Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Mesa - legendary vaporware Half-Life remake finally out

racofer

Thread Incliner
What the fuck? They wanted only ln(2)? I actually calculated the ln(2) yesterday ><.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hmm. Seems that this is only a trolling attempt.

Well, it got me. Deserves a :thumbsup: for that.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I typed "ln 2" when I made that post earlier and that worked.

Rhalle

Magister
Jaesun said:
Wasn't there some rumor (or possibly some vague post on the official forums) that quite a long time ago Valve approached the Black Mesa team and said something like "Hey guys! We LOVE this idea you guys are working on! And we...."

And then suddenly the team was silent........?

Not that I know of. What valve did do, though, was make them change the name from Black Mesa: Source to just Black Mesa.

If the BM team were smart, they would have totally remade HL1 remaining completely faithful to the original. That way, Valve might have wanted to give them some money for it.

Now that it's a juiced-up generation Z, vaguely consoley-cinemac version of HL1 with a bunch of new shit added to it, Valve probably won't be compelled to have much to do with it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Rhalle said:
Jaesun said:
Wasn't there some rumor (or possibly some vague post on the official forums) that quite a long time ago Valve approached the Black Mesa team and said something like "Hey guys! We LOVE this idea you guys are working on! And we...."

And then suddenly the team was silent........?

Not that I know of. What valve did do, though, was make them change the name from Black Mesa: Source to just Black Mesa.

If the BM team were smart, they would have totally remade HL1 remaining completely faithful to the original. That way, Valve might have wanted to give them some money for it.

There is already Half Life: Source. SO what else then? Updated models?

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Xor said:
lim (x->0) ln [2 + arctan x * sin (1/x)]

The limit doesn't exist; 1/x goes to infinity as x approaches 0 and sin oscillates so it doesn't have a definite limit as its inputs grow larger and larger.

Edit: it's been a while since I took calculus...actually since arctan x goes to 0 that might make the statement valid and then the limit would be ln 2.
squeeze theorem

MapMan

Arcane
If this could be any indication: black cat games (folks who made alien swarm) went completely MIA until sudden release of the new alien swarm on steam as a freebie. The lack of ANY "official" news from the team is weird but they post on the forums daily, the mod is definately not dead. Realistically speaking, this really can get released this year.

Elzair

Cipher
Considering the track record of modders with big projects, I'll believe they can release it if they actually release it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
MapMan said:
If this could be any indication: black cat games (folks who made alien swarm) went completely MIA until sudden release of the new alien swarm on steam as a freebie. The lack of ANY "official" news from the team is weird but they post on the forums daily, the mod is definately not dead. Realistically speaking, this really can get released this year.

That is what I am thinking as well.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I remember when they said it would be out by the end of 2009.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
isblackmesareleased.com said:
GIVE US MEDIA!
no.
But...
no.
Plea-...
no.
Why?
This post sums it up pretty well. One screen shot is not enough, one video is not enough, if one piece of media is released, nothing will change, people will still want more, and the team are not taking time out to prepare an entire new media release.

DOHOHOHO. Looks trustworthy.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Hmm
isblackmesareleased.com said:
What progress is complete?
80%
Since it has been under development since 2004 one could assume that it will only be two or three years left until it is released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom