Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Birth of America 2

dagorkan

Arbiter
Looks really good...

Content

New Rules
• New cohesion system (based on the ACW model) and impact on combat
• Brand new concept of Engagement Points, allowing options of Armaments purchases, political and diplomatic options. In addition, a challenging Foreign Entry competitive engine will allow player to struggle in the race for the French Intervention.
• New orders (e.g. spiking the guns) and multiple choices check boxes in events windows.
• New abilities (adapted from the new ones in ACW and for the new rules here)
• Different updates and rules (e.g. combat, Indians, minutemen, blockade, privateers, naval transport, optional limited activation rules, German mercenaries, etc..)

New functionalities
• Play-by-email and TCP/IP integrated function
• Improved AI
• Multiple resolution Interface

New data
• New map : extension of the map up to the Mississippi in the west, blockade and commerce raiding boxes, new European off-map boxes (France, GB, Spain, Holland) or in the Americas (Hudson Bay, Newfoundland, Cuba)
• New leaders and units.
• New Scenarios (including at least the following)
- scenarios 1750-1780 : Lord Dunmore War, Cherokee 1760, Pontiac 1762, new F&I war campaign, full 1777, 1778 and 1779 campaigns.
- scenarios 1780-1800 : Fallen Timbers, Tippecanoe
- scenarios 1812 : New Orleans 1815, Eastern Seaboard 1814, Full War of 1812 campaign
• New Events (according to scenarios) et adaptation of previous ones to new scripting language developed for ACW.
• Extended Manual and player’s aides.
• Biographies of characters (French version only to start – update late 2007 for English version)

Previews:
#1 more than 1,300,000 km² added
#2 New troop types
#3 New scenarios and campaigns (as far back as 1636!)
#4 Special orders
#5 Revamped cohesion
#6 Overhauled scenarios
#7 Authentic music
#8 Diplomatic/economic/political choices

Release date? 4th of July, they say..

spacemoose

Erudite
fastjack we should hella hang out, I'll meet you at the driving range on pruneridge tomorrow ~6ish kk

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
No doubt Ageod make excellent strategy games, and BoA2 is the release to look forward to this summer. They are the only company that still releases not-dumbed down strategy games with extreme depth, strong AI, and great graphics.

Screenshot from AACW
AACWscreenshot4.jpg

Mind however that American Civil War (ACW) is the best game they have released so far. I recommend you have a look at it, http://www.a-acw.com/english/main.html before you make up your mind about Boa2 (which appears to have a limited campaign compared to ACW).

I post from time to time about these games and try to get people to visit the ageod forum.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Boa2 was released today:

http://www.birth-of-america2.com/ageod/eu/wia.php

You should get yourself the demo and give it a lot of time. This is a historical wargame, plays different to games like Panzer General which are more like chess. You will not understand for a while what is going on but once you get into it it's wonderful. Plays out like history itself, not all predictable, often plans will not work out, you must learn to use terrain, supply, morale, leadership and so on. But with enough cerebral investment you will see your strategy unfolding.

I downloaded it this morning and I must say it is worth every penny. If you are craving for hardcore strategy with great graphics and huge replayability that's the one you should get. If you want something like Civ fuck off. Ageods products are indy gaming at its finest.

wia01b.jpg

wia02b.jpg

wia03b.jpg

wia04b.jpg

wia05b.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom