Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Blizzard To Drop Diablo III Auction House from March 2014

Xi

Arcane
Francis knows all

What a load of hooey. Games like Skyrim aren't "screw ups", they are designed to be shallow and simplistic because that's what their fans/players want. TES has only gotten more popular while every iteration post-Morrowind has continually removed skills, spells and other character options, up to Skyrim which only has three real builds - warrior, rogue and mage. You don't get to that point by "screwing up", but by specific design goals.

You make some pretty big assumptions, none of which are backed up by more than speculation. Skyrim sold a lot of copies, for sure, but simplification of it's character progression systems was hardly the reason it sold as it did. See, I'm speculating too. Also, Skyrim's character progression system was more advanced than Morrowinds and Oblivions. However, some of it's other systems were more degenerated. (Hand placed loot, Less scaling, Etc)

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
so they still keep the online for single player. These guys will never learn, really, they live in their own imaginary world along with some people here on Codex:)

:balance:

Really ? how about you finally buy the game and stfu, the game has far more bigger issues then online only.

Thane Solus

Arcane
so they still keep the online for single player. These guys will never learn, really, they live in their own imaginary world along with some people here on Codex:)

:balance:

Really ? how about you finally buy the game and stfu, the game has far more bigger issues then online only.

1) I bought the game (unfortunatly)
2) I am aware of the shitty loot system because of the auction jew house, also the itemization in general.
3) ...

Reapa

Doom Preacher
You all seem to overlook something quite important: you don't give people shit so you can take it away from them later.

The game's a wreck. Items have no soul at all and the only imaginable reason for still playing it, is to pass some time while having the feeling you're gathering something and take a look now and then at your auction house browser to see if you managed to sell something cheaper than the Chinese bots. Once you take that only fun inducing feature away, the only 3 people (for the slow ones among you, this is a guessed number based on a subjective view of the amount of people quitting the game per week after the first 2 moths) left who are still playing it will probably demand their money back.
And before someone comments: "120dollars/euro" (whatever) should be an enormous amount of money for a company which obviously can't afford to keep its features but still demands online only play. Btw Starcraft 2 seems to take quite a long time for its 3 campaigns - which also fits into the picture like the last piece of puzzle. I'm guessing not many people are actually working on it. And then there was WoW... a while ago... long before Pandaria. Been hearing some rumors of people still doing some pvp for the lolz.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
the only 3 people (for the slow ones among you, this is a guessed number based on a subjective view of the amount of people quitting the game per week after the first 2 moths)
Black, gaudaost and suejak.

That was a surprisingly accurate guess :smug:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'd rather them at least try to fix the dumbfuckery of Jay Wilson than concede the game to the retards that just use it to make money. Of course the D3 forums were filled with people whining about that. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW where am I going to make moniez now?!?!?!

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I'd rather them at least try to fix the dumbfuckery of Jay Wilson than concede the game to the retards that just use it to make money. Of course the D3 forums were filled with people whining about that. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW where am I going to make moniez now?!?!?!

You can polish a turd but it won't shine. It's a waste of time and energy to try to save a whole game genre that really leads nowhere. Diablo 2 was nice but far from overwhelmingly nice and every single diablo clone sucked big time. You can't expect people to have fun playing a game that gives you random loot while you repeatedly play the same maps over and over again just to throw the dice again. Disabling trading will not save anything. People who want to make money (probably Black) will sell their gear on the black market (probably to Gaudaost), while Suejak still tries to farm his own sets. i have no issues whatsoever with a diablo 3 without a trading house, but you cannot take away a feature that was advertized, promised and implemented from these 3 boys without breaking a certain trust system. Meaning blizzard coming to your house, braking your "virtual" diablo dvd and stealing half of it and then expecting you to buy their future games after you saw them doing that. The auction house was sold with the package and there is no possible plausible excuse for taking it back.

Mantic

Educated
Wtf codexians still play that piece of shit called diablo3?
I was informed that the RPG Codex was indeed the most "hardcore" of RPG communities, but then I come here and see Diablo 3 and console games like Dark Souls on front-page news. I'm also noticing that the threads discussing multi-plat RPG's have thousands of posts and hundreds of pages, I'm starting to think that I might of been misinformed, or that the RPG Codex has some posers in it's midst.

Wtf codexians still play that piece of shit called diablo3?
I was informed that the RPG Codex was indeed the most "hardcore" of RPG communities, but then I come here and see Diablo 3 and console games like Dark Souls on front-page news. I'm also noticing that the threads discussing multi-plat RPG's have thousands of posts and hundreds of pages, I'm starting to think that I might of been misinformed, or that the RPG Codex has some posers in it's midst.
To be fair, dark souls is an action rpg done right and its more enjoyable than most other "rpgs" on the market nowadays.

And multi plat rpgs are mostly shitposting and circle jerking with some obvious plants.

Still if you are interested in crpgz, I dunno a better alternative than the codex.

But yeah the codex isn't the hivemind its made outto be. Which is good since we get alternate perspectives. ..even if they are mistly shit.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
This talk about multi-plat rpgs reminds me of witcher 2 and the decline in the community which moved from making nude mods to making anti-nude mods... :dead:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Feel free to search for mods on the nexus - you will find no nude mods but one that makes the woman wear a towel in the nude scenes offered by the game itself.

Black

Arcane
the only 3 people (for the slow ones among you, this is a guessed number based on a subjective view of the amount of people quitting the game per week after the first 2 moths)
Black, gaudaost and suejak.

That was a surprisingly accurate guess :smug:
Leave me the fuck alone, I'm warning you!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom