Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Bloom: Memories - a new kind of action adventure RPG by Studio Fawn

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I've been following this for a while, especially since the dev is here. Gotta say, this is a disappointing but super predictable turn of events.

They started the refund process on kickstarter before posting this self-congratulatory reddit post right?

"The right thing" is not trying to refund backers if a project fails. That's a masochistic idea born of misplaced guilt. Gamers have such a delusional relationship with how the world works....lol

Oh.

Last edited:

quixotic

Learned
Giving up and running away with the money is somehow supposed to be viewed as a good thing?
Yeah, that’s a reddit take if I’ve ever seen one.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It also shows that a lot of commies/trannies who live in their safe spaces have no idea of how the real world works until they actually, you know, step into the real world to work.

Giving up and running away with the money is somehow supposed to be viewed as a good thing?

Wait till you see the idiots who try to defend this guy ;)

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Wait till you see the idiots who try to defend this guy ;)
To be fair I can kind of agree that it's silly to ask for a refund on a 8 year old failed kickstarter. The money is obviously long gone. But yeah, you would think there would at least be some contrition around wasting people's money, not mocking those people who funded you to be able to quit your job and pursue your dream project.

Namutree

Savant
Having made an indie game myself, I just made it for me. I didn't do it as a job or anything. It's a type of game I always wanted to exist and now it does. If your scope isn't out of hand it won't waste your life or anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom