Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware's latest genre-defining masterpiece released

WhiskyWolf

Novice
Cloaked Figure said:
WhiskyWolf said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Chances are, even NO$GBA won't be able to run this very well. It runs Ace Attorney, but... well, Ace Attorney is basically a GBA game with a second screen. I don't think it copes with more... intensive games very well.
I didn't say it will run for SURE.

butthurt IGN'er detected.
You FAIL at reading the "Joined" date. To tell the truth I'm WhiskeyWolfs very obvious alt.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
WhiskyWolf said:
Cloaked Figure said:
WhiskyWolf said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Chances are, even NO$GBA won't be able to run this very well. It runs Ace Attorney, but... well, Ace Attorney is basically a GBA game with a second screen. I don't think it copes with more... intensive games very well.

You FAIL at reading the "Joined" date. To tell the truth I'm WhiskeyWolfs very obvious alt.
No your not.

WhiskyWolf

Novice
WhiskeyWolf said:
WhiskyWolf said:
Cloaked Figure said:
WhiskyWolf said:
Admiral jimbob said:

No your not.
Yes I am.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Is this for real? Sonic and the "Dark Brotherhood"?? This entire thread is faked and photoshopped, right?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I demand to have an answer to this MYSTARY. Is Whiskey having a DRAMA with himself or is something more sinister is afoot?

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Andyman Messiah said:
So how are the levels in that there new Bioware DS Sonic game then, fellas? I'm actually interested.

As I said in the OP, they're pretty bad. Beautiful, but really fucking annoying to get around in - invisible walls, annoying barriers, one ledge allowing you to jump up while the one beside it and identical to it doesn't give you the option, and so on.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
sportforredneck said:
I haven't used my ds in a long ass time as it is.
I think CivRev is actually pretty good - definitely a condensed "lite" version of Civ, but an enjoyable one, made moreso by the fact that it's mobile and games resolve faster. There's also the replayability factor; it's not a game you "finish," so that's a plus. Overall I like it much better than Advance Wars.

I also like Lego Star Wars complete for the cute factor ... but somehow I doubt that cute counts for much with most Codexers :).

RPGwise I've been trying to enjoy The World Ends With You but I just can't get into it ... I'm kind of allergic to JRPGs as it is, having never liked one that I played (except Phantom Dust if you want to even call that an RPG), and TWEWY is proving to be no different.

So that's one thumbs up anyway.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Yeah, well, you're ugly!! Haha, take THAT!! You're ugly and have bad taste in Sonic the Hedgehog-games!

No seriously, S&K was pretty good the first levels.

Radisshu

Prophet
Andyman Messiah said:
Yeah, well, you're ugly!! Haha, take THAT!! You're ugly and have bad taste in Sonic the Hedgehog-games!

No seriously, S&K was pretty good the first levels.

I mostly remember the epic fight against some mecha sonic thing, who I think was the final boss for Sonic. Sonic & Knuckles is the newest Sonic game I've played though, luckily.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Then do yourself a favour and don't play anything after S&K. Especially stay away from the games on the next-gen consoles.

Admiral Rimjob: Yeah yeah yeah, Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Whatever. Lick my ass!

cutterjohn

Cipher
Admiral jimbob said:
Sonic 3 and Knuckles, you bitches. The way it's meant to be played.
Did you actually buy this?

Anyways playing teh evuh teh kiddie childuhs Disgaea myself... too bad that Shin Megami Tensei is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Disgaegayness PLUS more teh evuhlness!

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
So, uh.
I finished the game. It was terrible. Every chapter after 5 or 6 only has one enemy encounter/type, except for the ones that have two.
But the ending.
Well.

Sonic and crew escape from the exploding evil dimension place thing, and get back into the real world, where Eggman shoots down their ship. All well and good.
Then a dialogue scene starts.

"Wow! Do you believe that ending?"
"Seriously!"
"I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of things... if we manage to survive that crash!"
"Good point. I guess we'll have to wait for the next episode."
"What should we do in the meantime?"
"We can talk about the team that created this game!"
"This game was developed by Bioware. Did you know Bioware was founded by a pair of doctors?"
"Doctors AND game developers? No way!"

It advertised Dragon Age at me, too.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Admiral jimbob said:
Then a dialogue scene starts.

"Wow! Do you believe that ending?"
"Seriously!"
"I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of things... if we manage to survive that crash!"
"Good point. I guess we'll have to wait for the next episode."
"What should we do in the meantime?"
"We can talk about the team that created this game!"
"This game was developed by Bioware. Did you know Bioware was founded by a pair of doctors?"
"Doctors AND game developers? No way!"
Two questions: Is this for real? And why is it for real, if it is for real?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom