Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

RPGMasterLvl2

Novice

Whoever did the lighting for the final game should never work again. TV-quality amateur hour.

donkeymong

Scholar
8807d8bcb1ba40ceadda87ba1c52e3f5.png

:negative:

A race that never had males, have members that prefer male pronouns. ...
Only an imbecile could come up with such a thing.

Last edited:
I checked game credits from Witcher 3 and Mass Effect Andromeda, because there is discussion on internet that BioWare had smaller budget = less people working on animations and this is the reason for them why animation sucks etc...

So Witcher 3:

One department responsible for animations in Witcher 3.

Character Animators: 9 people who shipped Witcher 3

Additional Character Animators: 6 people, probably ppl that worked only some time on W3 and left company during production and didnt shipped / maybe some outsource

And this is it, 15 ppl worked on Witcher 3 animations.

Mass Effect Andromeda:

3 departments responsible for animations in Mass Effect Andromeda:

Cinematic Animators: 11 people

In-Game Animators: 11 people

Technical Animators: 8 people

30 people worked on animations in Mass Effect Andromeda. two times more than in Witcher 3.

So they probably fucked up something badly in production, or they are just lazy and unskilled fucks.

As I've autisticly tried to explain earlier in the thread even if Witcher 3 had all 240 people on it's core staff working on the game and Bioware only had 100, this game would be more expensive in staff costs due to Potato wages and longer development time, then you have the other costs which will be far cheaper in Poland, plus they are an independent studio.

So the idea that Wither 3 cost $46million to make and this mismanaged shitshow $40million is frankly laughable....

...Why does this matter? Because Bioware spent in my considered opinion $70million on developing the game alone and reasonably EA spent $30million on marketing. that's $100million, they would need to sell at least 3million copies to do that. Before I thought that they would need to sell 2million to break even, but now looking at their supposed costs I think it is an unbelevable underestimate, so I say 3 million at least now. Saying that I doubt it will sell 3 million based on the quality of the game and the reviews.

...Why does that matter? It matters because Nu-Bioware is dead and we can harvest Neofag Biodrone tears:bounce:

Kotaku still holding back their review...

trancers.jpg

Trancers-1.jpg

There is such a thing in journalism that is worse than shilling and twisting a story, it is not reporting a story when it reflects badly on your ideology. You might have noticed this recently in the US in the case of the illegal immigrant 18 and 17 year olds (one of which had already been deported before) who were put a ninth grade class and brutally raped a 14 year old in the toilets. CNN, MSNBC, NYT and the Washington Post ignored the story.

Or you may have noticed the media trying to downplay the Islamic factor in the London attacks and is now focusing on solidarity and heros.

This is the same lie by ommision that Kotaku is commiting.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

trancers.jpg

Trancers-1.jpg

There is such a thing in journalism that is worse than shilling and twisting a story, it is not reporting a story when it reflects badly on your ideology. You might have noticed this recently in the US in the case of the illegal immigrant 18 and 17 year olds (one of which had already been deported before) who were put a ninth grade class and brutally raped a 14 year old in the toilets. CNN, MSNBC, NYT and the Washington Post ignored the story.

Or you may have noticed the media trying to downplay the Islamic factor in the London attacks and is now focusing on solidarity and heros.

Nice rant but they had a review http://kotaku.com/mass-effect-andromeda-the-kotaku-review-1793496930

Also this thing http://kotaku.com/heres-how-mass-effect-andromeda-handles-sex-and-romanc-1793533723

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Where did you see a non-ugly Ryder? Not in the video above your post, that's for sure. She looks like she has the mumps.

If you say so. To me, she's the first character build that actually resembles someone I might see walking around in the street, instead of crawling through the sewer, her seven extra limbs swaying gently behind her.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

SJW content aside, who the fuck actually uses the verb "to gravitate", IRL, in that kind of sentence? Fucking tryhards.

Bioware may have made a freudian slip here and implied that SJWs have sufficient mass to noticeably curve spacetime.

You see, I originally thought, for the briefest moment, that it might have been a deliberate choice/pun because after all, this is a game about space and planets, but then I discarded the idea, as it would have been too far fetched for your average BioWare employee. Your suggestion makes MUCH more sense.

trancers.jpg

Trancers-1.jpg

Nice rant but they had a review http://kotaku.com/mass-effect-andromeda-the-kotaku-review-1793496930

Also this thing http://kotaku.com/heres-how-mass-effect-andromeda-handles-sex-and-romanc-1793533723

If you look on Metacritic it says review pending but that might have been for a different console.

Anyway I'm not clicking on your link to check you dumbfuck, never, ever link directly to Kotaku on the Codex...

:mob:

If any of you people thought this couldn't get any worse then well...

Here is another clip with better combat:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:
Got to ask why do Hoaxmetal and Dexter think they are such city slicker broker hotshots they rate any one else who posts Biowares failing figures as retarded. Fair enough rate the posts that way, rate one or two, but if you constantly do that at least have the decency and self respect to post why you think they're wrong. Or are you too cowardly and lazy to post a rebuttal and be held accountable for it?

EDIT

Now they are rating my other posts retrded, I don't really care, I'd just like to understand their logic.

And still they sit on the sidelines and never put their neck on the line :M ..Cowards.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Got to ask why do Hoaxmetal and Dexter think they are such city slicker broker hotshots they rate any one else who posts Biowares failing figures as retarded. Fair enough rate the posts that way, rate one or two, but if you constantly do that at least have the decency and self respect to post why you think they're wrong. Or are you too cowardly and lazy to post a rebuttal and be held accountable for it?

EDIT

Now they are rating my other posts retrded, I don't really care, I'd just like to understand their logic.

And still they sit on the sidelines and never put their neck on the line :M ..Cowards.
k

Padzi

Arbiter
Uh, pretty much *the* lore point when it came to asari was that they often found mates in other races, but their children kept their asari appearance. You meet interracial asari couples everywhere, and they even have salarian husbands, this is important because they are said to have no sex drives. In fact, pure asaris are a big deal in the games.
I'd say it's the rare occasion where Bioware actually managed to keep up with their own lore.

I think the point is that it was an elcor and not a species a bit more... charismatic. Can you imagine what an elcor sounds like in bed? Elcor voice: "Lustily: oh yes, that is good. Pleadingly: slow down, I'm going to... Sadly: oh no."

yeah that's funny, but still well within the boundaries of ME's lore. Unlike what they did to Sten's race in DA for instance.

Yes, the point was an elcor. Come on.

:what:

What the fuck is this bullshit?! Fucking SJW ruining everything they touch.
Kill.Me.Now.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Witcher 3:Animations in dialogies mostly done by algorithms(aka machines) with a touch of human qa.
Mass effect diversity squad:God knows how much human animators and years of work to create this joke.

EDIT

k

I kind of half apologise to you, as at least you post on the thread. And I shouldn't have really included you in the same breath as dexter, though you still haven't addressed the posts where I believe MEA will not make it's money back.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

EDIT

k

I kind of half apologise to you, as at least you post on the thread. And I shouldn't have really included you in the same breath as dexter, though you still haven't addressed the posts where I believe MEA will not make it's money back.
I just find these couch mathematician conclusions p. worthless since they're built upon hundreds of unknowns and speculation. There aren't any proper stats about units sold out yet and ME seems like strong enough franchise to support at least one shitty (relatively) release, financially. Also shooting "retarded" ratings left and right give me a hard-on :M

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Witcher 3:Animations in dialogies mostly done by algorithms(aka machines) with a touch of human qa.

Not entirely true.
That "algorithm" was basically just a setup to reduce the amount of initial work, but every animation still had to be adjusted and modified by skilled animators.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So this krogan name is Morda? In russian it's
15fk7qf.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom