Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines Official Patch 1.2

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I believe you. I was just emulating obnoxious beliefs that ocasionally float about.

Jed

Cipher
A trip down memory lane:
Exitium said:
You'll be even happier to find out that the game will surpass every single one of your RPG-geared expectations and present itself as, clearly, one of the best RPGs in years.
Exitium said:
Bloodlines' loading times are relatively fast, ranging from 3-5 seconds for me per area - and that's very rare considering how large most of the areas in the game are. The only long load up I have to experience is when I start the game up initially and it does the SafeDisc security check, but that's a given with any game with copy protection.

Xemous is on crack if he thinks that 'every room' has a loading time. What the fuck are you on, kid? I've been in the Suites in Downtown LA and there wasn't a single loading screen despite the fact that the building is 6 stories high, with 1 basement, with 1 apartment per floor, each apartment containing roughly 8 rooms, not including the vent shaft.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
He is Hades Version 2.0.

No, Visceris is much different and far, far worse than Exitium even imagined he could be. Visceris bitches about a game before he plays it because of X, Y, and Z, then claims he's never going to buy the game - or any other games ever again. In fact, he'll do this for hours on end on whatever developer's forum that's making the game every single day for MONTHS. Then he buys the game and says it's WONDERMOUS!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Volourn said:
He is Hades Version 2.0.

No, Visceris is much different. Visceris bitches about a game before he plays it because of X, Y, and Z, then claims he's never going to buy the game - or any other games ever again. Then he buys the game and says it's WONDERMOUS!

He also makes a cycle out of it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah. Now, he's saying he hasn't enjoyed any game since BG2. That's in spite of the fact he's stated clearly that's enjoyed SOU, HOTU, KOTOR, and played MW for 400+ hours.

R00FLES!

Exitium ain't there yet; but ya never know..

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I liked that bit about Visceris playing Morrowind for 400+ hours and hating every minute of it. There's not much I do in my free time that I actually enjoy for a total of 400+ hours.

Mendoza

Liturgist
Jed said:
A trip down memory lane:
Exitium said:
You'll be even happier to find out that the game will surpass every single one of your RPG-geared expectations and present itself as, clearly, one of the best RPGs in years.
Exitium said:
Bloodlines' loading times are relatively fast, ranging from 3-5 seconds for me per area - and that's very rare considering how large most of the areas in the game are. The only long load up I have to experience is when I start the game up initially and it does the SafeDisc security check, but that's a given with any game with copy protection.

Maybe his computer flip flopped once he got to Chinatown and started making the loading times longer to spite him?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Most performance problems reported to Activision Customer Support are due to computer systems not meeting the minimum system requirements or not having the latest video and sound card drivers installed."

Proof please. My computer specs DESTROYS the recommendations. What a bunch of maroons.

As for the actual patch; not bad; it's too bad it didn't fix the worst "bug".

I was very pissed off about that statement, too. I mean honestly, what the fuck. I can run Doom 3 with all the settings set to "High" and not have the game stutter at all, and Doom 3's a much better looking game than Bloodlines.

About my flip flopping, I already explained that. I already fucking covered that a million times over but it's nice to see how you guys can bring up the whole 'flip flop' argument as if I didn't provide any explanation as to my likes and dislikes. So I liked the early area at first, I had a lot of high expectations. I thought the subquests would have an actual impact on the game instead of giving me 1-2 XP. I thought Jeanette would have an effect on the game ending. I was wrong. I was dissapointed. Flip flop.

I liked the game's performance at first and the game runs pretty smooth for me in the first two hubs, but I tried going hostile with the shotgun in Hollywood and Chinatown and said goodbye to my framerate. It's like these two areas are very poorly optimized, for some reason.

Load times still aren't bad for me, but the problem arises when there's too many load areas. I'm sure others have covered that before. It just gets irritating when you have to talk to one NPC in one load area, exit that area, go to another NPC, etc.

For the record, I'm nothing like Visceris. I don't play games I dislike.

If I had said I liked the first hub instead of jumping to the conclusion that Bloodlines was good throughout, I probably wouldn't be accused of flip flopping. Mea culpa.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
mr. lamat said:
naw, it's the two gigs of dual channel ocz ram. i can play dow in a window and render crap in studiomax at the same time if i want.

Beefing up the RAM to 2 GB on my machine has helped it handle buggy games as well. For example, I was able to largely live with the stuttering in HL2, and only had one really bad crash.

But adding RAM to give lousy programs extra "breathing room" is not ideal. It doesn't excuse a lack of streamlined, tidy programming. We deserve good, clean code for $50.

Old Scratch

Liturgist
Exactly how much of an impact could Jeanette/Therese, have had on the ending anyway? What, were they supposed to end up being your girlfriend and fighting along side you or some horse shit?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Old Scratch said:
Exactly how much of an impact could Jeanette/Therese, have had on the ending anyway? What, were they supposed to end up being your girlfriend and fighting along side you or some horse shit?

There really should have been some impact of things that require higher speech skills on the main plot, though. After all, they are the baron of Santa Monica, they should be able to provide SOME support to make things easier.

Dhruin

Liturgist
^I don't really understand why Jeanette has to have an impact at the end. Jeanette's story arc is finished...isn't this common in every RPG I've ever played? When I'm playing anything - even Fallout - aren't there major characters I meet on the journey that don't reoccur (leaving aside Fallout's slide at the end)?

mr. lamat

Liturgist
i loved it when killian richard dean anderson darkwater showed up at the end and supersledged the master... that was some tight shit, yo!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom