Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bill Heineman: Memories of Interplay

Dark Elf

Erudite
Paycheck, I suppose, delivered right on time?

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
But who is on the board? He is and so is his brother, right? He can probably get them to pay him what he wants. He is CEO and CFO now, so he probably talked them into giving him the combined salaries for both positions.

WaltC

Novice
Major_Blackhart said:
I wonder what happens to him and his brother if both Titus and IPLY tank and go under. THey skip the country? Retire? what.

"Buying stocks is always a risk." Here endeth the lesson...;) As a stockholder buying stock in any company, you are not indemnified against loss by any entity. In some cases it is literally casting your pearls before swine....;) In some cases you make out like a bandit. The key for successful investors is in knowing the difference between the swine and those companies you can trust with your investments. Investing is definitely a caveat emptor proposition.

In this case I think we have a long, slow glide into greed, hubris, mismanagement and incompetence. When a game developer becomes a publisher and somehow manages to forget that the company rests on making/publishing good games, not on number crunching and clever stock deals and mergers, it's not long for this world. As the games go, so goes the company, pretty much. Prudent investors got out of IPLY a long time ago. In this case I think what happened is that financial reports became far more meaningful and important to the company's top brass than the quality of the games it was publishing. The problem with borrowing from Peter to pay Paul is that eventually Peter cuts off the credit line while Paul becomes insistent on getting repaid.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Oh, should be roughly 16438356 in 6,000,000,000 or so. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom