Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BioWare Are Not EA's Bitch

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bobtheblob said:
In this case the Bioware realities.;) At least Origin had the decency to admit and include in game evidence that they knew they would be(U7-P1), we're being(u8) and had been royally buggered by EA (everything past u8).

As well as Trip Hawkins, the founder of Electronic Arts, in Ultima VI's Captain Hawkins the murdered bloodthirsty pirate who stole the Silver Tablet.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Reading this article kind of depresssed me. They are behaving like they have had an awakening and are looking at their games in a new way. Like they have an elevated sense, and they alude to that.
Instead of EA having a huge input, they drank the kool-aid and are just plain doing it EA's way. That's not exactly rebelion, autonomy, or independence.

Saying they do market research ensures bland games for years to come. However, they do not see this as a flaw, but as some kind of strength. Thanks for the article, and it's very eye opening.

Drakron

Arcane
Come on, they always acted that way.

Also they are not BioWare, they are EA as they no longer directly supervise BioWare as they been kicked up upstairs so hard they remind me of what is called "Madogiwazoku".

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So according to this article, Bioware sucks not because of EA but because Bioware sucks? Glad they could admit it. :salute:

Shannow

Waster of Time
bhlaab said:
So when fans say it's EA's fault Bioware sucks now don't believe them, it's actually Bioware's fault according to Bioware's founders.
Yep, it's Bioware taking on the more extreme codex POV. Funny thing is that I'm sure they believe they're lying. The amount of ironies threatens to implode my head.

DraQ

Arcane
Shannow said:
bhlaab said:
So when fans say it's EA's fault Bioware sucks now don't believe them, it's actually Bioware's fault according to Bioware's founders.
Yep, it's Bioware taking on the more extreme codex POV. Funny thing is that I'm sure they believe they're lying. The amount of ironies threatens to implode my head.

Recursive irony circuit engaged!

OH GOD ITS HEAVAN

Black

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
Jade Empire was one of their better games.
That really doesn't say much when you're talking about bioware.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
we are EA, we're BioWare - we're both

My name is Legion, for we are many.

Morkar said:
Assimilation complete. End of line.

the-thing-07.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bulba said:
Jaesun said:
You know I actually own SOU and still to this day, I can not bring myself to ever play it.

What's SOU?

is EA going to sell BIOWARE?

No? than it makes no difference who is whos bitch, since its going to stay that way for a long time. And even if EA does sell BIOWARE, that would only make them someone elses biatches. :/

What was the last studio EA bought that "stayed for a long time" instead of being closed 5 years after it was acquired?

DragoFireheart

toro said:
They are trying to convince themselves.

I highly doubt that. At least before the merger they seemed to try and makes some kind of video game. Now they're just retarded and just want money.

DragoFireheart

MetalCraze said:
What was the last studio EA bought that "stayed for a long time" instead of being closed 5 years after it was acquired?

Is that a trick question or a rhetorical question?

Drakron

Arcane
MetalCraze said:

Quite a few, Distinctive Software, Inc (Need for Speed) was brought in '91, technically its still around (EA Canada) but that is part of the issue as EA tends to rename and merge studios to the point is impossible to know if they are still around or gone.

Take Maxis, technically they are around but the studio was disbanded when The Sims 2 was released.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
skyway at least give them time to release the expansion pack that supports same sex romances first

bros I am not kidding they said stuff like that was to be a post-release consideration

DragoFireheart

sgc_meltdown said:
skyway at least give them time to release the expansion pack that supports same sex romances first

bros I am not kidding they said stuff like that was to be a post-release consideration

- Romances are the new derp, much like quest compasses and health regen.

waywardOne

Arcane
They should do more interviews where they explain how they don't actually suck. What is this, three in a row now? Apologetic futility.

DragoFireheart

Overweight Manatee said:
Textbook example of Stockholm Syndrome in its advanced stages.

- You're giving Bioware too much credit. I highly doubt they were taken "hostage" and were shit long before the merge.

Drakron

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
When SWTOR inevitably flops you won't be able to tell how much of Bioware is in that EA Canada

Its BioWare Austin that is doing it, Zeschuk might take the hit but Muzyka is likely to be safe from any fallout.

These two been kicked upstairs so hard they manage nothing, BioWare already been EA assimilated because many people taken management jobs come after EA acquisition or were promoted after it, that is what matter and truth is ... even if it bomb EA will still use BioWare name as long it can sell, like Maxis no matter what their internal state is.

DemonKing

Arcane
Actually I think I am Bio's Bitch for buying DAII - that was the first Bio title I can honestly say where they managed to put so much suckiness in the redeeming parts were completely overwhelmed.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
bioware can be thought of more as a new trophy wife who thinks she got the better end of the deal

Cynic

Arcane
Current Bioware fans

306328_10150300724614367_8101714366_7645672_2142723007_n.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom