Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Between CKII and Vic2: AHD, Pdox nerds might have not noticed a new campaign DLC for HoI3

Erzherzog

Magister
The guys that made the Daes Irie Goetterdammerung (hereafter referred to as DI:G) have released a new campaign titled Stars and Stripes (DI:S&S).

For those that don't know, Paradox let a couple modders create DLC for some cash. The whole point is for very country specific campaigns with a whole slew of extra events and decisions. First they made one for Germany (DI:G). Now there's one for USA. (BTW: DI:G is on ridiculous sale. 25 cents I think? Easily bought by blue coins if you use Gamersgate often.)

Tried a campaign even though I hate playing America in HoI series. Verdict so far is that it's quite simply BROKEN. This is more of just a notification thread than a review because my first game, when Japan invaded China it got pushed back a line of one provinces. Therefore the whole chain supposed to bring America in did not occur. Therefore I fought an extremely limited war against Japan, as somehow China was at peace with them. So it turned into Allies vs. Japan plus USA vs. Japan (I was not able to join allies. Japan didn't succeed against China, therefore it generated no threat, therefore couldn't join any faction.)

The saving grace is that at game start you can selected nations to be buffed, and it's very detailed. (You can buff all allies or everyone but France and Poland.) If you play, you ought to buff Japan.

As for the scripted events, you get chances to do semi-plausible a-historical things. (Ally with Axis or Comintern). There's a decision chain for getting out of Great Depression but it's far too easy.

Needs fixing but if you buff japan it might be fun. Couldn't get a sense of how good the AI was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom