Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BioWare official forums shutting down! END OF RINE!

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Sorry, I didn't specify and the new posts appeared before I wrote mine but after I started writing it. I meant a link to:
I'm linking the 'dex in my sig on BSN and posted a link in that forum deletion thread as well. I received the predictable lulzy responses to the latter already, kek.
Start here: https://forum.bioware.com/topic/574907-concerning-our-forums/page-12#entry20410778

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I really hope a lot of them comes to 'dex.

I think a fresh infusion of furry's, romance fags, genderfluid, and SJWs would be good for this place. Right now a lot of discussion are circle jerks involving the same people talking about the same stuff. Fresh blood could only help.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really hope a lot of them comes to 'dex.

I think a fresh infusion of furry's, romance fags, genderfluid, and SJWs would be good for this place. Right now a lot of discussion are circle jerks involving the same people talking about the same stuff. Fresh blood could only help.

That problem could be solved if half the edge lords came out of the closet on what they really like in RPGs.

No need for desperate measures.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ironic since bioware forums contained the people who liked his writing.

In the same way the faeries in Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell liked humans -- they would be gushing about how great friends they were one moment and then tearing out their organs to divine the future the next.

The Bioware forum was as Byronic as the Codex in its own way.

Mustawd

Sorry, I didn't specify and the new posts appeared before I wrote mine but after I started writing it. I meant a link to:
I'm linking the 'dex in my sig on BSN and posted a link in that forum deletion thread as well. I received the predictable lulzy responses to the latter already, kek.
Start here: https://forum.bioware.com/topic/574907-concerning-our-forums/page-12#entry20410778

I think this decision is being driven solely by accountants

:rpgcodex: Nuh uh. Fuck you, random bioasshole.

Management makes the call. We just tell 'em how much it would cost/save. I'm glad your forum is dying. Hear that? Glad.

*smiles smugly*

Coma White

Educated
GeneralXIV, on 29 Jul 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:Im so sorry... admittedly im actually crying... ive already made some good memories... bad ones also... but... this is where I spend most of my free time... now its just gonna go... just like that... its so unfair
sad.png

Black

Arcane
Motherfucker

Mustawd

GeneralXIV, on 29 Jul 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:Im so sorry... admittedly im actually crying... ive already made some good memories... bad ones also... but... this is where I spend most of my free time... now its just gonna go... just like that... its so unfair
sad.png

To be fair, he could easily be a codexer if this place ever shuts down.

Mustawd

-----------------------------------
DRAMATIC RE-ENACTMENT
-----------------------------------

Bioware CEO (on the phone with EA HQ): Ok...yah. Uh huh. Yup. Gotcha.

*hangs up*
*walks into CFO's office*

CEO: So I just got off the phone with EA. They said we're gonna need to bring up margins again.

CFO: What?! Why? We're already crushing it with DA: Inquisition!

CEO: I know I know. I told 'em the same thing. They said something about making up for the costs that all the recent new hires are gonna suck up since we had those departures.

CFO: *scoff* As if it takes that much to replace that bald bastard and some other random weirdos.

CEO: *chuckles* I know right? Anyway, can you take a look at some low hanging fruit to cut? No salaries or personnel. Just something we haven't cut but been meaning to.

CFO: Hmmm, well we always talked about getting rid of those forums. They're a pain in the ass to maintain, cost-wise, and I don't think they're all important.

CEO: Yah, do me a favor and take a look.

-= later that day =-

*CFO walks into the Director of FP&A's cube*

CFO: Hey, so we're trying to bring up margins again.

DFP&A: Huh? What for? They're solid.

CFO: Long story, but it's mainly Gaider's fault.

*DFP&A nods*

CFO: Anyway, let's look at some low hanging fruit and build a model to see what it looks like. I'm thinking we can cut the forums. They're a waste of space really.

DRP&A: K. I'll get you something this afternoon.

-=an hour later =-

Analyst: So yeah...umm the marketing guys say we won't really lose all that much if we cut the forums. Maybe a hundred people max who are too upset at us to buy product. But overall it's a net gain when you look at the maintenance costs.

DFP&A: Sounds about right. IT costs pretty high?

Analyst: Yah, mainly healthcare costs

DRP&A: Wut?

Analyst: Yeah, apparently it sucks up a bunch of costs related to mental health on the admins. Go figure.

DFP&A: Jesus. Why didn't we cut this sooner?

Analyst: *shrugs*

DFP&A: Ok, so the loss isn't that much?

Analyst: Nah. I modeled out that most people will just go to other forums or create an archived version. They basically do our job for us.

DFP&A: Nice. Those losers finally do something useful.

-= that night =-

CFO: Yeah, so basically we can cut the forums and the end result is actually a gain for us. No one really is gonna stop buying our product.

CEO: Nice! Yeah, let's just do that ASAP. The faster the better. It'll be like getting new carpet and removing the old stinky one from the building.

-------------------------------------------
THE END
-------------------------------------------

EDIT: Not much drama. We are accountants after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dux

Arcane
As if their abject buggery of all that's pristine and decent wasn't bad enough, they've now gone and expulsed the fucking leper colony. That's just splendiferous, isn't it? Splendiferous.

Does this spell more trouble on the horizon for BioWare? Meanwhile, in a particularly fucked up alternate universe there exists a copy of me who actually gives a flying poop about any this.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

All around me are familiar faces...

150px-Maxis_logo_(former).svg.png

Worn out places...

bullfrog_productions.jpg

Worn out Faces....

Bright and early for the daily races...

Going Nowhere.... Going Nowhere.....

0GrJG.jpg

Their tears are filling up their glasses

No expression, no expression

tumblr_lm5hqd7KPy1qk6wp4o1_500.png

Hide my head, I wanna drown my sorrow...

1666.jpg

No tomorrow, no tomorrow

2583314-0514739065-qSLZg.jpg

And I find it kinda funny... I Find it kind of Sad..

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom