Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands multiplayer is retarded

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Let's say two of my friends downloaded the game a day before I did and started playing MP. Their characters are level 18. I started playing single player today, my character is level 12. When I play multiplayer with them, my character does 1 damage and dies in 1 hit to everything they are fighting.

Only people of +/- 1 level can play together? Retarded developers

Bruticis

Yup, it sucks ass. Only way it works is to have a separate character for single player and another for multiplayer then threaten to break your friends fingers if they dare play their multiplayer characters without you.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Well you could always cheat since the game has no anti-cheat measures whatsoever. :smug:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Nothing "Massive" about 4 max. simultaneous players, bub.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Turisas said:
Nothing "Massive" about 4 max. simultaneous players, bub.

Yes that's the only difference it has from all other MMOs. Gearbox not having enough money to launch a proper server for their MMO.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
You know, they just might try that with the sequel. Why charge 50 bucks for a game and then pittance for some DLC, when you can have addicts hooked on a monthly basis. Other shooter MMOs have been complete failures but there must be a market for that, even if it's a niche compared to WoW.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
He has a point -- much as I hate to admit -- but Gearbox was just flat out lazy with Borderlands. It plays like a 'worst of' list of generic MMO quests. It isn't flat out awful but it could have been much better if they put some effort into quest design, level/map design, and itemization. I mean, Christ, it's an ARPG where the character just has one slot for armor.

Yeah, they fucked up with dressing up the character, among everything else. More slots for various cool shit would've helped it. Of course that would also mean more work for balancing shit out.

Eyeball

Arcane
Your fault for playing an online RPG that isn't City of Heroes, which has the awesometastic feature of being able to temporarily boost your level to that of the team leader's for the duration of the team, allowing lowbies to take part in a lot of the random grinding missions with their friends who are 30 levels higher.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
There's no point even debating it. It's just a shit game, plain and simple. I knew I had made a mistake in purchasing it about 10 minutes in.

It's extremely weak as an FPS and absolutely absurdly shit as an RPG. A complete failure.

Secretninja

Cipher
Well, if anyone has it for ps3 and wants to spend 15 minutes, I can get you to level 40-50 with zero effort.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeesh said:
For those of you who think Borderlands is such crap, what multiplayer shooter do you prefer to play with a small group of friends?

The problem with Borderlands (and keep in mind I have around 90+ hours played so I don't utterly hate it) is that in trying to blend the FPS and ARPG genres it waters both down and fails to be very good at either -- although I shouldn't have been that surprised from a console port. As mentioned above I'd say that Serious Sam is a better choice for FPS co-op or... pretty much any pure FPS for that matter. ARPG-wise you're better off just booting up Diablo 2.

I hate to keep plugging it because it makes me look like I'm a shill for the developers but Firefall is my idea of what Borderlands could have been -- maybe not to such great extent but at least 75% of what it will at least attempt to accomplish.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Dire Roach said:
You mean co-op ones? Doom and Serious Sam are the usual favorites. SWAT 4 is nice. Killing Floor is my wave-survival-mode FPS of choice.

Yeah, man. SWAT 4 is really brotastic when you play it on the highest difficulty. Project Reality is great too with a bunch of friends. You can make your own squad and go fuck shit up, but that's not against bots. Garry's Mod is nice too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom