fans that can make a #wasteland 2 happen!

likaq

Arcane
First post has been updated. Every future message from Fargo will be added to first post.

circ

Arcane
That's enough for one coder to live in luxurious accomodations between a hookers oversized buttocks for 10 years and still produce a playable game between coke snorts.

Also, regarding concept art. You should have pulled something better than that, as that's essentially just a reproduction of a valley in China, which name I forget.

curry

Arcane
Shouldn't this asshole get the funding first and and then hire people? Just saying :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom