Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Brian Fargo interviewed by Rocket Beans TV and GameStar at Gamescom 2016

strange that the interviewer didn't jump on the chance to ask him about the gamescom Torment "leak". it's basically the biggest story out there on ToN

We made a mistake that we did not get other interviewers into the story of our misunderstanding. Would be a lot of fun!
Someday, we can only hope to be Tier 1 Professional Gaming Journalists as Rocket Beans TV :M

Most of those loser's videos gets about 10 k views. Matt Barton gets usually about 3 k views. :M

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This is not very prestigious... I also hope that fucking radial Ui doesn't make its way to pc, even tho the existing one is already pretty mediocre.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Full screen radial menu will be great! Just like Deus Ex:IW and Mass Effect!

They should take a page from IW and the first Fallout and make the UI part of your character. Imagine if it was a numenera implanted in your eye!

Mustawd

We should have just pretended not to see Techland's email that canceled our interview and then just show up all enthusiastic-like.

Melcar

Arcane
We should have just pretended not to see Techland's email that canceled our interview and then just show up all enthusiastic-like.
It would have been awesome too watch our Codex rep. being tackled by security and thrown out. Imagine all the mad street cred we would get.

Mustawd

Somehow, I don't think Bubbles's presence would incite security tackling him. Now Darth Roxor on the other hand...

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
18:20 The Codex question, sort of, about the console versions.

According to Fargo, the designers didn't even know that there would be a console version and focused on creating a game for PC's only.

Mustawd

According to Fargo, the designers didn't even know that there would be a console version and focused on creating a game for PC's only.

Lol wut?

Architects didn't even know there was gonna be a second story
Scientists didn't even know there was no control variable
Firefighters didn't even know there was gasoline in the hose instead of water
Doctors didn't even know the patient was already dead

Da fuck is that answer?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I don't know what you're getting at. The people creating the game didn't know that there would be a console version, since the decision to port it came later.

Mustawd

I don't know what you're getting at. The people creating the game didn't know that there would be a console version, since the decision to port it came later.

My point is that it's a horrible way to run a project. How did they not know?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Many games get ported to consoles after the PC version is finished, so how is this a horrible way to run a project? In fact, it's much better for the Codex feelz that the console decision came much later and could not have influenced the PC version.

Mustawd

goddamn it. Post #34 was edgy as fuck and funny. Da fuck is your problem being a wet blanket already?

:troll:

EDIT: I thought this was a new Torment drama thread. I guess not.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Am I the only one who isn't :butthurt:about this game being also for consoles? If anything it should make the game run faster the way it did with WL2 Director's Cut which is a VAST improvement over the vanilla version

SniperHF

Arcane
Am I the only one who isn't :butthurt:about this game being also for consoles?

I'm not all that :butthurt: about the game being on consoles per se, however I wouldn't have given them a dime if they pitched it as such because I don't give money to make console games a thing. Well now I do apparently :M

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How did they not know?
They knew they were porting to console for sure. At least Fargo knew.

The choice for turn-based gameplay wasn't innocent. It allowed them to use Wasteland 2's programming, which allows porting to consoles. If this was RTwP, it would not have been possible. Plus we "grognards" were happy about it.

A masterful stroke.

Mustawd

My only problem with this going to consoles is the overall shitiness of the messaging from inXile of PC first, etc etc. Larian's console port of D:OS felt like a genuine "Hey let's port this thing. Why not? PC version did well" moment. However, inXile's decision to go to consoles felt slimy and underhanded.

In order for the Codex to be there , a list with the following questions were mandatory :

- were did you start making games? ;
- could you have done the game without Kickstarter?;
- how has Kickstarter helped interacting with people;
- do you plan to make other Kickstarter games;
- all the text is going to be voiced ?:hahano:;
- what does one life matter ?:dealwithit:

It's seems to me that in today's gaming industry, you don't need to know how to create a good game, you just need to be good at math.

"The first play through is about 70 hours, but you only see 60℅ of the game's content, 43℅ of the NPC's and 71% of the side-quests.
But, if you play as a human-elf-HIV positive-Tank character you'll see only 47℅ of the game's locations and you can anally rape only 24.21℅ of the trees in the northern forest.
But, if you'll get the why-the-fuck-this-purple-sword-looks-like-my-wife-dildo which gives you an amazing +7 to your facial beard you can accomplish the game in about 18 hours and see about 38℅ of the game's content.

What the fuck?!?!?!

Well, actu

Lol wut?

Architects didn't even know there was gonna be a second story
Scientists didn't even know there was no control variable
Firefighters didn't even know there was gasoline in the hose instead of water
Doctors didn't even know the patient was already dead

Da fuck is that answer?

Well actually, as a projects manager in real life, this shit happens all the time.
Big decisions sometimes made at the last phase of a project.

But to say the programmers didn't knew and Brian was the only one who knew about this possibility - well, that is a big fucking lie.

And to take a PC oriented game and "adjust" it to the console world takes time.
Of course, it depends on the project complexity and how "Console-friendly" is the project before the adjustments.

But when Fargo pitch it as "zero time" change.
That's the lie.
And I don't understand why to lie about it?!

"Torment was made to PC only, but after the sucsess of Wasteland 2 on consoles, I though why not bringing Torment to consoles too?"
"We know how to do it, so there's little risk, and we can make more money".
"And in the end of the day, if people think that Torment was amazing, with that extra money from the consoles we can start the production of Torment 2.5..."

Brian, just say the truth. most of us are grown-ups... Or retards... But we all know that to make games you need money!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom