Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards - turn-based tactical RPG set in The Dark Eye world

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Using 2-handed Bashing (saureon axe) and takate original spear atm.

Where is that Sword at beginning? I am quite far in this chapter, dont see it yet.

If you're looking for 1h swords, check the Neetha blacksmith - he has 3 or 4 for sale, priced at 15 ducats.

If you're looking for 2h swords, do the Wobran battlefield quest and loot all 4 chests before killing all the mobs to get a bastard sword. To get the battlefield quest, don't let Naurim talk to the beggar.

wtf?

Loriac

Arcane
Using 2-handed Bashing (saureon axe) and takate original spear atm.

Where is that Sword at beginning? I am quite far in this chapter, dont see it yet.

If you're looking for 1h swords, check the Neetha blacksmith - he has 3 or 4 for sale, priced at 15 ducats.

If you're looking for 2h swords, do the Wobran battlefield quest and loot all 4 chests before killing all the mobs to get a bastard sword. To get the battlefield quest, don't let Naurim talk to the beggar.

wtf?

Ah, sorry, didn't read your question properly. The magic 2h sword can be found in the quest to kill the woman who held you as a slave (Monteroy? I think).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yeah, I remember finding it p. clearly, just dunno where exactly 'cuz I never paid much attention as I never used zweihanders. Was somewhere late in chapter 3 IIRC, might have been the ending of the assassins guild.

Loriac

Arcane
I picked up boron's sickle too, forget where (perhaps when you go to where the woman alchemist is?): 2d6+6 -2/-2/-3 weapon with no distance capability however means that its outclassed by andergaster once you get that, and even the greatsword is probably better for most purposes. In my save game that I just checked now, its in for 'safekeeping' with the merchant outside the arena, as it didn't justify the weight to keep it in inventory.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Someone know location of all 6 shrines for quest?

Found 1 in chapter 1 and all other in chapter 3? but where? missing 2 i think

ricolikesrice

Arcane
combining Startrail - like gameplay with the combat of blackguards would make a damn great RPG - hopefully Daedalic considers it.

-Full party creation ( though i think 4 is better than 6 characters but could live with either)
-south aventuria setting with a world map the size of star trail full
-travel system with diseases, poisons, your full plated knights dying like idiots in the jungle etc. etc.
-background plot, i.e. something that doesnt take itself too important until you have most of the exploration done.

If Blackguards 2 is more of the same ( otherwise dull game saved by good combat ) that d be a criminal waste of potential...

As much as i enjoyed the combat and character progression .... i must also confess i couldnt give a rats ass about any of the NPCs or the story in general. And since the mainstream didnt care either (not enough hollywood voice actors, not enough motion captured cutscenes and QTE, no sex scenes , blah blah ) why not go full nerd for the next game ? a RoA-like should be easily possible with a limited budget. A bioware-like not so much.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
combining Startrail - like gameplay with the combat of blackguards would make a damn great RPG - hopefully Daedalic considers it.

-Full party creation ( though i think 4 is better than 6 characters but could live with either)
-south aventuria setting with a world map the size of star trail full
-travel system with diseases, poisons, your full plated knights dying like idiots in the jungle etc. etc.
-background plot, i.e. something that doesnt take itself too important until you have most of the exploration done.

If Blackguards 2 is more of the same ( otherwise dull game saved by good combat ) that d be a criminal waste of potential...

As much as i enjoyed the combat and character progression .... i must also confess i couldnt give a rats ass about any of the NPCs or the story in general. And since the mainstream didnt care either (not enough hollywood voice actors, not enough motion captured cutscenes and QTE, no sex scenes , blah blah ) why not go full nerd for the next game ? a RoA-like should be easily possible with a limited budget. A bioware-like not so much.

No clue what you are talking about.

Zurbaran and Naurim have BEST voice-over i heard in games for last few years.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
No clue what you are talking about.

i can see that. if you reread what i wrote *i* didnt complain about the voice acting at all - i implied the "mainstream" did. see the awful RPS preview of blackguards for an example.

what i was rambling about was wanting blackguards combat in an otherwise interesting cRPG format - such as the RoA-games - rather than having a sequel that again wasted such good combat in an otherwise dull and forgetable "bioware-like" format ( linear, driven too much by forced companions, no gameplay outside of dialogue & combat, etc. etc.)

i mean i still enjoyed blackguards alot but if you take out the combat there s nothing left. RoA combat wasnt that stellar but the games were still fun. RoA + blackguards combat = one awesome RPG. blackguards combat + low budget bioware-clone = fun to play for combat but ultimativly criminal waste of potential!

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Thinking of rerolling to see about making a good dual wielding warrior. From the sounds of it, axes are the only viable option since fencing weapons apparently suck and there are very few 1h swords in the game.

Has anyone actually played through a DW character here, or was everyone wooed by 2h bashing?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Thinking of rerolling to see about making a good dual wielding warrior. From the sounds of it, axes are the only viable option since fencing weapons apparently suck and there are very few 1h swords in the game.

Has anyone actually played through a DW character here?

Dual-wielding is great because of how flexible it is, especially if you dual-wield 2 different weapons.

It takes a metric FUCKTON of AP to develop, though, 'cause it uses up just about all possible non-magic attributes and talents. Very satisfying once it's finished, however.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Has anyone actually played through a DW character here, or was everyone wooed by 2h bashing?

I played with a fencer who is dual wielding rapiers, also had some archery against casters.
I used same weapons for a looonnnnggg time. Only special rapiers I found was some sword canes which had lower damage but higher critcal chance.
Only problem was skeletons and zombies which are immune to piercing damage but blunt arrows and casters were enough for them.
Also blade storm is the worst ability ever. And it is at the end frigging skill tree...

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Btw funny thing about sword cane is that if you use it in dual wielding (I had sword + fencing), the +crit chance affects BOTH the weapons in a two-handed attack. It leads to some seriously serious domoges when you have it equipped.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
if they un-suck sensattaco in the balance patch that would also be a great spell for dual wielders. but currently 29 asp is way too much and the duration too short. make it 15 asp and last 5-6 turns and that spells turns usefull - especially for dual wielders.

i started a dual wield warrior after completing the game but around middle of chapter 2 i got bored (sorry but imho too little replay value). but until then dualwield with sword + offhand weapon of your choice >>> naurim powerblowin. didnt even use damage poisons - with that dual wielding should become even better and since theres lots of money in the game you dont really need.... poison should be very viable.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also i see people complaining on steam forums that debuffs dont land in chapter 4. They land most of time (talking about berserk and lighting finds you).

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Where is "Over the Cliff" sidequest in chapter 4?
You get it by traveling from one coastal city to another, one in the chapter 1 area the other in the chapter 3 area. I don't remember the names of them. You get stopped by some purple guys, they ask if you believe in the gods, and you can fight them and that's the quest.

Is there a full lossless sountrack for this game out there? I know there's one with 13 tracks, but those are the least interesting. I'm looking for some of those sorta-middle-eastern battle tracks from Ch2+, in particular.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there a full lossless sountrack for this game out there? I know there's one with 13 tracks, but those are the least interesting. I'm looking for some of those sorta-middle-eastern battle tracks from Ch2+, in particular.

The official soundtrack that's included with the game has 13 tracks (and a lossless version is included as well). I suppose you could go digging through the game files.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished the game. on Hard. Did change to "Easy" one time, in flashback fighting 5 lice.

Impressions: starting as mage-archer for main character was a bad advice from one of the posters here. Best idea for main character would be 2-handed weapons user with access to some spells: healing balm (90%+ at lvl 2), move as light (80%+ at lvl 3) and probably +atk/+dodge buff at lvl 4.

Good spells: paralise (lvl 1), berserk (aoe, lvl 4), wraith of elements (lvl 2), remove poison (lvl 3), lighting finds you (4 lvl).

with decent stats and +5 atk for whole party and lighting finds you debuff, you will hit around 80-90% on Hard with deathblow/hammerstrike. that's the goal.

All other spells: ranged buff, remove enchantments, wall of force etc - are optional, not really needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom