Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Black Geyser developers seek funding for Tales of the Moon Cult expansion pack on Kickstarter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness; Black Geyser: Tales of the Moon Cult; GrapeOcean Technologies

Tales of the Moon Cult (TotMC) is a major expansion pack for Black Geyser coming to Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam and GOG. It adds new locations to the world map with brand-new content and a questline that revolves around the Cult of Zoria. Several new features are introduced to the base game as well, including Strongholds, Dual Wielding and a number of QoL improvements.

This Kickstarter is the last time you can get the Collector's Edition Box for Black Geyser. The box contains a hardcover handbook (including a monster manual and artbook as well), T-Shirt, mouse pad, keychains and a beautiful cloth map.

Even though our manufacturing possibilities are very limited, we received a lot of e-mails asking about the Collector's Box so we decided to offer this edition for a very last time, extended with the new expansion pack. Thank you so much for your interest, it means a lot!

Main Features
You won't need to start a new game in Black Geyser to activate the expansion pack content. However, if you are around the end of the last chapter (point of no return), you'll need an earlier savegame to initiate the plotline of Tales of the Moon Cult.

The estimated release date is August 2024. Our core team is currently very small, so we ask your support to help bring this project to life. A successful Kickstarter campaign will also give us a clear message that we should keep doing what we're doing and stay together.

Existing backer? If you already have an add-on from a previous campaign that gives you this expansion, please refer to our FAQ in the top menu of the page.

Tales of the Moon Cult will be available in all 12 languages supported by the base game, and will extend Black Geyser with the following features aspects:
  • Major questline focusing on the Cult of Zoria and their answer to the corruption of greed affecting the world
  • Indoor, outdoor and underground areas with new side quests and riddles
  • Brand-new spells and magical items
  • A standalone fixpack with many improvements to the base game, delivered to all owners of Black Geyser as a free update (no DLC required)
  • Additional features, depending on the stretch goals reached
Standalone Fixpack
We're also creating a fixpack that will be released to the community as a free update to Black Geyser. Therefore, you won't need to own Tales of the Moon Cult to get the fixpack as an owner of the base game. Even though we call it a fixpack, it will contain new features and important QoL improvements as well:
  • Dual wielding for Warrior and Outlaw classes
  • Strongholds
  • Travel to quest giver directly from journal UI (one loading screen)
  • Already known recipes are marked in shop UI
  • Steam Cloud Save (GOG is already supported)
  • GOG Achievements
  • Item descriptions display which classes can use the item
  • Full personal questline for Helgenhar

Drowed

Arcane
If you fail once, never give up. After all, you can fail twice. But to be honest, this is one of the games that I wanted to be able to enjoy. I wanted to be able to look at it optimistically.

agris

Arcane
Patron
gRape Ocean must have forgotten to slide the shekels under the door, there’s no link to the Kickstarter

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
If you fail once, never give up. After all, you can fail twice. But to be honest, this is one of the games that I wanted to be able to enjoy. I wanted to be able to look at it optimistically.

And did you like it? Heard from multiple people that the game is mediocre all round

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backed it. The game has many flaws but also did many things right. I would love to see this studio persists and make more RPGs, to improve on the formula.

Zeriel

Arcane

Frankly I think the final result IS a good thing? I remember when it was announced and people thought it was one big practical joke. The original thread was hilarious, but even funnier in hindsight now that it came out as a normal game.

Drowed

Arcane
And did you like it? Heard from multiple people that the game is mediocre all round

That's exactly it. A large part of the Codex would say that POE is generic and soulless. Well then, imagine an extremely generic version of POE. That's exactly the feeling of trying to play this game.

Frankly I think the final result IS a good thing? I remember when it was announced and people thought it was one big practical joke. The original thread was hilarious, but even funnier in hindsight now that it came out as a normal game.

In a way, I guess I agree. The game is not exactly bad, at least not in the sense that, let's say, Starfield is bad. It's not in the sense that it fails terribly at something, but rather that it is aggressively mediocre in every way. To the point that you don't even remember it exists when you set it aside for some time. It works, and it's competent enough in most aspects, but tasteless to the point that in a short time you end up wanting to do anything else.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
I liked that spellcasters start with a decent amount of spells, unlike every other Vancian game in existence that makes you play with 2 spells/rest for hours before those characters become interesting.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

That's exactly it. A large part of the Codex would say that POE is generic and soulless. Well then, imagine an extremely generic version of POE. That's exactly the feeling of trying to play this game.

Thanks, I thought so

I love it when you have a few decades of gaming experience and know everything in advance

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's better than Pillows of Eternity

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom