Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News BioWare Working on Small Secret Project with Failbetter Games

Lhynn

Arcane
I think BW could use some pointers regarding failing better.
They've been failing rather awfully as of late.
Badum tish

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Trying to threaten a quarrelsome person with a lawsuit, what kind of bullshit is that? I guess someone has problems comprehending free speech.

the really sad part is that the only criticism I've -ever- leveled at them past a "it's gotten boring" level is over that one bad support request I was sarcastically referring to, and even in light of that I've still encouraged double digits of people to go try it out (not that it ever stuck). I still would, to this day! just, y'know, be careful, because their top man is a little nuts in an interactive way.

Angthoron

Arcane
0:57 :lol:

Romance your officers

Oh BioWare.

Also, holy fuck, this is combining sailing AND sex. What will happen when you do both wrong? I must know, I must find out.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Lmao. They just can't help themselves. It is pathological.

:dgaider: forever!

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Reminds me of John from Thomas Was Alone.

"Bioware liked these little indie studios. He felt like it was important to his image he be seen helping them."

Explorerbc

Arcane
Wait, I thought this was their own project announced long ago, and that Bioware was supposed to be working with them on a different game.

set

Cipher
So the ship just floats around? I didn't see anything happening. There didn't seem to be anything that was being simulated... What's there to manage? The entire trailer was it just moving around. The music was moody but that's about it...

Well, it's not like games need gameplay.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
There's been word of publishers looking to invest in smaller projects, most likely because it's the only way out of the corner they've painted themselves in by raping IPs and studios.

So, maybe this is an experiment in breeding future rape victims?

Shannow

Waster of Time
So the ship just floats around? I didn't see anything happening. There didn't seem to be anything that was being simulated... What's there to manage? The entire trailer was it just moving around. The music was moody but that's about it...

Well, it's not like games need gameplay.
This. Especially after "battle sea monsters"...
I mean, apart from the "Romance your food" thing, the game looks like it could be good. But to even prliminarily judge that, you'd need at least a little gameplay.

Also:
"Gaiders Mourn"

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
It's an 'exploration' video. I'm assuming there's more to it. On the site they have pics of other non ship stuff.

set

Cipher
I don't assume anything about games anymore. If I don't see it happen I don't believe it can.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Then check the site. L0L

Not that i really care sicne the game looks rather meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom