Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bradylama's Fallout Iron Man Challenge!

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So Fritz fights his way through Vault 15, until he gets to the elevator... wait, what? Noone said anything about ropes! Fritz is beginning to doubt the Overseers wisdom.

fritz03vk2.jpg

So, back to this settlement Fritz saw on his way to Vault 15. Oh yeah. Rope. With that, Fritz can finally explore Vault 15 fully only to end up at a pile of rubble. What a drag.

So, back to Shady Sands.. again. Realizing this will take much longer than he'd hoped, Fritz decides to take a look around, see what he can learn and what equipment or other help he can get.

To make a long story short, Fritz deals with radscorpions and raiders. He was smarter than his brother Hans and picked the raiders off one by one from the edge of their camp. It was kinda cute how they tried to reach him with their knives and spears and died once they got close.
A little strange issue occurred here. Fritz didn't get XP for "freeing" Tandi, probably because he visited the Raider's camp before she was kidnapped in the first place, and had picked the lock of her cell already. In hindsight, that wasn't terribly helpful either.

fritz04ry9.jpg

Turns out, she doesn't really mean anything. Fritz would've thought she'd be more grateful. :(

Oh well. After recruiting Ian, Fritz considers returning to Vault 13 for a lack-of-progress report and maybe a little more equpiment. The Overseer really sent him out unprepared.

fritz05lp2.jpg

This could've went a whole lot better. Fritz thought some Mentats would help to talk them out of their foolish adventurous plans. These people have no idea of what the surface is like!
Fritz didn't want to kill anyone, but Ian didn't have any such qualms. Trigger-happy fool!

fritz06mb8.jpg

At least a little something went right. Fritz apprehended the water thief, earning gratitude and, more importantly, another level!

Oh, and I also found that Red Rider LE BB Gun:
bobscarswy2.jpg

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Hmm? No, actually not. I got addicted when I took my first Mentat in the Vault, and the withdrawl didn't kick in until Junktown, where I was treated to some dumb dialogue.

Or do you mean because I'm not addicted in the last screen? That's actually out of order. I got the Red Rider LE on my second trip to Vault 15.

Sodomy

Scholar
The (rather short) adventure of asshole!

charsheetoo1.jpg

Made it through the caves easily
caveshg6.jpg

Was an asshole in Shady Sands
beinganassholets9.jpg

assholeresponseer2.jpg

Went to Junktown, went to Doc Morbid's basement. Tried to raid the locker, aggro'd the midget
midgetfu6.jpg

:( Things didn't go so well when I left the basement. No screenshot, but I got owned by the guards. Apparently, taking on the Junktown guards with no armor is a bad idea.

vd_tombstone.jpg

This leads me to wonder how practical Ironman-ing with an evil character is. It seems unlikely that one could take on Killian and his guards without some leather armor... and getting the cash for some leather armor that early on would be difficult.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
wow wtf, my game crashed when i killed some guy at the New Reno Boxing ring. ARGH. my last save is hours back Grrr!!!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Sodomy said:
Apparently, taking on the Junktown guards with no armor is a bad idea.
Junktown guards or just the 2 doctor's guards upstairs? My Shithead character killed the two just in a leather jacket, but hiding behind one of the walls and then using burst fire from point blank. From one of the guards you can scavenge leather armor iirc.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Dirtbag rescues his kidnapped tribe!

But first...

He gets that combat armor from Vault 13, sell some loot in San Francisco and barely manages to afford the final implant back in Vault City.

Now he heads out to redding where he kills a lot of wanamingos in the mine.

ss150.jpg

He finds an excavator chip along the way and later sells it to marge lebarge. Once he kills all of those damn wanamingos he returns to the mayor to sell back the mine ownership.

Now Dirtbag heads out to New Reno where he becomes a prizefighter boosting his damage resistance to godly levels. The masticator didn't manage to tear of his ear.

ss151.jpg

Now Dirtbag heads back to San Francisco and clears out the tanker along with saving Suzy.

:( Unfortunately Marcus dies from 2 Alien critical hits in a row.

ss152.jpg

He opens the door with the FOB and installs the NavCom parts, he manages to convince Badger to steal some fuel from the Shi. The tanker is off and arrives at the enclave.

ss153.jpg

At the poseidon oil rig Dirtbag finds APA mk.II which makes his damage resistances insanely high. He also manages to survive the electric maze.

ss154.jpg

Dirtbag convinces a scientist to kill a lot of people using FEV.

ss155.jpg

He now goes a level below and blows up the power plant terminal using plastic explosives. As the countdown keeps counting down he injects 19 super stimpak into the president which kills him a minute later.

ss156.jpg

With the presidential pass key Dirtbag escapes to the exit where he meets a squad which doesn't like that bastard Horrigan. Dirtbag easily convinces him to join.

ss157.jpg

Now Dirtbag uses the pass key on the terminal and uses a certain counter insurgency option. The battle with Horrigan starts, he ignores dirtbag and attack either the squad or the turrets. Soon afterwards he dies.

ss158.jpg

:D Dirtbag saves his people and gets the following endings:

Arroyo - use GECK and Vault 13 dwellers join their new coimmunity.
Modoc - Skag-Modoc trading makes them flourish.
Den - Rebecca becomes even richer and turns the Den into a better place
Vault City - Stagnates.
Gecko - I have no idea some stupid bug skipped this one.
NCR - same as Gecko
New Reno - Mordino influence grows due to Jet.
New Reno 2 - same as gecko
Redding - Joins NCR
Vault 13 - Deathclaws eradicated
San Francisco - Shi flourish
Vault 15 - Joins NCR
Broken Hills - Uranium runs out after the conspiracy is stopped

Overall alignment: GOOD
Favorite ending: Arroyo

The kills and stats:

Dirtbag finished the game at level 25 with the perks, sniper, action boy(2), toughness(2), Gecko Skinning, bonus rate of fire, better criticals, dodger, dermal impact assault enhancement, phoenix assault enhancement, vault city training.

Kills before the fight with Horrigan:

ss159.jpg

ss160.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Shit, I learned not to take HP for granted. Fister just died to a burst crit. I was running around with 50 HP in NCR and walked past a bomb situation.

I tried to negotiate with the bomber, didn't work so I decided to punch him twice. When his turn came, he just crit me for 54 dmg in one burst. Stunned me for 5 sec in front of the monitor. :( RIP Fister. He was so close to Lv 15 too T_T

sah

Liturgist
Yay for Dirtbag. I was really hoping he wouldn't die in a random encounter. :)

Sodomy

Scholar
Elwro said:
Sodomy said:
Apparently, taking on the Junktown guards with no armor is a bad idea.
Junktown guards or just the 2 doctor's guards upstairs? My Shithead character killed the two just in a leather jacket, but hiding behind one of the walls and then using burst fire from point blank. From one of the guards you can scavenge leather armor iirc.
Doctor's guards (I was under the impression that they were just two junktown guards that happened to be standing in his office). Same tactic I used, but I didn't even have a leather jacket. Brought one of them down, as well as the Doc himself, but the second one came up to me point blank with his shotgun... that didn't end well for me.

Mr Happy

Scholar
Oh yeah, forgot about this. Dwade died a while ago from two stray shots by Killian, who was a true asstool. I'm to lazy to find the pictures.

vd_tombstone.jpg

RGE

Liturgist
Bashman doesn't believe in luck, and luck doesn't believe in him. But he's strong and sturdy, so he can take it and dish it out. Or at least he will be able to dish it out once he gets his hands on a Gatling Laser. Meanwhile he'll just have to resort to good old fashioned clobbering. Much like he did in the vault when someone noticed his habits of sneaking around and unlocking doors that were supposed to stay locked. Yeah, he doesn't believe that it was bad luck that got him tossed out of the vault.
scr00002-StartingStats.jpg

After cleverly letting himself get bitten by some rats so that he could practise some first aid, he heads east and stumbles upon Shady Sands where he finds a sledge hammer in a shack. He also manages to gather enough bottlecaps to recruit Ian, and with the help of this double-shooting mercenary, Bashman manages to clear the radscorpion caves without any problems. Everyone is mighty pleased, and Jarvis is soon on his legs, since this is the TeamX 1.3 patch. Bashman continues east in order to check out Vault 15, which is being guarded by another one of those radscorpions.
scr00009-Vault15.jpg

The vault is filled with rats, but they rarely see or hear Bashman before his jagged knife is swishing above their heads. And then they usually get shot by Ian, who seems to have no trouble aiming in the darkness. Nevertheless, it's down there that Bashman scores his first critical hit, though I neglected to take a screenshot. Naturally there's no waterchip to be found, but a hunting rifle turns out to be better than a knife, and a black leather jacket certainly looks better than that silly vault suit. Back in Shady Sands they hear that Tandi has gone missing, and apparently the nearby raiders are responsible. Bashman and Ian are on the case, and Bashman casually walks inside the raiders' brick house and unlocks the cell they keep Tandi in. But as he tries to sneak out, Bashman is seen, and is stabbed by a raider's spear. Having already scouted the opposing forces, Bashman knows that it's time to run, but Ian and Tandi seem to think that it's time for a last stand. Bashman manages to drag them along out into the desert anyway, so they all live to tell their tales.
scr00015-AfterTandi.jpg

Before leaving Shady Sands, Bashman uses dynamite from Vault 15 to blow up the entrance to the radscorpion caves, and then he sneaks close to Razlo's bookcase to see what he's hiding there. He manages to pick up quite a collection of medical supplies and literature, without any complaints whatsoever. Lucky village, huh? :D

Junktown is next on the list of places to visit, and before reaching the settlement Bashman calls for a halt out in the desert, where he makes sure that Ian puts away his gun. Wouldn't do to have him shot dead by someone who may take offense, right? :roll:

Once inside the carwreck walls, Killian gets some help with an assassin, Dogmeat finds a new master, and Tycho finds himself an eager student of the arts of survival in the wasteland. Tycho then finds himself recruited to Bashman's posse, and they make short work of Gizmo after securing the evidence against him. Shortly before that, Bashman witnessed a certain bartender shooting a certain Skulz ganger, which netted Bashman a used and bloody leather armor. Better than the jacket, that's for sure. As Bashman is trying to get the inside scoop on the Skulz, he inadvertedly attracts one of them in a bad way, and as he's running away from the violent ganger, his newfound posse starts to shoot up the place. So that was the end of the Skulz. Dead, but not busted.
scr00023-Skulz.jpg

Bashman isn't really that tired, but he still decided to stay a night at the Crash House. In the morning he gets his usual breakfast - raider gone wild. He gets the idea to sneak inside and try to surprise the raider, but tries to do it by talking instead of hitting, which results in the raider saying he's going to kill his hostage. Bashman can't have that, so he quickly leaps into (A)ction before the raider is done speaking. Whereupon the raider pretends to fall down, unconscious. Only to pop right back up again! Forcing Bashman to shoot him unconscious a second time, which unfortunately kills the silly man. Much to the sellbaby's dismay. And Bashman who had such plans for the two of them. (Dang. First time I'd ever seen the option to sneak inside and knock the raider unconscious, and then I botched it by not using combat to do it. And this being ironman, I couldn't very well reload and do it the scripted way. Ironman sucks. :x)
scr00024-CrashHouseRaider.jpg

After taking some advantage of Killian's gratefulness, Bashman & Co continues south, and reach the Hub. There he takes on the daunting task of finding missing caravans, but when the only lead turns out to be a horrifying monster who would surely kill their little group, Bashman decides to explore other opportunities. Such as working for Loxley and his Thieves' Circle for instance. And borrowing 1,000 bottlecaps from Lorenzo. And visiting the hospital... only to be attacked by Jain! She dies in the fight that she started, but Dogmeat is shot up pretty bad before Bashman has managed to drag them all out with him.
scr00034-AfterHospital.jpg

At Mrs Stapleton's bookstore Bashman decides to spend a small fortune on five books about electronics. Because... uh... that really seems like a swell idea! ;)
scr00036-BuyBooks.jpg

He also hears from Jake the Gun Merchant about some Gun Runners down in the Boneyard, who might have what Bashman is looking for. Sure, the Brotherhood of Steel are supposedly even better at guns, but didn't that singer up in Junktown say that they only let caravans inside? And Beth said something about human sacrifices. Clearly they're some kind of religious gun nuts, and not the kind of businessmen that Bashman would want to deal with. Jake is also kind enough to hook Bashman up with a supplier of chemical aids, so Bashman decides to purchase four doses of Psycho. Never know when those might come in handy.

Well, actually, Bashman knew damn well that those Psycho syringes would come in handy when he agreed to work as a guard for the Crimson Caravan. Dogmeat hadn't had much time to heal up until it was time to depart, so when the raiders hit, Bashman injected his canine companion with a Stimpak, which amazingly almost restored the dog to full health. Seeing the lively glare in Dogmeat's eyes, Bashman decided that it would be fun to see the dog tear into the raiders. So he injected a dose of Psycho to keep the dog alive for that purpose.

:( Tycho wasn't so 'lucky' though. Most of the raiders ganged up on him, and he never had a chance to reach for his Stimpaks before he was nothing but meat in the sand.

:( And while the Psycho kept Dogmeat alive for a while, it wasn't nearly enough to save him as he too was surrounded by raiders, their fists swinging, their guns blazing, their spears stabbing. Oh well, it was just a mangy dog after all.
scr00042-DogmeatDeadMeat.jpg

The raiders completely ignored Ian, which was a good thing, since Bashman, who had injected himself with a dose of Psycho, could stand up to the abuse he received. Stimpaks were expended, but in the end the raiders gave up all their loot, which proved to be worth more than the drugs that Bashman had spent on the battle. So, not a bad trip after all.

Arriving in Adytum, Bashman accepts the job to kill the leader of the Blades, and also promises to look for parts for the hydrophonic farms. But before he's doing anything too dangerous he visits the peaceniks at the library, where he's told a story of a Great Glow down south. (I thought Nicole would put The Glow on the map, but that wasn't the case.) At the library he also picks up a chick named Katja, who seems eager to kick ass. When he's done all the scouting he can, it's time to sneak across the deathclaw playground, which is done in a slow and careful fashion. Once on the other side, it's time to do business with the Gun Runners, who do indeed have precisely what Bashman needs. And after agreeing to rid them of the deathclaws he got enough of a discount to afford some extra Micro Fusion Cells.
scr00056-BuyPlasmaRifle.jpg

Sure, he's still dreaming of a Gatling Laser, but as it turns out after he managed to find the parts for the hydrophonic farms, a Plasma Rifle was just the thing that Smitty could turn into a most excellent weapon. Armed with his new Turbo Plasma Rifle, Bashman decides to pay the Blades a visit. And what a surprise! Their leader Razor doesn't just have a different story to tell, she has proof too! Now, if only someone could get rid of those pesky deathclaws so that the Blades could arm themselves with weapons from the Gun Runners, well, then those Regulators could be taught the error of their ways. By golly!

So it's time to kill deathclaws. Bashman figures that he may have to move quickly and quietly, so he leaves Ian and Katja behind when he goes off to hunt his wascally wabbits. To be sure to survive against one of the massive beasts, he injects himself with a dose of Psycho, which turns out to not be a bad idea, but not as necessary as it seemed. Because the shooting goes quite well.
scr00058-Critical2.jpg

scr00060-Critical3.jpg

And once all the deathclaws above ground are dead, Bashman finds the male Mother Deathclaw in an underground lair. In order to get a head start he sneaks up and throws a lit flare on the huge beast, so that it is brightly illuminated as he begins to spit green bolts of plasma at it. That only lasts for a short time, and Bashman is soon forced to retreat from the onslaught - three shots fired, three steps back. And as it turns out, claws are no real match for state of the art firepower.
scr00061-FlareMother.jpg

And after the Psycho has worn off, Bashman is ready to lay claim to his reward. Not trusting the unskilled Blades with such advanced weaponry, Bashman decides to keep it all for himself, or rather, trade it all in for 400 Micro Fusion Cells. Then he brings a certain holodisk over to Jon Zimmerman, but stealthily, so that the Regulators don't notice him. Well, some Regulators do notice him, but they never have time to sound the alarm, so Bashman and his two friends can work their way around the town relatively undisturbed. Caleb didn't even know what hit him.
scr00068-Critical4.jpg

Everyone dances the happy happy freedom dance as Adytum is rid of the Regulators, and Bashman is that many metal armors richer. (Might be a TeamX thing to have every NPC drop the armor they seem to be wearing - I don't remember.) Talking to a mutated former Vault 13 citizen down in the library basement, Bashman hears that Necropolis would be a great place to go to in order to look for a waterchip. Yeah, that water merchant in the Hub said something about that. "What was that again, a waterchip? Let me write that down." When Bashman promises to deal with those mutants in Necropolis, Thalius hands him a flamethrower, which is quickly traded away to the Gun Runners.

Trading in all those metal armors for a real Combat Armor, Bashman soon returns to the Hub, only encountering three mole rats on the way there. Once at the Hub he decides to first help out Irwin with his farm. Because doing altruistic things like that is really what Bashman is all about. Ian may have drooled a bit when he was handed his new pistol. Next up is that deathclaw that was supposed to eat whole caravans. Done and done. Bashman also purchases an old holodisk from Mrs Stapleton, and as it turns out, it finally puts The Glow on his PipBoy map. Not that Bashman really cares, because he's already got what he needs. After agreeing to kill a water merchant for Decker he promptly contacts the sheriff about the whole thing, and together they show Decker who's boss. Kane didn't do a single thing in the first two rounds, and that was all the time the Turbo Plasma Rifle gave him. Ian ended up in the same spot as Deputy Fry, which hurt Fry more than Ian.
scr00079-Critical5.jpg

After cleaning up the Hub, Bashman deigns going to Necropolis, where he steals some stuff from a decrepit hotel before going into the sewers to beat up some more rats. Rats don't deserve plasma. Plasma has to be earned.
scr00082-Critical6.jpg

Pretty soon he comes upon a small group of friendly ghouls, and he agrees to help them fix their pump so that they won't die thirsty after he's appropriated their waterchip.
scr00083-FriendlyGhouls.jpg

Going topside Bashman finds himself in front of Set, the oafish leader of the ghouls. Feeling frisky, Bashman wouldn't settle for a simple "hello", and instead decided that he should either act clueless and ask what happened to Set's face, or insult ghouls in general by saying that Set is pretty smart. For a ghoul, that is. Set seemed to truly enjoy the choice Bashman made, and soon the whole church was partying hard. Ian almost bit it when he charged alone into several spear-carrying ghouls, but in the end everyone who mattered was still breathing.
scr00084-SetHungry.jpg

In the sewers under the watershed the game crashed, and thus Bashman had to kill Decker again. Kane didn't move this time either. Unless it's a bug, one could assume that the poor guy has dumped his Perception, and thus he has so low Sequence that... no, it's only if he starts combat that someone else might get to act twice before he acts. I know that. Must be a bug, because it's always Decker himself who starts with a dinky little throwing knife. Oh well, no surprises.
scr00087-DeckerDeadAgain.jpg

Déjà vu. It happens when they change something in the Matrix. :cool:
scr00088-DejaVu.jpg

Taking full advantage of this extrasensory insight, Bashman decides to choose differently when dealing with Set, and ends up agreeing to kill the super mutants at the watershed. After scouting the area, he leaves Ian and Katja down in the sewers, since they'd otherwise risk running around and getting themselves killed. And as strong as Bashman is, he's not strong enough to lug their shit back to the Hub. Then he reads some books that the friendly ghoul gave him after he found the parts for the waterpump. He thought he'd read until it got dark, since darkness might help him hide from the mutants he was about to kill, but as it turned out, he read those books until it was morning. What a little egghead. Oh well, it proved to be exceedingly easy to snipe super mutants through windows. The only one who lasted long enough to move was Harry, and he didn't last long enough to move more than once.
scr00089-StealthAssault.jpg

The whole thing was done so stealthily that even the game itself failed to recognise that the super mutants had all been killed, with the result that Set didn't realise it either. With the result that Bashman decided to search for his reward on his own, with the result of aggressive ghouls. Ian didn't try to commit suicide-by-spears this time, and most ghouls were shot down where they stood by the sneaky Bashman. Once that was done Bashman descended into the old vault and knocked some glowing ghouls around. With hilarous results. :|
scr00091-CriticalMiss.jpg

Maybe those glowing ghouls should've been dealt with at a distance though, because shortly afterwards Bashman realised that he was a little bit radiated. Nothing serious though. After ripping the working waterchip out of the vault computer, and hearing the working waterpump take over, Bashman headed north. While travelling he decided that he'd really like to shoot plasma even faster than before, but his fingers wouldn't cooperate. What was up with that?
scr00093-NoBonusRateOfFire.jpg

scr00094-NoBonusRateOfFire.jpg

Does not the Sacred Manual clearly state that the perk Bonus Rate of Fire requires 7 Agility, 6 Intelligence, 4 Perception and Level 9? And did not Bashman qualify for all these requirements? Unless TeamX made a little alteration and never told anyone, Bashman will simply have to cry "bug", and I with him. It actually required a dose of Mentats to (later) qualify for Bonus Rate of Fire, which leads me to believe that the Perception requirement is 6-7 rather than a measly 4.

On his way to Shady Sands Bashman decided to pay a little visit to the merry Khans, who all ended up dying where they stood, or walked.
scr00095-Critical7.jpg

After Shady Sands has been taught the marvels of crop rotation, it's time to show Ian and Katja what a vault really looks like. Ian thinks it looks too clean. Bashman amazes himself by successfully calming down a revolutionary faction that he himself actually sympathizes with, and then he ambushes a water thief. He wasn't sure if the thief would turn up after the water chip had been turned in, so he just had to let the vault suffer for another day or so. Justice must be served.
scr00101-BulletInTheHead.jpg

He definitely would, and ended up with lethal damage to vital organs. After being debriefed Bashman is once again sent out into the wastes, this time to destroy all mutants. And their leader too. That Overseer must think very highly of Bashman to think that a single man could take out an entire army. He didn't even give him a bunch of vault citizens to use as cannon fodder. Wouldn't it be worth sacrificing a few for the good of the many? No? Just sacrifice one at a time, eh? Oh well. Bashman remembers that Nicole said something about Nightkin mutants hanging out with the Children of the Cathedral, at the actual Cathedral down south of the Boneyard. So, south then.

Passing through Junktown, Bashman hears another tale of the glorious Glow. Almost made him want to go there, that one. Almost...
scr00105-SaulGlow.jpg

In the Hub Bashman purchases all the books Mrs Stapleton has left, except for the gun rags, since they are of no real use to him. (In the TeamX patch her books don't respawn all the time - there are only 5 of each.) Working as guards for a Far Go Traders caravan, the group encounters a swarm of mantis on their way to the Boneyard, but such tiny creatures are no match to extreme violence. In the Boneyard Bashman seeks out Nicole, and asks for her help in the destruction of the Cathedral. She tells him of a Follower of the Apocalypse spy at the Cathedral, and also promises to send a distraction.

The spy turns out to be this woman, who later responded to Bashman's taunting with ineffective violence. Hard to recall who exactly killed her, but the Followers of the Apocalypse who were sent to distract definitely got a few licks in.
scr00116-FollowerSpy.jpg

While scaling the cathedral tower, a Nightkin Sentry spotted Bashman sneaking past his door, which initiated the fighting. Another Nightkin came marching up the corridor carrying a flamer, but those Nightkin are terribly difficult to see clearly, what with their StealthBoy camouflage and everything.

:( So by a complete accident, Bashman melted Ian.
scr00118-IanMelts.jpg

Katja inherits the .223 pistol, and at the top of the tower Bashman finds some fancy Tesla Coil Armor, which comes in handy whenever he's up against energy weapons. Going downstairs a Nightkin kindly donates a Gatling Laser, which unfortunately turns out to be quite mediocre compared to the Turbo Plasma Rifle. Oh well. It's still fun to cut mutants and people in half. But for precision work, plasma it is.
scr00125-Critical8.jpg

The infested vault under the cathedral is no match to Bashman, Katja and the four Followers of the Apocalypse. After finding the location of a secret base to the northwest, Bashman accidently angers some psychics who prove to be quite resilient, thereby earning a few bolts of plasma. Then he nukes them all from below, because it's the only way to be sure. And there's no Mr Burke to disagree with him.

The Followers of the Apocalypse are quite relieved that 'the children have been driven from the cathedral', and Bashman heads northwest, killing a few raiders and radscorpions on his way. Getting closer to the secret base he and Katja go through the mountains in an attempt to not be spotted by patrols. Once they arrive they easily sneak inside, then lure the guards away with the radio from the dead super mutant in the deathclaw cave. All except the one guard right in front of the entrance. But with his back to the massive door, he doesn't notice Bashman unlocking it with his electronic lockpicks. All goes quite silent until Bashman is forced to kill two mutants in a corridor with prison cells, which is when the alarm goes off. More mutants get killed on the fourth level of the base, before Bashman finally arrives at his destination.
scr00162-UnarmedMan.jpg

He definitely would.
scr00164-Critical9.jpg

Having read enough Big Books of Science, Bashman finally manages to get the hang of the computer, and eventually manages to set the whole place to self destruct. Due to the alarm he has to ambush mutants on his way out, but by now we all know that they die where they stand. Under the influence of a single dose of Mentats, these were his numbers at the end.
scr00170-EndStatsMentats.jpg

:D Katja survived, so together they can sally forth and repopulate the wasteland. No one wants to stay with that moldy old Overseer anyway.

Everyone but the raiders got their good endings, even the Brotherhood of Steel. The Hub didn't get an ending, which is as it should be, apparently.I'm not really proud over any ending, because pride just isn't my thing. I suppose Bashman might take a smidge of pride in the fact that the "Raiders are destroyed"?

Klaz

Scholar
Bradylama said:
Code:
The Wieners
-----------
   Name          Game             Alignment          Gifted           Favorite Ending

1. Meatbag        F1              Good               Yes              Shady Sands becomes NCR
2. Brutilus       F1              Good               Yes              Ghouls become businessmen
3. Mr. Bester     F1              Good?              No               Shady Sands destroyed by raiders
4. Brad           F1              Good               Yes              Shady Sands becomes NCR
5. Boots          F1              Good               No               Ghouls are dead
6. Hotpants       F1              Good               No               Children overrun by the Master's Army
7. Dirtbag        F1              Good               Yes              Arroyo uses the GECK

Hmm... in Dirtbag's place, shouldn't it say "F2"?

trethrv

Novice
Skarslaad takes up the challenge

Greetings greetings,

I have pursued this esteemed thread for some time and have decided to accept the challenge, F2 being a great favourite of mine. I was inspired to roll STINGER, a marshall artist-type fella analogous to a gymnast. Super tough (9) and very smart (8) basically all other stats were low, except luck (6)
However, mere Ironman is not that difficult in F2... most combat can be avoided and the difficulty had to lie elsewhere. Stinger was to be an ironman, pacifist(ish), loner, non-gifted and "non-gun-runner"

*No save/reload (except the glitchy boxing matches... they're different)
*No killing things (even robots or plants)
*No followers
*No trafficking weapons, guns or bullets (bombs and batteries... uh... don't count)

Stinger had taken the following traits:
Small Frame
Finesse (we don't want to actually hurt things, just KO them for a while)

Tags: Unarmed, Speech, Outdoorsman

Long story short: Success!
Sneaking and "sneak-exit-combat-mode"-ing to get away from rats and geckos early on, KO-ing them to rescue Smiley the Trapper (ironically healing one to keep it alive!).

Entering sneak mode to refrain from mortal random encounter action.
Selling dynamite, amrour, drugs and tools for $$$ whilst completing in-town quests.
Uber-jet-enhanced-sneak-in-combat-run-with-psycho into Sierra Army Depot at mid game.
Accidentally being Int 2 (mentat withdrawl) when handing over the vertibird plans to B.O.S boy at San Fran, and finding out that the tanker is Fob'd, Fuel'd and Navcom'd automatically... learning disabilities FTW!
The final highlight was putting on a set of Enclave issue knuckledusters (i.e. vanilla brass knuckles!) and bitch-slapping the smug grin off Horrigan's Power Armoured face...

There is a certain unique satisfaction to be gained from having the ONLY blip on the "kill sheet" being Big Bad Boss___1

Lv 18 end perks:
Bonus HtH attacks
Bonus Move
Dodger
Gecko Skinning
Dermal Impact Armour
Phoenix Armour Implant
Living Anatomy
Vault City Training
Silent Running (most awesome)
Toughness
Expert Excrement Expeditor

Favourite ending: the Shi flourish (I'm not sure why... I just like that one)

I'd love to jump in and participate, but unfortunately the PC I currently have doesn't seem to want to run Fallout or Fallout 2. Damn inverted colors after the intros. And seeing as compatability modes, resolution swaps, and enabling/disabling hardware acceleration doesn't seem to work...I guess I'm out of luck.

RGE

Liturgist
Re: Skarslaad takes up the challenge

trethrv said:
There is a certain unique satisfaction to be gained from having the ONLY blip on the "kill sheet" being Big Bad Boss___1
What? No screenshot even of that? :cry:

I don't really want to see the thread die either, so despite it apparently being abandoned by its creator, I'll just post again. Maybe it's a bad idea to display this many pictures on a single page though? Probably takes forever to load for some people. But it's much more convenient to read once they're all loaded.

Bashman's great great grand-daughter is just as unlucky and unpopular as her reveered ancestor used to be while he lived in his vault. But instead of being a mountain of muscles, she's got eyes and reflexes. Need both if you want to keep your distance to the dangers of the wasteland. She got to fiddle with some of the old weaponry while she was a kid, but it was lost to the tribe when her grandfather took it with him on a hike he never returned from. In her day to day life, Bashful used to rely on throwing rocks at the other kids, which resulted in the whole tribe coming together to throw every single throwable rock in the whole village down into the ravine. So when she eventually left the village on her quest, Bashful had only a sharpened spear and killap's patch rock.
Bashful-Start.jpg

She had also found a sharpened pole inside the Temple of Trials, but that one she managed to throw into a part of the hunting grounds which only geckos could tread upon. Together with a few of the seed spikes from Hakunin's garden. Throwin' ain't easy. :(

In Klamath she had never heard of a place called "The Den", but that sure didn't stop her from talking about it.
Bashful-NoDen.jpg

Rescuing Smiley was tricky. Golden Geckos are fearsome opponents for someone with no armour and no decent combat skills. Throwing a single spear just takes too much time. Just throwing the thing takes time, and then you have to pick it up, and re-equip it. Much better to just use it for stabbing, which works if you can either retreat outside the caves and rest up for a couple of days, or if you've got a big strong trapper with leather armor who can wrestle with the gecko while you stab at it from a safe distance. Which is what Bashful had to do. Twice. That second time she almost killed herself. Well, maybe it wasn't that close, but it was scary all the same! :shock:
Bashful-NearSuicide.jpg

She didn't quite manage to sneak out without being noticed, but since the gecko who noticed her couldn't keep up, she managed to get up the ladder without Smiley getting into another wrestling match. That previous one had already cost her four pouches of healing powder. Though that was mostly because the green goo on the ground caused 2 points of damage every step. I remember that it didn't use to cause damage that often, but rather every fifth step or so. Just getting in to the locker and getting the rubber boots drained 20 HPs, and Smiley's boots melted almost immediately, which probably hurt him more than the geckos did. Either it's my 3 GHz that's causing this, or it's the modified exe-file that killap's patch is using. I fear for what might happen in the Broken Hills mine, which also used to have some kind of timed damage applied every few combat rounds or so.

Bashful decided to spend her reward on paying Sulik's debt, but the ingrate didn't even offer to accompany her to the Den. Obviously all that talk about saving his sister was brahmin dung. And his previous mistress seems to think that Bashful is now in charge of the tribal, which is obviously not the case! He's still there! :o

Down below Trapper Town she killed rats with ease, and it was nice to find many a rock which to throw at them. But then she threw rocks and her sharpened spear at a pig rat, and suddenly her spear was missing. Eaten by those wooden planks on the ground, which also cover the corpse of the pig rat. Aaargh! Fallout 2 fucking sucks! Bashful did some cheesy things involving exit grids and hard-to-kill geckos, but now the cheese is on! :x
Bashful-LostSpear.jpg

Keeng Rat died beneath the ladder. I was hoping Bashful would be able to climb down in combat mode and re-enter combat mode before the rat got a chance to attack, but that never worked, so Bashful had to spend a day or two resting and bandaging her wounds. Cheeeese! :P

In the Den she managed to attract Joey, but he later attacked her when she tried to get a certain locket from him. So he had to die. So sad. I'm afraid that she'll never find another man willing to sleep with her. And even sadder is that I resorted to the walkthrough to find out how to confront Joey about the locket. I mean, I knew he had it, I'd just forgotten how to find out about it. I guess I would've found out about it eventually though. I just didn't fully trust killap's patch I guess. Couldn't find Fred at first either, so I wondered if something had gone wrong. <- Excuses! :P
Bashful-DeadJoey.jpg

She had some fun with one of Joey's friends though. She threw knives at him from far enough away in the darkness that he couldn't see her, or shoot at her, so he just kept running away, yelling for someone to help him. Oh, and she also decided to kill Tubby when one of the kids stole her precious Yellow Reactor Card, which she didn't want to buy back for $91. I think that's where she got the two throwing knives. It must surely have been where she got that Desert Eagle!

Bashful found Vic and gave him his radio, but she didn't feel like paying $1000 for him. So she left him with Metzger and headed for Vault City, since they ought to know about vaults over there. On the way she saw a caravan being attacked by robbers. She helped out by throwing a rock at one of the robbers, a rock which the slaves then picked up and threw at other robbers whenever they could. In the end there was only the trader with an SMG with 13 rounds left, a guard with a hunting rifle with a single round left, and two unarmed slaves. The trader would of course not trade with such a kindhearted character as Bashful, so she began to plot his imminent demise.

She was worried about that SMG he had. since a burst could really hurt, and 13 shots fired individually would definitely hurt a lot. So she decided to be the trader's best friend and treat him to two doses of Jet. Then she tried to bandage her wounds to pass the time, and then she tried to rob him blind. That worked surprisingly well - even when he caught her he didn't attack her. She had to walk right in front of him before he got aggressive. But since he was suffering from the negative side effects of Jet, the poor wretch didn't have the manual dexterity necessary to handle either his SMG or the club he decided to wield. And the guard had only a single round left to fire before he had to resort to fists, which made Bashful the winner of it all. Despite being the worse fighter. Yeah. That Jet-trick is going to be real handy in the future. Mwahahaha. :twisted:
Bashful-JetUsage.jpg

Right before first arriving in Modoc, Bashful found herself walking among barrels of toxic waste, and puddles of glowing goo. And she was surrounded by geckos. Small geckos, tough geckos, golden geckos and fire geckos! Pretty soon she realised that it was best to chug that single ampule of Rad-X she had, and then she carefully managed to outmaneuver the geckos so that she got out without being torched. Afterwards she also decided to hook up her single bag of RadAway to her veins, but that didn't take enough of the radiation away to make her feel safe, even though she didn't feel ill or anything. Well, those bunions on her feet was a little worrisome. Needless to say, with her 'luck', she got addicted to RadAway.
Bashful-ToxicDump.jpg

The first time she left the Ghost Farm she had mysteriously walked off to the southeast. Why? Who knows. After saving Jonny, she got a fancy leather jacket, which Balthus claimed to have created with some kind of new curing process. Strange that it looks just like a pre-war jacket then, and not like, say, a Leather Armor MkII, which one would expect to be the result of a new curing process. Oh well, black is fine too. She also got an assault rifle, a weapon which has received a lot of bad press. But it's not so bad! An unskilled sniper can still shoot a slaver from a relatively safe distance, which is something a weapon such as an SMG couldn't handle, what with its poor range.
Bashful-LeavingGhostFarm.jpg

In the Vault City courtyard Bashful found a fellow stone collector, which also happened to be the only kid she'd been able to barter with. But she wasn't really into rocks any longer.
Bashful-BarterKid.jpg

Hiking between Vault City and Gecko, she encountered a caravan. But the trader was greedy, so Bashful decided to see what she could get away with for free. And she got away with a surprising amount of goodies. And some bullets. Fired from some rifles and such. Yeah. That was the closest she'd come to death in a while. Risky business, and rather than risk it all she used four stimpacks. Would've been nice to get rid of some healing powder, but with the "clouding of the mind", she would probably have ended up being shot at twice as much before making her escape, due to losing too much sequence.
Bashful-Thief.jpg

While mapping the terrain around Gecko, Bashful found a whole cave full of baby deathclaws. Feeling brave, and having a decent amount of ground which to retreat to, she decided to spend some 10 mm JHP. That worked out rather well, and she scored no less than five critical hits on those 18 deathclaws. Which tells me that she might have more than 1% chance to score a critical hit, despite what her character sheet says. Bashman got a total of nine critical hits in his whole career, though two of those happened before a crash. That also seemed high, since I'm pretty sure that he never attacked 900 times. Bashful has gotten a lot more critical hits, both with weapons and while unarmed, doing strong punches, strong kicks and lately, snap kicks. But that's because Fallout 2 has a lot more combat, and unlike Bashman, she doesn't have Ian to shoot every little rat.
Bashful-5thCritical.jpg

On one of her later trips between Vault City and Gecko, Bashful snuck away from a band of robbers who used wild dogs to search for new victims. Bashful was about to do what she always does when she spots humans armed with guns, which is to quietly sneak away and hope that they don't shoot her. But didn't that assault rifle work really well that one time she shot a slaver? Sure it did. Let's shoot a dog! And a dog was shot, and ran after her to be punched to death with spiked knuckles, at a safe distance from the robbers. In fact, all three dogs met that fate. Ok. Time to sneak away. Or... maybe... shoot a robber? Yeah, let's shoot that longhaired guy with the combat knife! Even if he catches up to Bashful she could still run away without being shot dead. Huh. He died before reaching her, and... sneaking away from the robbers who'd followed him wasn't that hard. Yup. Let's play some more! Bashful hid inside the farmhouse and shot at robbers who ran at her, and they died one by one. And even if they didn't, all Bashful had to do was to sneak away and call for a Cease Fire for them to return to their pacing some distance away from the house. Ripe for more sniping.
Bashful-RobberSniping.jpg

Yeah, this turned out to be a great killing method once she got Skeeter to put a scope on the one hunting rifle she didn't trade for books in Vault City. I knew that stealth would be awesome, and having two ranks of Bonus Move also helps. As well as the nigh guarantee than none will get to act twice before it's Bashful's sequence again. Best defense ever is to not even get shot at, and on her way back to the Den she's already bagged herself a gang of slavers. :D

RGE

Liturgist
Oh, here I am again, posting some more in a thread that is just trying to die in peace. :P

After taking care of some business in the Den, Bashful returned to Vault City and parked her Highwayman right outside the gate. Then she headed up to Gecko and found Vault 13 by stepping through a strange stone portal. No, really. She found the Holy Vault 13! Amazing! Such luck! How can this be? But... there was no GECK?! HOW CAN THIS BE?! :cry: (How could you blame people for being primitive tribals when stuff like this happens?)
Bashful-NoGECK.jpg

One trip later she stumbled upon a crashed space shuttle. One of the dead reds had a slightly damaged Phazer. That might come in handy when the sun isn't up. And here I thought she'd have to wait until she found some sort of pre-war army base or something. I figured that with Luck 1, Bashful would never get hold of the Phazer in killap's patch. Or the Solar Scorcher.
Bashful-TwoPistols.jpg

Unlike her sturdy ancestor, Bashful has a whole future of levels ahead of her, so she'll actually be able to cash in on Lifegiver. So she's going to be even sturdier. And even sneakier. Can't afford to take chances - it's IRONMAN! :shock:
Bashful-Lifegiver.jpg

Used to strange occurances in the desert, Bashful didn't react with her usual combat stance when a herd of mad brahmin charged her. They were almost upon her when she realised that the danger was imminent! But... Solar Scorcher with infinite power + infinite Mad Brahmin = infinite XP? Well... as much fun as it is to cut brahmin in two, she only levelled up once before moving on.
Bashful-MadBrahmin.jpg

I forgot to mention it before, but after scouting the sectors around Gecko, Bashful easily avoided the Pariah dog right outside Vault City. So that little piece of the desert turned out to be a major hotspot for special encounters. Sure, she's walked back and forth there quite a few times, but total travel distance is still only about equal to the trip from Arroyo to Vault City, and she also had to walk back to the Den to get the car. I think that perhaps there's something fishy with the random encounters, because an unproportional number of them trigger immediately after I click to travel. And I seem to move very fast on the map if I just loaded a game and didn't walk around in the area before going to the world map.
Bashful-Hotspot.jpg

During a fight with a bunch of raiders, Bashful managed to attack without the wounded target reacting in any manner at all. First it was a guy with an assault rifle, who didn't quite die from two shots from the Solar Scorcher. She finished him with a .223 from her scoped hunting rifle, at which point all the other raiders moved away from the dead guy. Possibly because he died right in front of them, as opposed to the woman who was cut in half behind them?
Bashful-SilentSniper.jpg

The next time it was the last of the raiders, a woman with a .45 grease gun SMG. The sun was about to go up, but apparently the Solar Scorcher can't be reloaded until 08.00, so against the shorter ranged grease gun ladies, Bashful relied on her fast shooting, fast moving and longer range. Still, she was running out of space in those mountains, and for some reason she decided to throw a couple of knives instead of shooting the woman. And that's when the woman, who had previously been chasing Bashful, just remained standing at her position instead of charging or firing her grease gun. Note that after each couple of rifle shots followed by 4 hexes of sneaky retreat, Bashful exits combat mode to set up for another round of surprise attacks. So as far as combat mode is concerned, this was the first round in this particular combat. (If I just click "End Turn" the enemies keep following even after they've lost all line of sight and I'm on the other side of the map. Sure is useful for dragging them away from their friends, if need be.)

I'm beginning to wonder if silent weapons can be used for attacking people without giving them a chance to realise where the attack came from, thus leaving them unable to do anything about it. That must've been what happened in the Den, with that thug who just kept running away instead of charging and firing his 10 mm pistol. Bashful tried the same trick with a throwing knife another time, but perhaps that mobster (armed with a sniper rifle) had better Perception, and therefore saw Bashful throw that knife? In any case, this opens up quite some possibilities. Bashful may need to get more throwing knives. Many more.
ninja.gif

sabishii

Arbiter
Are mods or fan patches allowed?

Well anyways, first run:

scr00000.jpg

Jinxed + 10 Luck = Woot! And Science and Repair because I don't remember ever using those. The name is Luckycharms, the m and the s aren't shown. =(

scr00001.jpg

My build was good against the rats.

scr00002.jpg

See? Luckycharms is the name.

scr00003.jpg

Hm, I pissed off Aradesh. He kicked me out of town, I returned, talked to him perfectly fine once, and then when I talked to him again he started beating on me.

scr00004.jpg

The screenshot of me getting blasted to death didn't register. =( But what happened was that I got beat down to 3 health by the whole town of Shady Sands, and I almost escaped... When Seth blasted me with his shotgun. 76(^@*(#$#@$

vd_tombstone.jpg

Next! :D

Claw

Erudite
Patron
I kinda abandoned this thread because I was slightly depressed after recent events, detailed forthwith.

After leaving Vault 13 again, Fritz travelled directly to Junktown, where he did the usual stuff. I'll sum up the events in this screenshot, look closely:

fritz09nu2.jpg

Fritz really has a way of turning every situation to the worst. In this particular case, he couldn't resist target practice on some Brahmin, not noticing a stupid slut watching from the shadows. He did all the "good guy" stuff, but in the end, he had to kill everyone he encountered and take to the wastes.

Next try: The Hub.

Nothing really happened here. Fritz spent hours selling all those leather armours and shit looted from Raiders.. and a few Junktown guards.
Just when he felt really powerful in his shiny new combat armour, he opened a wrong door in the "Old Town" area.
The fight started well, Fritz did some nice damage with a good grenade toss, but then Dogmeat blocked the door and Ian apparently didn't have a line of sight, so he stood around passively while Tycho, Dogmeat and Fritz dealt with the three enemies inside, with Fritz taking the brunt of the punishment, having to take them stims every round.
Now those enemies seemed fucking indestructible. Our fire was concentrated on two opponents, especially the one right at the door who dropped to the ground and took stims almost every round until Fritz decided he had enough of being the center of the attention.
So he decided he'd give that half-dead sucker one last shot and if that still wasn't enough to drop him permanently, he'd step to the side, out of the enemies' firing arc and let Tycho take the heat instead.
Turns out it wasn't, and he couldn't move fast or far enough.

So Fritz was shot in the back with low health. Actually, not very low. But low enough.
This fight sucked badly.

vd_tombstone.jpg

RGE

Liturgist
Yeah, I avoid that door. Heck, I even sneak in Old Town just in case one of my mindless followers decide to open that door, thereby potentially giving those guys line of sight to me while I'm just minding my own business out in the street. First time I played Fallout, those guys got me bad. I was just exploring! :cry: (Step right up!)

Alright...I just borrowed someone's photobucket...here goes.

Enter MacGyver...the man, the myth, the legend. I decided to make a character with no weapon skills tagged. It actually worked out pretty damn well. As you can see, he has science, lockpicking, and speech tagged. He also has both the gifted and the skilled traits. I figured he would need to avoid the skill backlash from gifted, especially early on. And seeing as I was going non-combat, perks would probably be a non-issue.

scr00002.jpg

Nifty.

scr00004.jpg

MacGyver punches and shoots his way through the rats and makes it to Shady Sands. Here he easily convinces Ian to go shoot stuff for him.

scr00005.jpg

Here MacGyver uses his amazing scientific skill to teach this country bumpkin about soil erosion...err crop rotation.

scr00006.jpg

Ian shoots some rats for MacGyver in Vault 13. Riveting!

scr00009.jpg

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking radscorpions in this motherfucking cave! Time to drop some dynamite!

scr00010.jpg

A quick trip back to the Vault to trigger the kidnapping, and MacGyver gets a hold of some more guns and ammo. Which he probably won't end up using...but still...

scr00011.jpg

scr00012.jpg

After saving Tandi from the Khans through the goofiest speech option ever, MacGyver travels to Junktown. Here he encounters the most perilous situation in his journey...a bunch of bugs. Running around like a sissy and letting Ian shoot them prevails however. Here MacGyver learns the value of running like hell.

scr00013.jpg

Something is up here as MacGyver feels some sort of connection with this man...he just doesn't know what it is...

scr00014.jpg

Both of the characters who were played by Richard Dean Anderson make quick work of one of the scant few African Americans in the wasteland.

scr00015.jpg

MacGyver goes on a rampage of diplomatic justice, not only talking the raider out of killing Sinthia, but also helping Saul and Trish, getting Jenny to ditch the Skulz and snitch on them, and of course wiping out Gizmo and company.

scr00016.jpg

MacGyver and Ian also have two new companions in their travels.

scr00018.jpg

scr00019.jpg

MacGyver thought this wouldn't be a bad idea....it's not like he would have actually cared about losing the opportunity to do suicidal caravan runs. It turns out that he got some mentats, buffout and a wonderful little bit of glorious Mr. Psycho.

scr00022.jpg

MacGyver meets with both the local crime lords. Apparently...they're both gunning for the same guy who happens to be "guarded" by some of the most inept fools to walk the wastes. Can you say two-for-one?

scr00023.jpg

Getting in was easy....and Mr. Psycho is just asking to be taken.....

scr00026.jpg

A few Psycho-aided SMG bursts later....and both are dead. Plus, I've got the necklace.

scr00027.jpg

So much for your whole spiel on not killing the merchant...thanks for the electronic lockpick though.

scr00028.jpg

You don't like the Children of the Cathedral? You say you can accelerate my life and pay me a lot of money? Sign me up!

scr00030.jpg

MacGyver doesn't like religious freaks...but he does like Mr. Psycho....

scr00031.jpg

After killing Jain and crew MacGyver strikes gold. Especially by grabbing some robes. I'm sure those will come in handy later. He reports back to Decker and is rewarded with a hefty sum of money. Which he proceeds to spend on repair books, a radio, and some metal armor. With that...he leaves the Hub.

scr00033.jpg

MacGyver travels to Adytum next. Though he doesn't do much there seeing as he can't kill a bunch of well equipped mercenaries and he sure as hell can't kill a bunch of deathclaws. But he can hang out with the Followers who share his selective view on non-violence. MacGyver found some great new friends, and picked up a token female party member as well.

scr00034.jpg

This could be useful....especially seeing as you need the password to do things sneaky style (well...most of the time) and it isn't too hard to ditch the Followers who....um...follow you.

scr00038.jpg

MacGyver next travels to the Necropolis and uses his innate abilities of super-human construction to make a fully functioning plumbing system out of some junk, a lighter, a radscorpion tail, and some of Ian's hair.

scr00040.jpg

Cost of repair: One water chip.

scr00041.jpg

MacGyver get's a warm and fuzzy feeling from doing good....or maybe he just wants Mr. Psycho again.

scr00042.jpg

MacGyver returns to the hub to drop of his teammates. It's been a pleasure chief.

scr00043.jpg

Theses guys shouldn't be too difficult to ditch....

scr00047.jpg

Things are going quite smoothly....I think...too smoothly...

scr00048.jpg

MacGyver realizes Dogmeat will blow his cover...so he tells Dogmeat about the mice and getting their own farm as he takes the safety of his MP5, and holds down the trigger for one hell of a burst. :( MacGyver really thinks things suck after having to do that. He thinks things suck even more when he realizes he isn't prepared for Dr. Grey yet either. Oh well...

scr00050.jpg

En route to the Brotherhood, MacGyver is attacked by a deathclaw. MacGyver's superior running away like hell skills stop the beast though.

Interestingly enough...this is the first time I've ever run into a deathclaw in a random encounter. Didn't even know it was possible. Gotta love Fallout, always see something new.

scr00051.jpg

MacGyver easily uses the electric squid to open up the elevator. Strangely enough...nobody seems to care.....oh well.

scr00053.jpg

Sterility evidence...check. Also Vree has a very manly voice. MacGyver realizes quite a few of the women of the wastes have kind of deep voices.

scr00054.jpg

MacGyver makes himself a suit of powah ahmah. Now he can run away even better!

scr00055.jpg

Lucky for MacGyver...this mutant's chaingun rounds bounce off the power armor. Unfortunately for the mutant in front of the chaingun weilding freak...mutant hide doesn't repel bullets.

scr00056.jpg

Silly mutants get sidetracked by a quick radio transmission. I guess they don't notice the non-mutie voice.....

scr00057.jpg

These robes sure do come in handy....

scr00059.jpg

After blowing up the base, MacGyver takes the ranger perk as his second perk. Whilst chaingun mutants aren't a danger...laser wielding ones still are. It does quite a fine job warding off enemies as well. In tandem with MacGyver's luck stat....the entire journey from the mutant base to the Cathedral is uninterrupted, save a terrain encounter.

scr00061.jpg

MacGyver talks to Irenicus and convinces him to take him to his leader.

scr00064.jpg

Spoilers: Mutants are sterile and Snape kills Dumbledore. The Master proceeds to kill himself after hearing this...poor sod.

scr00066.jpg

MacGyver runs through the Cathedral, only stopping to stim the wounds from the psionic blasts, and bluff his way past the super mutant guard. He reaches the outside and runs like hell.

scr00068.jpg

The Overseer learns firsthand the power of the "A" key pressed at strategic intervals.

Overall...MacGyver was a nice guy. He wasn't a champion though because of helping out his pal Decker, though.

As for endings....

Shady Sands: Becomes the New California Republic
Brotherhood: Drives the mutants out and makes tech.
Hub: Survives.
Followers of the Apocalypse: They survive.
Necropolis: They have plenty of water to drink and sell stuff.
Junktown: Richard Dean Anderson takes over and makes everything great.
Raiders: They regroup and terrorize small settlements.

My favorite is probably the Followers not getting waxed. I like their selective non-violence.

Well....this went too well....I'm going to quickly make a stupid character or tag throwing or gambling. Because ironman challenges are about lots of dead characters dammit!

Here goes a Fallout 2 run with a character named Rocky who likes to punch things....hard.

scr00000.jpg

I gave him the Bruiser trait, a bunch of strength, a bunch of endurance, and a bunch of agility to better smash things.

scr00002.jpg

After punching his way through the Temple, Rocky leaves his inbred tribal family behind.

scr00003.jpg

Rocky doesn't make friends in Klamath. In fact...he punches quite a few people he doesn't like. Good thing nobody else liked them. After that he gets a retard with a on in his nose to follow him.

scr00005.jpg

Rocky doesn't give a damn about the dead.

scr00008.jpg

Rocky doesn't give a damn about loyalty either.

scr00009.jpg

Rocky backstabs Lara's gang and loots their corpses.

scr00010.jpg

Rocky decides to pay for an overpriced skank with all his new cash.

scr00011.jpg

And then Rocky has a little dispute with the bartender.

scr00012.jpg

The bartender, his customers, and the whore all get beaten to a pulp.

scr00013.jpg

Some ghost needed a locket, these thugs had it. They wouldn't cooperate, so Rocky persuaded them to hand it over. They just let him have it. Swell folks.

scr00014.jpg

Rocky wallops the wop and takes his stuff then departs from the Den.

scr00016.jpg

Rocky tries to seduce a woman, but she cries rape halfway through and Rocky and his retard companion are forced to kill her and her family.

scr00017.jpg

Rocky, being none too pleased with the major cockblocking, decides to beat the mayor of this town to death and take his things.

scr00018.jpg

He then takes it out on the rest of the town as well. Sulik leaves after Rocky becomes a berserker with an incredibly low karma.

scr00019.jpg

Rocky teaches this kid that life can be a bitch.

scr00023.jpg

Rocky doesn't like authoritative women.

scr00027.jpg

The woan calls for the guards and Rocky readies his armor, takes two hits of jet, a hit of buffout, a few stims, and a hit of psycho, ready to go out in a blaze of glory.

scr00029.jpg

Guards surround him and begin to shoot.

scr00033.jpg

Rocky, being so cranked up on drugs, is able to kill them all with his fisting fury.

scr00035.jpg

He beats Lynnette down for good measure.

scr00037.jpg

Unfortunately for Rocky, his jet high ran out when he was trying to escape, stranding him with very few action points, and allowing the Vault City guard to bring him down.

tombstone.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom